It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:14 am 
Star Sniper

Yes, there are teams besides the Sabres who are rumored to be adding onto, or altering their uniforms for the upcoming season.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2010/8/5/nhl-jerseywatch-2010.html

I've paraphrased the list;

Anaheim Ducks
New alternate jersey The Anaheim Ducks have apparently confirmed plans to launch a new third jersey for 2010-11. On June 27 at the Select-a-Seat event for season ticket holders, Ducks GM Bob Murray said the alternate uniform would be released on November 26.

Buffalo Sabres
New home, road & alternate jerseys. The Sabres will be undergoing big changes to celebrate their 40th anniversary season. Their current third jersey — a throwback with some modern updates — will take over as the home jersey, as has long been rumored.

Reebok lists the Sabres' road sweater as TBD, but it will most likely be a white version of the current alternates. I also understand they'll be adding an entirely new third jersey, but I'm told it may be only for the 40th anniversary season.

It will be royal blue with BUFFALO in a white script across the front, containing the vintage logo with the player's number underneath. The concept here to the right is my own rough rendering of the description I've been given. I've added the traditional striping and colors.

Calgary Flames
New alternate & specialty jersey As the Flames have already announced, they will be bringing back the red retro jersey that was worn for a handful of games this season. The major difference is that it will be adapted to the Reebok Edge cut. The striping will remain unchanged.

Columbus Blue Jackets
New alternate jersey & anniversary patch The Blue Jackets have not made an official announcement, but the Columbus Dispatch confirmed earlier this month that a new third jersey is in development and will be used in the 2010-11 campaign. This is corroborated by Reebok.

According to the newspaper, a cannon will be the central feature of the crest on the new uniform. The jersey will be publicly unveiled in November 2010.

Dallas Stars
Road & alternate jerseys swapped Reebok confirms that the Stars will officially switch their road and alternate jerseys next season. Both jerseys are white. Currently, the third is a white version of the home jersey, which features DALLAS arched above the sweater number.

As of the fall, the white DALLAS jersey will become the primary road sweater. The one crested with the Stars' primary logo will become the alternate.

Los Angeles Kings
New specialty jersey Rich Hammond, a blogger affiliated with the Kings' official website, stated on April 27 that the team will don purple-and-gold throwback uniforms for at least one game, and as many as four, next season. Specifics about the actual design of the jersey were not discussed.

Montreal Canadiens
New specialty jersey On August 4, the NHL announced that the Montreal Canadiens would face the Calgary Flames at McMahon Stadium for the 2011 Heritage Classic on February 20.

At the press conference, the Canadiens unveiled the white sweater they will wear for the game. It's the same jersey "worn for home games between 1974-75 and 1995-96," according to the club's website.

It differs from their current road jersey only in the number and nameplate stylings. A traditional block text will be used and white inner-stroke on the numbers is removed. The striping is unchanged.

Nashville Predators
New home & road; no alternate jersey The indication from Reebok is that the Predators will turn the alternate jersey they launched this season into their new home sweater. The road sweater is listed as TBD but a safe assumption is that it will be a light version of the new dark jersey.

New Jersey Devils
Specialty jersey returns Last season, the Devils wore a red-and-green retro sweater for one game only on St. Patrick's Day. Originally believed to be a one-time occasion, new information suggests the Devils may have plans to make it a yearly tradition.

New York Islanders
New Home & road jerseys. On June 25, the Islanders unveiled their new road jersey to fans at a draft day party. It is a white version of the current blue third jersey. The new sweater was also given to draftees at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

There is no official word from the team yet, but Isles blogger Chris Botta also said last year that the current retro thirds would become the new home sweater for 2010-11.

New York Rangers
New alternate jersey Reebok verifies the news we've all been dying to hear. The Rangers will wear an alternate jersey next season. But will it be the Lady Liberty logo make her glorious return?

Reebok doesn't specify, however, Rangers blogger Greg Caggiano recently claimed to have the inside track on the new thirds. He says he's been told they'll be nearly identical to the current home jersey with NEW YORK replacing RANGERS across the front.

Pittsburgh Penguins
New specialty jersey In March, Reebok noted that the Penguins would ditch their powder blue thirds in favor of a new alternate uniform for 2010-11. The manufacturer did not release any details of the design.

