It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:48 am 
Superstar Goalie

Buffalo received a little help last night with the Flyers beating the Rags but the Jets still managed to grab points against the Bolts. Don't think it needs to be said but every game from here on out is huge for the Sabres and their hopes for a playoff spot.

B's could be getting Marchand and Bergeron back for tonight as per the twitters (fantastic)

Stomp the B's in regulation convincingly and come back home with 2 points.

DO IT!

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:54 am 
PP Quarterback

Would it be terrible of me to feel bad if the Sabres win tonight? I'm so torn.

@TJLuckman550

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:06 pm 
PP Quarterback

Miller was the first one off, but both goalies stayed on for extra work. Could be a smoke screen, but if Miller's starting, I give up with this team. Go with the hot guy. Enroth has been unreal. Why ruin a good thing?

Also, no Grigorenko tonight, so he's just taking up space because the Sabres are the Sabres. Jesus Christ.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:16 pm 
Hart Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Miller was the first one off, but both goalies stayed on for extra work. Could be a smoke screen, but if Miller's starting, I give up with this team. Go with the hot guy. Enroth has been unreal. Why ruin a good thing?

Also, no Grigorenko tonight, so he's just taking up space because the Sabres are the Sabres. Jesus Christ.

Whoa whoa whoa, if we start our starter we suck? Miller hasn't been the problemo, the team has, and since the team looks like an actual team now Miller can play.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 pm 
PP Quarterback

Should have clarified I love Ryan Miller, but coaching 101 says go with the hot goalie. That's Enroth.

Edit: My 1500th post is a post in support of Enroth starting his 3rd game in a row. Stranger things have happened...

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:39 pm 
Hart Winner

I really don't mind either goalie starting. I know both will get the job done in net. It's the team I'm worried about. They've been unpredictable.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:47 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
I really don't mind either goalie starting. I know both will get the job done in net. It's the team I'm worried about. They've been unpredictable.

I suppose I can agree with that. I can do that with you every once in a while.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:49 pm 
Hart Winner

;)

sabresindc
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm 
Captain Clutch

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

Why the fuck are the scratching him. Rolo decision making is really getting on my fucking nerves. Throw in the damn towel already and turn this team into the Amerks.

I'm glad I have my son's baseball practice tonight. This game is all but lost right about now anyway.....

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:35 pm 
PP Quarterback

sabresindc wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

Why the fuck are the scratching him. Rolo decision making is really getting on my fucking nerves. Throw in the damn towel already and turn this team into the Amerks.

I'm glad I have my son's baseball practice tonight. This game is all but lost right about now anyway.....

Not. Ready. Send. To. Rochester.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:51 pm 
Hart Winner

See, I want him to stay, it's just that if we can't use him why bother keeping him up? Send to Rochester! It's better he goes there and is a prominent part of their team than play a game here and there up here.

YankeeInRaleigh
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:03 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

holy f-ing shitballs batman, I am SOOOO sick of not being able to see the game because I don't have this bullshit NBCsports channel the game is on.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:22 pm 
MegaDouche

Either this goes to OT, or the Sabres get raped hard.. My prediction at least

Los9090
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:55 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Hate it when Hecht passes up on checks

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:26 pm 
Penalty Killer

The only reason I'm 'watching' this game is to please my husband; otherwise I'd be listening to it on the radio. The announcers are so pro-Boston its disgusting! If I knew where to send one I'd send SOMEBODY a snarky email about the coverage. The play has been good but, by what I can hear, its all Boston. I"m not even sure Buffalo is out on the ice. Other than Miller, of course. Buffalo is playing every bit as exciting a game as Boston but you'd never know it to listen to the play by play.

OldTimeHockey
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 pm 
PP Quarterback

Last Bruins game one of the Boston announcers said that Vanek would be in the lineup so he won't be able to score his goal a game against the Bruins.

In a word...that's totally f'n right!

Any game where the Sabres beat the Bruins and Vanek scores makes me happy. Any Bruins game where we win, Vanek scores and also Marchand is kept off the score sheet makes me ecstatic.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:28 pm 
Penalty Killer

Vanek was only a shadow of himself tonight...and he was still worth having on the ice. ;)