It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:56 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Anyone interested can check this out. Myself, I'm kinda miffed they don't have McCormick's up for grabs this season. But cool that the home (which were used as roads for the HHoF game) come with the patch.

Might have to look into picking up one of these...

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id= ... L|BUF|home

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:35 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Little tidbit of info on this 2nd set which the team just switched to as of late...

Quote:
As for the jersey mixup, Niedermayer has played for three straight games with his name spelled "Neidermayer" on his back. The Sabres got a new set for the second half and the mistake wasn't caught until Saturday. It will be fixed for tonight.

"I didn't even notice to be honest with you," a surprised Niedermayer said when told about the gaffe Monday. "I'll have to remedy that."

Man, to be in a funk AND have your name misspelled on your own jersey really blows. :lol:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabre ... 315269.ece

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:42 pm 
Captain Dynasty

good luck, youll have to drop some serious coin for em. when i worked for the k-wings, a UHL franchise at the time, a cheap jersey auctioned off went for about 800 bucks. expensive ones went for 2500 or more. for an NHL game used jersey, that number will likely be astronomical.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:48 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Oh jesus, totally right man. I think Miller's is hovering around the $850-$900 range. When I had bought my game issued Peters/slug, I paid $150 for it. Wasn't game worn, but still, it came from the Sabres locker room so I thought it was bad ass.

I think when they had the playoff set from last year up for grabs in the fall, some of them closed in around $300-$350 or so. Which, if you go to NHL.com and order an on-ice jersey, you're paying around the same price for and it is of the edge 1.0 system. Not the 2.0 with the air-knit material. Plus, they’re not game worn. I’d love to get my hands on a McCormick, but anyone of them really, as long as it came off the players back and I could afford it, would be a nice addition to my collection.

Game worn related, Crosby's WC jersey last I seen was over $10,000

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 pm 
Captain Dynasty

AudSabres wrote:
Oh jesus, totally right man. I think Miller's is hovering around the $850-$900 range. When I had bought my game issued Peters/slug, I paid $150 for it. Wasn't game worn, but still, it came from the Sabres locker room so I thought it was bad ass.

I think when they had the playoff set from last year up for grabs in the fall, some of them closed in around $300-$350 or so. Which, if you go to NHL.com and order an on-ice jersey, you're paying around the same price for and it is of the edge 1.0 system. Not the 2.0 with the air-knit material. Plus, they’re not game worn. I’d love to get my hands on a McCormick, but anyone of them really, as long as it came off the players back and I could afford it, would be a nice addition to my collection.

Game worn related, Crosby's WC jersey last I seen was over $10,000

that cheap? why on earth would UHL jerseys be more?

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:05 pm 
Superstar Goalie

That, I honestly have no idea man. There is still about a week left on the bidding so who knows where they'll end at. But I did find it weird considering Vanek's game worn from the last auction they had went for around $500. I'll have to check but I’m pretty sure it was around there. Outside of him, Miller and Myers though, most people likely don't see the team as having any real stars so it'll likely just be Sabres fans looking for them..

as for the Peters I had purchased, that was in the 2nd half of the season last year and Petey was in the swamp as a Devil. Also, they were getting rid of as much slug stock as they could to make room for the new threads. Got that bit of info from the marketing dude for the Sabres.