It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:36 pm 
Cup Winner

Holy shit that was some of the best passing and most intense plays I've ever seen.

Foligno is a monster and can hold onto a puck and Vanek is just fucking incredible to get that pass to Ennis for a wide open net.

Great breakdown by the Bruins also to leave a guy like him wide open.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:48 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Playing with my emotions, but holy crap HDTV!!

20 to go, we're far from the end here, and still without power. 1 lappy down, another is almost toast but my phone is still around 90%. Please, boys. Pull this one out and SOMEONE stomp on Marchant's throat?!

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Myers is so, so bad this season.

That goal wasn't Myers fault though, he was on his man fine.

The miss by both Myers and that forward though, was unacceptable.

Look at the whole play leading up to the third Boston goal. Myers is scrambling and falling all over the place, and doesn't take out Seguin in front of the net until after the goal is scored (and crosschecks his back at that). Horrible play.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 pm 
Cup Winner

AudSabres wrote:
Playing with my emotions, but holy crap HDTV!!

20 to go, we're far from the end here, and still without power. 1 lappy down, another is almost toast but my phone is still around 90%. Please, boys. Pull this one out and SOMEONE stomp on Marchant's throat?!

Same here.

Marchand's second goal they showed again, and I agree with Rob Ray, fucking take the body on that and that goal doesn't happen. This isn't men's beer league hockey, hit the mother fucker.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:53 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

It's a good game. Best in over a week.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:56 pm 
Cup Winner

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Myers is so, so bad this season.

That goal wasn't Myers fault though, he was on his man fine.

The miss by both Myers and that forward though, was unacceptable.

Look at the whole play leading up to the third Boston goal. Myers is scrambling and falling all over the place, and doesn't take out Seguin in front of the net until after the goal is scored (and crosschecks his back at that). Horrible play.

I did watch that, and that far up is actually the center's job to take care of, which both Sabre's players missed that. Myers was back in position when they goal was scored, and Marchand, should have been picked up by the center.

Which essentially puts the blame off of Myers. You don't go scramble around to try and block a shot on D, that would have been a much worse play for Myers to do after he got back into position.

Marchand's first goal though, Myers should have hit him instead of the stick, but Marchand did get the move on him which fooled and stopped Myers so he couldn't get the body on him, which probably would have fooled everyone playing D against him, it was a good move.

Rud wrote:

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:00 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Myers missed his stick check trying to knock a pass away, and put himself out of position just before. And just before that, the puck get tapped back into the zone by a forward where the cleanup D-man (Myers) should be, but he's skated himself out of position and the puck goes deep into Buffalo's zone to set the whole thing up.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 pm 
Cup Winner

That was a terrible pass by Myer's on their last goal though, stupid blind passes don't work very well unless your name is Wayne Gretzky

Rud wrote:

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 pm 
Cup Winner

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Myers missed his stick check trying to knock a pass away, and put himself out of position just before. And just before that, the puck get tapped back into the zone by a forward where the cleanup D-man (Myers) should be, but he's skated himself out of position and the puck goes deep into Buffalo's zone to set the whole thing up.

That whole play would have been avoided if one of the two Sabre's players would have got that puck in the high slot, which both missed, equal faults on both parties, I think it was actually Stafford who also missed the puck there too. If you're going to put all the blame on Myers, then please stop. Equal parties are at fault there. And After Myers got back, he ws in position, you never want to go into the corner if you're that outnumbered in front of the net on defense. Which he did the right move to take away a possible rebound attempt by Seguin.

Rud wrote:

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:04 pm 
Cup Winner

But we still have a terrible time getting it out of our zone regardless which D pair is back there it seems. It seems possibly the only pair that gets it out consistently is the Sekera/Weber pair.

Rud wrote:

Los9090
Superstar Goalie

Myers/Leoplod fuck up again.

Stuuuuuuu
Franchise Defenseman

It's not all Myers. However it's my firm opinion he has a lot of responsibility for both the 2nd and 3rd Boston goals.

Look, I have a Myers jersey, and I wear it. But he hasn't played well.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:07 pm 
Cup Winner

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
It's not all Myers. However it's my firm opinion he has a lot of responsibility for both the 2nd and 3rd Boston goals.

Look, I have a Myers jersey, and I wear it. But he hasn't played well.

Not disagreeing there, I honestly do not like the Leopold/Myers pair at all either. He definitely needs to play better.

It looks like his skating isn't as smooth as it has been, possibly ankle still bothering him. Because he keeps getting caught flat footed it seems on stuff.

I'm just sick of almost all blame going to one player (Myers) all the time when it isn't all his fault for a four game losing streak.

Rud wrote:

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 pm 
Cup Winner

Leopold seems to be just as bad this year as Myers.

And Vanek really wants a part of that League scoring race. Tied at first with 14 points now.

Rud wrote:

AudSabres
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:11 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Power just came back on!

Common boys!!

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 pm 
Cup Winner

Gotta kill this double minor off.

Rud wrote:

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:18 pm 
Cup Winner

Thank goodness that was a trip.

Rud wrote:

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:21 pm 
Cup Winner

MILLLLLLLLERRRRRR!!!!!!

Rud wrote:

AudSabres
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:22 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Miller is seeing that puck like a boss!

5 bucks to go, boys! We can do this!

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:22 pm 
Cup Winner

That was a dumb play by Sulzer and Ehrhoff going behind the goal line down a man.

Rud wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next