It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
Yhoshi
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:40 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

R E V E N G E
R E V A N C H E
R A C H E
P A Y B A C K
V E N G E A N C E

Quote:
Sabres seek to avenge loss to Islanders
    STATS
    14 GP 11
    5 W 8
    4 L 2
    5 OT 1
    15 P 17
    0.536 P% 0.773
    2.57 G/G 2.91
    2.86 GA/G 2.18
    19.6 PP% 16.7
    82.4 PK% 79.5
    30.9 S/G 35.5
    32.6 SA/G 29.4
    53.9 FO% 50.4
    DATE VIS/HOME FINAL
    Oct 31, 2009 BUF@NYI NYI, 5 - 0
    Oct 16, 2009 NYI@BUF BUF, 6 - 3
    ISLANDERS (5-4-5) at SABRES (8-2-1)

Last 10 -- Islanders 5-3-2; Sabres 8-2-0.

Season series -- This is already the third of four meetings between the teams. The Isles avenged a 6-3 loss at Buffalo on Oct. 16 with a 5-0 victory last Saturday on Long Island. In that game, Jeff Tambellini notched his first NHL hat trick and Martin Biron stopped all 38 shots he faced for his 200th career win.

Big story -- Both teams have been battling the flu bug as of late, especially the Sabres. They received some good news on Tuesday, however, as Patrick Kaleta practiced with the team for the first time since late last week. Kaleta missed Saturday's loss to the Islanders.

"It's something that you just have to battle through," Buffalo coach Lindy Ruff said. "A couple guys were getting sick here and there. We just have to come together as a team and play as a team in the roles that are needed."

Team Scope :

Islanders -- After going 0-3-3 in their first six games of the season, fewer teams are playing better hockey at the present time than the Islanders. Scott Gordon's club has won four in a row and has points in six consecutive games (4-0-2). New York extended its win streak on Monday in a 3-1 victory against the Edmonton Oilers at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.

"You can obviously see they're feeding off of it," Gordon said of the winning streak. "But I think even in all those shootout losses and overtime losses, we were taking the positives from it, and there were a lot of positives. I think there's been more positives throughout the whole season."

Sabres -- With no action in between games against the Islanders, the Sabres are probably still steaming from Saturday's poor performance on Long Island. They used the last two days of practice to correct issues that were visible against the Isles.

"We're always going to be addressing something," Ruff said. "There's areas of the game where we've got to be better. We had some great opportunities to finish, and we didn't. We gave them some opportunities, and they did. From our standpoint, we want to limit a few of their opportunities. I think we gave up a couple that we didn't need to give up."

Who's hot -- Brendan Witt had the first two-goal game of his 14-year NHL career on Monday night against the Oilers. … John Tavares scored his fifth goal of the season in the victory and is now tied with Matt Moulson for the team lead with 11 points.

For the Sabres, Tim Connolly -- who has dealt with concussion problems throughout his career -- has 10 points (4 goals, 6 assists) in 11 games this season. … Saturday's loss was Miller's first in regulation. He is 8-1-1 with a 1.86 goals-against average and a .940 save percentage.

Injury report -- Isles right wing Trent Hunter (torn pectoral) is progressing and could return within a week. Rick DiPietro (knee, hip) is still rehabbing and there have been reports that he is aiming to return by the end of the month. Buffalo defenseman Toni Lydman is day-to-day with a groin strain. He has missed the past four games.

Stat pack -- Isles captain Doug Weight had two assists on Monday. Weight was battling the swine flu the previous week … Sabres forward Jason Pominville fired eight shots on goal against the Isles on Saturday but saw his two-game point streak snapped. His team is just 9-for-54 on the power play this season.

Puck drop -- The attitude has clearly changed on Long Island in the past 7-10d days. These Islanders have a swagger to them that has been created due to this four-game winning streak. If the Isles are going to continue to win, though, they'll need to do it on the road. Nine of their next 10 games and 14 of the next 17 will be played away from home. (http://www.nhl.com)

Last edited by Yhoshi on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:56 pm 
Star Sniper

Sabres will take this one...looking forward to the game immensely!