On July 27, the NHL announced that the Pens will host the 2011 Winter Classic, making it more likely that the powder blues will stick around as an alternate uniform for one more season. This will allow them to introduce a new sweater for the outdoor game which could later replace the current thirds.

Toronto Maple LeafsNew home & road jerseys On June 14, the Maple Leafs unveiled their revamped home and road sweaters.

The changes, first reported by Howard Berger, included the addition of two stripes around the base of the jerseys and the veined leaf shoulder patches. Also, the jerseys now feature tie-up collars.

Vancouver Canucks
Canucks unveil throwback sweaterNew specialty jersey On July 7, the Canucks unveiled a throwback sweater, based on their original uniform from 1970.

The white retro jersey features the vintage stick-in-rink logo on the front and classic block numbers on the back and sleeves. The sweaters shown in promotional photos do not feature nameplates but the the Canucks would need special permission from the NHL to omit them during games.

Washington Capitals
New specialty jersey On July 28, the NHL held a press conference announcing that the Washington Capitals will participate in the 2011 Winter Classic at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh. The Caps displayed a retro logo that will be used for the outdoor game.

The club has also said it will unveil a special jersey for the outdoor game on October 2 at the Capitals Convention. Typically, teams look their past for design inspiration but no details have been made available as to what the Caps are planning.

"Let's just trap Sekera in the caverns underneath HSBC arena." -BlueandYellow

Reporter: "Steve, you guys now lead the league in defensive scoring."
Montador: "It's probably because of how good-looking we are."

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 am 
Star Sniper

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:18 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

If the new Ducks sweater is indeed gloriously orange, I'm getting a Tonza jersey.

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:27 am 
Star Sniper

I just hope it has the "D" foot logo, instead of the boring script logo, llike their home & away jerseys...

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:34 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

So our new alternates will be for this season only??
Do the Sabres really need another random / rare jersey kicking around? sheesh.

Rud
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:36 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Seems like every team is putting out a new jersey every two or three seasons since the lockout

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:39 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Yea, I've noticed the same. The Sabres seem to get knocked for it, but it seems every team has jumped on the cyclical jersey release bandwagon.

Rutledge222
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:58 pm 
Power Forward

Well you gotta keep those jerseys updated and stylish ;) wouldn't want the younger generation to stop buying them right?! lol

BS1970
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:47 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I really like the Flames' Heritage Classic jersey. It does remind me of a rugby sweater though.

Image Image
We truly are not worthy of Miller!

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:51 pm 
Star Sniper

I'm surely the minority here, but I actually liked the Islanders edge jerseys. I think it's a shame they're going "retro"...

Gasoline
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:06 pm 
7th Defenseman

Calgary is going to look like the Gryffindor Quidditch team out there.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:36 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Seanothan27 wrote:
I'm surely the minority here, but I actually liked the Islanders edge jerseys. I think it's a shame they're going "retro"...

the islanders have never had a bad jersey. hell, even their 96-97 jersey was sweet.

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:19 pm 
Star Sniper

http://shop.canada.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4333990&cp=3176439&clickid=body_bestsell_txt

Nashville's "New" logo on practice jersey

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:46 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I'm loving the new practice jerseys

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:47 pm 
Star Sniper

Yep, those are both "buys" this year...

Rutledge222
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:05 pm 
Power Forward

mechaphil wrote:
I'm loving the new practice jerseys

you know as im looking at them, it almost looks like from the picture that the main crest is just an iron on or already printed into the jersey itself... wierd... im sure that isnt the case though...

Seanothan27
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:29 pm 
Star Sniper

New Leafs home unis in action. They look sharp. Very, very sharp

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:04 pm 
Cup Winner

Too bad changing the team's sweaters won't help the Leas win anymore games. :P

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:54 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Not sure if anyone else has seen these yet, this one is a "Knock off" but I've come across quite a few pics on the web indicating this is what the pens will wear at the WC.

Attachments:
20101024220519.jpg
20101024220519.jpg [ 75.98 KiB | Viewed 5711 times ]

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:16 pm 
MegaDouche

I just wish the NHL would stop sucking Crosby's wang.. Two winter classics for the pens this close together is wrong IMO.