It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

AudSabres
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:48 am 
Superstar Goalie

Pics taken at the Sabres store in the FNC :lol:

http://www.icethetics.info/

Quote:
Finally, I have photos of unreleased jerseys that I'm able to share with you. A reader wrote in today to tell us that the Buffalo Sabres' team store at the First Niagara Center (formerly HSBC Arena) is already selling Premier version of the Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs forthcoming jerseys.

Thoughts?

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:01 am 
Sober enough to run a server

the Sens sweater is hideous but I'm ok with that.

Why are there opposing teams jerseys in the Sabres store?

sabresrocker56
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:21 am 
Garbage Man

Crosscheck wrote:
the Sens sweater is hideous but I'm ok with that.

Why are there opposing teams jerseys in the Sabres store?

Probably so the Canadian visitors have more incentive to spend $. I've noticed that too, but they stuff them all the way in the back.

Gerbacity

NYIntensity wrote:
Sabres2Sabres wrote:
If Miller and Myers were playing like they did last year, we'd probably be over 500 right now.

If I had decided to jerk off instead, I probably wouldn't be paying child support...

"Grier coming in over the line. He leaves it to Gaustad. The shot. THEY SCOOOREE!! RING UP ANOTHER ONE FOR THE GOOSE!!! HONK IF YA HEAR THE GOOSE!! 3-0 BUFFALO!"

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:30 am 
Sober enough to run a server

sabresrocker56 wrote:
Probably so the Canadian visitors have more incentive to spend $. I've noticed that too, but they stuff them all the way in the back.

I get that but it's still blasphemous in my book.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i remember when they used to sell game used equipment in the back. in 06, they had mikas old pads for 500 bucks!

i like both jerseys.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I can understand having a very small section of opposing jerseys in your team's official store, but by the looks of things, this is a WAY larger rack/selection than when we were in Buffalo last. I think it was down back by the Bandits/Pirates gear?

My take on these, Toronto really hasn't moved much from their current uniform set so they're pretty meh to me. Ottawa's remind me of the *defunct as of this summer* Blackhawks 3rds. I can admit these are an upgrade from the, "Sens" uniforms but they still make me want to shit all over the logo and wipe my ass with the sleeve.

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:48 pm 
Captain Clutch

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i remember when they used to sell game used equipment in the back. in 06, they had mikas old pads for 500 bucks!

i like both jerseys.

I was that the Sabres Store this summer and they still sell used equipment. Coulda got a slug equip bag for like $80. Beat to shit and smelled just about the same.. :lol:

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:50 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Isn't the Sabres Store one of the biggest in-arena stores in the NHL?

Hockey Night in Buffalo

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:20 pm 
Captain Dynasty

sabresindc wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

i like both jerseys.

I was that the Sabres Store this summer and they still sell used equipment. Coulda got a slug equip bag for like $80. Beat to shit and smelled just about the same.. :lol:

I also believe the store sells jerseys of every opposing team.

Montalo
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:05 pm 
PP Quarterback

AudSabres wrote:
I can understand having a very small section of opposing jerseys in your team's official store, but by the looks of things, this is a WAY larger rack/selection than when we were in Buffalo last. I think it was down back by the Bandits/Pirates gear?

My take on these, Toronto really hasn't moved much from their current uniform set so they're pretty meh to me. Ottawa's remind me of the *defunct as of this summer* Blackhawks 3rds. I can admit these are an upgrade from the, "Sens" uniforms but they still make me want to shit all over the logo and wipe my ass with the sleeve.

i think the sens jerseys are throwbacks to the defunct Ottawa Senators from the 1910s, who had black and red barberstripes

AudSabres
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:32 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Montalo wrote:
AudSabres wrote:

i think the sens jerseys are throwbacks to the defunct Ottawa Senators from the 1910s, who had black and red barberstripes

Yeah, these are a little more simple compared to that version of the Sens, I'm pretty sure what the 67's wore/wear is a close match, if not spot on:

Still, since it is Ottawa related, it's best use is that in the washroom stalls of Scotia Bank Corel Palladium Centre Place.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:38 pm 
Superstar Goalie

:lol:

Leave it to the Sabres to ruin things for the Sens...

Quote:
Sabres inadvertently scoop Senators on new jersey
September 18, 2011 - 3:00 PM | Comment
The Ottawa Senators have been working hard on a third jersey, designing one to reflect their heritage. They have a big unveiling set for Oct. 1, and they've been building interest in the event.

Then the Sabres Store put the jersey on its rack.

The Senators sent out a release today confirming that their new jersey was prematurely released in Buffalo. Photos had shown up on the Internet, and the Sens said the jersey was mistakenly sent by Reebok to the retailer prior to its official release.

“While we are very disappointed to have our new jersey revealed in this manner, we are pleased to see the early comments from fans are extremely positive,” said Jeff Kyle, Senators vice president of marketing. “We believe that this jersey will be a top seller in the National Hockey League this season, especially as fans learn the story behind how it was designed.

“We have spent over two years developing this uniform and one of the most interesting aspects is that we did it in conjunction with a Senators fan. We look forward to telling the story of how a fan helped us develop a uniform that incorporates elements of the early Senators teams into what we feel will become a truly iconic symbol of Senators hockey."

I bet that RBK rep feels like an arsehole now. Unless he hates the Sens, then he's sporting a shit eating grin.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/201 ... ersey.html

fan4life61
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:08 pm 
PP Quarterback

fly as hale wrote:
Isn't the Sabres Store one of the biggest in-arena stores in the NHL?

not one of, but THE biggest

"on the ice now for buffalo, looking for the pass, and gets it, afinogenov, couldnt get the shot away, now HE DOES, HE SCORES!!!! HOLY MACKEREL ROLE THE HIGH LIGHT FILM, MAXIM AFINOGENOV, WHAT A MOVE!!!!.... thats not fair... that was unbelievable"
-R.J. and Lorenz