Revanch?

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:29 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

End The Curse wrote:
Sabres will take this one...looking forward to the game immensely!

Revanch?

guess what.... it s another language
:)
the german and i think the french word for revenge

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:32 pm 
Captain Clutch

Hopefully Rivet has set the tone for Wednesday's game on Saturday!!!!

Looks like Goose and Patty will be back in the lineup come Wednesday! Now, I expect the team to come out hard and fast, hitting everything in sight. We need to put the Islanders on the heels quickly and get them to realize that it's not going to be easy.
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=504659

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:17 pm 
Cup Winner

Glad Goose and Kaleta will be back.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:43 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I want blood. And goals. Lots of both.

I want Kaleta to set the tone early.
I want Rivet and Goose to dole out metered punishment.
I want Kennedy and Myers to play the games of their early lives.
And I want our top line to DO SOMETHING ALREADY.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:44 pm 
Star Sniper

mechaphil wrote:

I will be absolutely lit for this game. I've got drinking plans starting at 5:30 and will not stop until post game.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:46 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

End The Curse wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

I will be absolutely lit for this game. I've got drinking plans starting at 5:30 and will not stop until post game.

Make sure you use a Fishsticks-era Isles jersey for a bar napkin! ;)

End The Curse
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:48 pm 
Star Sniper

mechaphil wrote:
End The Curse wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

Make sure you use a Fishsticks-era Isles jersey for a bar napkin! ;)

:lol: They do that at Panthers games down here on the jumbotron. Take the opponents jersey and use it as a napkin, a floor mat, a diaper, etc... anyway, as long as we have the slug we have no room to speak. At least they dumped Gorton!

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:49 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Well, wear a vintage jersey during the game? :D

End The Curse
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:52 pm 
Star Sniper

mechaphil wrote:
Well, wear a vintage jersey during the game? :D

Can you even remotely picture me, of all people, wearing Al Smith's hair on my chest?

Timbo Slice
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:24 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

sabresindc wrote:
Hopefully Rivet has set the tone for Wednesday's game on Saturday!!!!

Looks like Goose and Patty will be back in the lineup come Wednesday! Now, I expect the team to come out hard and fast, hitting everything in sight. We need to put the Islanders on the heels quickly and get them to realize that it's not going to be easy.
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=504659

Oh, CRAP! I didn't see that! Captain Craig gave it to Sutton. Sweet.

Great news. Goose and Patty are HUGE to this team.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:28 am 
Star Sniper

Since I missed the weekend games while in Disney with the family, and not really drinking at all for nearly a week, I have the intensity of ten men for this game. BRING IT ON! I'm going to pour me a vodka rocks right now...time for a little head start.

Rutledge222
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:51 am 
Power Forward

Payback is a Bitch, so suck it Islander Nation!

LETS GO BUFFALO!

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:56 am 
Captain Dynasty

I think if there's one player besides Miller I don't want to miss time, it's Paul Gaustad.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:56 am 
Captain Dynasty

I'm excited, the wait between games seems far too long.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:00 am 
Star Sniper

Sabres outshoot Isles 44-20, and win 4-1.

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:15 am 
Star Sniper

...I really don't know what to expect.

The Sabres may come out and decimate them, or it maybe a replay of "yeah, well, we're supposed to win this one..." and, nothing happens.

Goose, Kaleta, Ellis. The only line I can honestly expect to show up and play Hockey. For every shift.

...It will also depend on who's in goal for the Isles...

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:16 am 
Star Sniper

Roy scores tonight. Take it to the bank.

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:19 am 
Star Sniper

End The Curse wrote:
Roy scores tonight. Take it to the bank.

...his fortunes on Chippewa notwithstanding, it would also be nice if he put the puck into the net.

:D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 419 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next