It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Rutledge222
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:24 pm 
Power Forward

My dad told me about this site that his friend buys jerseys from all the time... but i was looking at 45$ for a authentic jersey seems a little cheep so it makes me suspect that it is the Chinese knock offs?

http://ecseller.com/

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:54 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Yes

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:29 pm 
Garbage Man

Yes. Some better than others though. But still, they're all fake as Pamela Anderson's tits.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:01 pm 
PP Quarterback

Who really cares if they're fake? They're cheaper than the real thing and they still look much more than halfway decent enough to pass as the real thing.

@TJLuckman550

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:14 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

A lot of people care if they're wearing a shitty fake jersey or not. I'd gladly pay retail dollar for a real jersey instead of some shoddy ripoff.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:28 am 
Franchise Defenseman

phils right, a lot of people do care and if you know what your looking for you can tell the difference.

I happen to have 1 knockoff jersey (winter classic towes). when Montreal did their "knockoff trade" this past season they put out a list of things to look for on fake jerseys. they were all pretty obscure things that would pretty much require you to be wearing the jersey, or if it was one someone else, get to second base. stuff like the width and length of the fightstrap, the NHL shield on the collar, some of the stitching, etc are all different. but from the ones ive seen, you can generally get a pretty good jersey as long as you now somethings to look for (the lettering being right is a big one)

for people who are getting into the sport, who arent really all that big into a team but like the jersey (or vice versa) or dont want to drop $300, i think the knockoffs are an acceptable way to go. I personally don't have too much of a problem with them. it worked out well for me with the hawks jersey because (while the jersey is cool) i really dont care too much about the Blackhawks or Towes. while you might not have that NHL authentic feeling in everything thread, you will have quality jersey and $200 dollars in your pocket.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:30 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Then why not just buy a blank legit jersey?

Wozniak
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:24 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

mechaphil wrote:

a blank authentic would still be around $300 and a blank replica would run $115 per NHL.com.

the knockoffs could cost like half a replica and have all the markings of the authentic.

i get why people dont like them and i get why people would buy them. im on the fence. :think:

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:37 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

But if you say, live in Wisconsin and really want a pominville jersey, a knock-off would probably be fine since most of the people here think a Sabre fan is some dude that loves swords.

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Wozniak wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

a blank authentic would still be around $300 and a blank replica would run $115 per NHL.com.

the knockoffs could cost like half a replica and have all the markings of the authentic.

i get why people dont like them and i get why people would buy them. im on the fence. :think:

But knockoffs look. Like. Shit. I don't know why people would buy them, they look terrible. You're getting what you pay for - a cheap jersey for a cheap price. I will gladly pay retail for a good, legit jersey instead of going cheap for some shitty bootleg sweater. Blech.

I can spot a fake from a mile away. If it's a good one, give me two minutes and I'll find the discrepancy. I would never knowingly buy a knock-off for myself or anyone else. Missy's Goose jersey is a knock-off but I couldn't tell in the eBay photo and the only thing wrong with it is the NHL badge. If I had known then, I wouldn't have gotten it.

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:43 pm 
Garbage Man

I own two fakes. I have a Setoguchi 3rd Sharks jersey and a Vanek 3rd. The Sharks 3rd is close, but the Vanek 3rd is more like the vintage jersey, in other words, all wrong. I just use them for pickup hockey games at the Pepsi Center. They're good for stuff like that.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:46 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

mechaphil wrote:
I can spot a fake from a mile away. If it's a good one, give me two minutes and I'll find the discrepancy. I would never knowingly buy a knock-off for myself or anyone else. Missy's Goose jersey is a knock-off but I couldn't tell in the eBay photo and the only thing wrong with it is the NHL badge. If I had known then, I wouldn't have gotten it.

Well shit...now I'm going to send you more pics of my Biron 3rd so I don't fly it to WNY to have you throw it back in my face :lol:

/no, seriously ;)

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:48 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Hahaha difference is I know you got that on the cheap from the Sabres Store after the Slug transition

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:19 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i'd buy a knock-off.

fan4life61
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:34 pm 
PP Quarterback

i own a couple, they look good enough and i use them to play hockey in

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

AudSabres
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:25 am 
Superstar Goalie

I own a few as well. Tara's Myers is a knock off, but the ones which we've bought are made by using the same materials as the format of the edge 1.0. I Have a Pommers which is a 52+ (noted on the tag because it is wider in the chest) which is the same materials as what was used when the NHL first switched over. Also, my Vanek 3rd is a “fake-legit” for these same reasons. Same template/materials as what was used when they first came out (Edge1.0) but fake by today’s standards as they went with air-knit material for the Edge 2.0 system. So, even though it's the right template, it's still a knock off by today’s standards.

If you're looking for something as close to the real deal, without paying the big dollar, they're great. But I agree with Phil, to buy something "Authentic" you're best off to invest the coin in something which is legit.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:07 am 
PP Quarterback

I'm sorry, but as a fan who makes minimum wage at a grocery store and goes to college full time, I find knockoffs acceptable because they're so cheap, and if you know where to look and what to look for, you can get it close enough where it really doesn't make too much of a difference. I have a Detroit Winter Classic knockoff and unless you're within 2 feet of me, you can't tell it's fake at all.

All my Sabres jerseys are replicas (Premier) from the Sabres store because I can't afford the absurd amount of money that the authentics go for.

@TJLuckman550

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:29 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Well, when I say "authentic", it's a big difference than if I say "Authentic". There's no way in hell I'm paying almost $300 for a jersey. Everything I own is a replica as well.