Yhoshi
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:20 am 
Franchise Defenseman

BOSTON VS. BUFFALO

Quote:
BRUINS (37-16-4) at SABRES (16-34-8)

TV: NBCSN, TSN2

Last 10: Boston 7-1-2; Buffalo 3-6-1

Season series: This is the fourth of five games between the Boston Bruins and Buffalo Sabres. The Bruins have scored nine goals in two victories against the Sabres and most recently earned a 4-1 win on Dec. 21 at TD Garden.

Big story: The Bruins play for the first time since Feb. 8. They're aiming to build on their Atlantic Division lead which has them seven points ahead of the second-place Tampa Bay Lightning. Boston entered the Olympic break having earned points in nine of 10 games.

Buffalo takes the ice for the second time in as many nights after returning to action Tuesday. The Sabres earned a 3-2 victory against the Carolina Hurricanes at First Niagara Center.

Team Scope:

Bruins: Boston coach Claude Julien ran practice Tuesday for the first time since helping Canada win its second straight gold medal at the Olympics. Julien was an assistant on coach Mike Babcock's staff.

"I'm ready to go here, and I'm looking forward to getting back with my team and getting back into games," Julien told the Bruins website.

"Right now I feel no effects, and if anything, the excitement over there really energized me coming back, and I'm looking forward to trying to accomplish the same thing here with this Bruins team."

Sabres: Ryan Miller spent much of the 2014 Sochi Olympics watching from the United States' bench, but he saw plenty of action Tuesday. Miller made 36 saves in what could be one of his final starts in a Buffalo uniform with the NHL Trade Deadline set for March 5. He can become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

"I've been practicing pretty hard for about 12 days," Miller said after also adding two assists in the win against the Hurricanes. "I feel like I didn't lose too much as far as practice rhythm and stuff, but it was good to get in a game. I had the one game over there in Sochi (a 5-1 win against Slovenia on Feb. 16), so I kind of stayed a little more on top of things than most of the boys I think, just because they had the long break.

"I feel all right. Just a little bit jet-lagged, but not bad."

Who's hot: Bruins center David Krejci (two goals, three assists), left wing Milan Lucic (two goals, three assists) and right wing Jarome Iginla (two goals, five assists) have four-game point streaks. … Sabres defenseman Christian Ehrhoff scored twice Tuesday, including the game-winner at 19:16 of the third period. Ehrhoff has eight points (four goals, four assists) in his past eight games. Forward Drew Stafford has 11 points (six goals, five assists) in his past eight.

Injury report: Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid (leg) is doubtful, but the team is hopeful he'll be ready to go by the weekend. McQuaid has missed nine straight games. Defenseman Dennis Seidenberg (knee) is out for the season. … Sabres center Zenon Konopka (finger) is day-to-day.
(nhl.com)

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:38 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

Man I hate the Bruins...