It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
fan4life61
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:47 pm 
PP Quarterback

mechaphil wrote:
Well, folks, that's getting debunked as fake. I watched a video this morning of the jersey select screen and the away and third jerseys are still locked, plus Chris from Icethetics just confirmed the leak is fake.

i thought that too because i also saw that video, but then i thought maybe someone just cracked the jersey code

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

SeveredLegionair
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:31 pm 
7th Defenseman

mechaphil wrote:
Well, folks, that's getting debunked as fake. I watched a video this morning of the jersey select screen and the away and third jerseys are still locked, plus Chris from Icethetics just confirmed the leak is fake.

damn..i really liked that jersey.. IMO that type of piping looks better than whats on the dark jersey

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:22 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I like it too - it ties nicely into the shoulder yolks, IMO

Montalo
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:49 pm 
PP Quarterback

i know its not being done, but

if we have to have piping, why not make it blue/gold just like our shoulders are

fan4life61
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:42 pm 
PP Quarterback

once again, just got these from phil, ICETHETICS CONFIRMS THESE ARE LEGIT

Quote:
We also have new details on the Sabres' new third jersey. It's royal blue and celebrates the history of Buffalo hockey with a vintage white script across the chest inspired by the old Buffalo Bisons club. Beneath the script and set to the right side is the Sabres' 40th anniversary mark — the retro logo with 19 and 70 inside the blue circle.

The striping is somewhat unusual. Both the sleeves and bottom of the sweater feature two sets of yellow double-stripes — for a total of four stripes each around the sleeves an waist, perhaps symbolic of each decade the team has existed. The collar is yellow with vintage white laces.

Quote:
Most important, the stripes around the waist are reversed. Gold should be in the middle, with blue/silver above and below. It is different from the original '70s jersey in that regard.

Also, while there is thin silver piping running up the sides of the sweater, it's not nearly as heavy-handed as what you see in the viral image. And of course the image is blurry, as you would expect for something of this nature. So I can't see whether it has the silver stripes around the waist and sleeves. The real thing does, just like the new home jersey.

Also, some have asked about the silver "armpits." I haven't seen that part of the white sweater so I can't answer that. My guess would be that it mirrors the blue one, so it probably will.

jersey pics from twitter

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz

Last edited by fan4life61 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rutledge222
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:05 pm 
Power Forward

sweeet I like the white one for the most part, but the shoulders seem kinda bland.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:10 pm 
PP Quarterback

fan4life61 wrote:
once again, just got these from phil, not confirmed as real or fake, but the match up with the descriptions on icethetics

Quote:
We also have new details on the Sabres' new third jersey. It's royal blue and celebrates the history of Buffalo hockey with a vintage white script across the chest inspired by the old Buffalo Bisons club. Beneath the script and set to the right side is the Sabres' 40th anniversary mark — the retro logo with 19 and 70 inside the blue circle.

The striping is somewhat unusual. Both the sleeves and bottom of the sweater feature two sets of yellow double-stripes — for a total of four stripes each around the sleeves an waist, perhaps symbolic of each decade the team has existed. The collar is yellow with vintage white laces.

Quote:
Most important, the stripes around the waist are reversed. Gold should be in the middle, with blue/silver above and below. It is different from the original '70s jersey in that regard.

Also, while there is thin silver piping running up the sides of the sweater, it's not nearly as heavy-handed as what you see in the viral image. And of course the image is blurry, as you would expect for something of this nature. So I can't see whether it has the silver stripes around the waist and sleeves. The real thing does, just like the new home jersey.

Also, some have asked about the silver "armpits." I haven't seen that part of the white sweater so I can't answer that. My guess would be that it mirrors the blue one, so it probably will.

jersey pics from twitter

The white one is beautiful. However, I am somewhat disappointed that they switched the waist stipes around. The outside stripes should definitely be yellow, and the big middle one should be blue.

The 3rd I'll reserve judgment for until I see the back.

@TJLuckman550

Wozniak
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:34 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

the alternate jersey would have been better if "BUFFALO" was a little bigger. besides that though, its a decent, vintage looking, jersey.

as for the white. does anyone else think that having the silver accents is pointless? i do. i would have preferred to have had wider stripes on the arms and bottom along with (if necessary) blue piping.

that being said, i still want the white one.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

Rutledge222
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:42 pm 
Power Forward

Wozniak wrote:
the alternate jersey would have been better if "BUFFALO" was a little bigger. besides that though, its a decent, vintage looking, jersey.

as for the white. does anyone else think that having the silver accents is pointless? i do. i would have preferred to have had wider stripes on the arms and bottom along with (if necessary) blue piping.

that being said, i still want the white one.

agreed. and i still want one too

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:52 pm 
Star Sniper

The road is a little different than what I imagined, but I like it. The alternate is nice as well, pretty much what we were expecting.

They're both "buys" for me..

"Let's just trap Sekera in the caverns underneath HSBC arena." -BlueandYellow

Reporter: "Steve, you guys now lead the league in defensive scoring."
Montador: "It's probably because of how good-looking we are."

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:41 pm 
Garbage Man

I am getting a new road Kaleta one. Nothing will stop me.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

fly as hale
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:16 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Those are tight! Me thinks I'll get a road Miller. 8-)

Hockey Night in Buffalo

sabresindc
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:24 am 
Captain Clutch

I'll definitely be working on getting that third.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Jim Bob
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:37 am 
Penalty Killer

I have a few different, random thoughts on this year's set of jerseys:

- I wish there was no silver at all. But, given that decision not changing, I like the way the home & away jerseys look.

- I think both the home & away jerseys look sharp and are a huge upgrade over the slug-o-rific home and away jerseys we had last year.

- The 3rd jersey is disappointing to me. I don't like throwing the numbers on the original logo and the striping. If they are going retro, the striping should have looked like this:

But all in all, I am really happy that the slug is dead.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Assuming those pics are legit, and I trust Icethetics, this is going to be an expensive fall for me. :)

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:28 pm 
Garbage Man

Just got my job on campus. Looks like I got my income now. :D

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

shedoesntgetit
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:44 pm 
Garbage Man

the third doesn't look horrible like i thought it would.

and i really like the aways. looks like i'll be buying one. especially since the only jersey i have that fits ( still swims on me) still is my satan one i cried, and begged my dad for when i was 10. hard part will be picking a player.

patkane88
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:20 pm 
Captain Clutch

I love to see stuff get leaked out to the public, anyways I really like the third and the road jerseys a lot

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:25 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I think the white one might be an elaborate fake

Wozniak
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:30 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Jim Bob wrote:
I have a few different, random thoughts on this year's set of jerseys:

- I wish there was no silver at all. But, given that decision not changing, I like the way the home & away jerseys look.

- I think both the home & away jerseys look sharp and are a huge upgrade over the slug-o-rific home and away jerseys we had last year.

- The 3rd jersey is disappointing to me. I don't like throwing the numbers on the original logo and the striping. If they are going retro, the striping should have looked like this:

But all in all, I am really happy that the slug is dead.

i agree with most of what you said (down with silver). the numbered logo on the Alternate, to me, is the equivalent to a patch. that is, at least, what is making me able to tolerate it. the stripping doesnt bother me that much though.

mechaphil wrote:
I think the white one might be an elaborate fake

what makes you think that phil?

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next