It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:07 pm 
Page Side

End The Curse wrote:
They'll get AHL hockey, Lacrosse, soccer, Arena Football, etc. There will be plenty of tenants.

I have a hard time believing that any of the proposed leasers above could afford the payments when a major professional sports franchise has failed to.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:09 pm 
Captain Dynasty

well, the lease agreements will change based on what level the said sports are at. its not like an identical lease will be created for all proposed tennets. and they wont want that arena to sit empty, so theres plenty of wiggle room.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:17 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
I have a hard time believing that any of the proposed leasers above could afford the payments when a major professional sports franchise has failed to.

They could if Glendale would try to come up with leases that don't try and gouge their tenants.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:18 pm 
Page Side

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
well, the lease agreements will change based on what level the said sports are at. its not like an identical lease will be created for all proposed tennets. and they wont want that arena to sit empty, so theres plenty of wiggle room.

Very true, but there can't be that much relief available.

And if there was, why would they be so unwilling to renegotiate with the Coyotes?

And Squanto, that's exactly my point.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:22 pm 
Star Sniper

I suspect they'd have several tenants replace the Coyotes. Winnipeg is doing very well with their new arena hosting concerts, conventions and AHL hockey.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:49 pm 
Page Side

Well, even if it is plausible to run that arena without a major sports franchise, that's straying away from the argument.

The point is, if Glendale can keep the Coyotes at the arena and not have to start over again, wouldn't that be more convenient?

End The Curse
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:52 pm 
Star Sniper

No, I do believe if the judge rejects the bids and orders the team liquidated there will be no more Coyotes. Could be wrong, but that's how I'm understanding it.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:16 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
The point is, if Glendale can keep the Coyotes at the arena and not have to start over again, wouldn't that be more convenient?

If Glendale would be willing to renegotiate it's lease with the Yotes,they would have a change at being financially viable. However, Glendale has seemed to be unwilling to budge much on the lease terms, since they put together such a terrible financial deal to build the thing in the first place.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:22 pm 
Captain Dynasty

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Well, even if it is plausible to run that arena without a major sports franchise, that's straying away from the argument.

as squanto said, yes, if they would re-negotiate the lease. it appears they are unwilling to do so. whether its next year, or 5 years down the line, the yotes are an airplane without fuel. it could go down sharply, or it could glide a while, but still lose altitude. either way, its gonna crash.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:24 pm 
Page Side

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:

as squanto said, yes, if they would re-negotiate the lease. it appears they are unwilling to do so. whether its next year, or 5 years down the line, the yotes are an airplane without fuel. it could go down sharply, or it could glide a while, but still lose altitude. either way, its gonna crash.

Well bring in a new pilot who can land the damn thing and swap out some of these hairless flight attendants and get that mother fucker flying again. :angelic-whiteflying:

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:40 am 
Star Sniper

Reminder: Trial resumes again at 11:30am EDT.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:43 am 
Oh yeah...and Bettman is scheduled to take the stand right?

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:07 am 
Star Sniper

Displaced Fan wrote:
Oh yeah...and Bettman is scheduled to take the stand right?

Correctamundo

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:08 am 
That judge seems to be on to the NHL's bullshit. They are supposed to have the details of their offer too so that should be interesting to see what the judge thinks. I'll get the popcorn ETC.

icehound
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:12 am 
Star Sniper

...A further development: Apparently, in a move of "one-up-manship" or for some "strategic" reason, the league has decided that they do not want to question James Balsillie, for any reason.

They do not want him to take the stand. So, the only people to be further deposed (by Balsillie's legal team) will be Gary Bettman and Bill Daly.

Should make for an interesting day, provided they are asked all the "right" questions - Questions that may force them to expose a great deal of the league's motivations and standards, driving the current league position.

I trust Balsillie's lawyers will show no mercy, with regards to the intimacy of the line of questioning. Unless Gary Bettman has some ready answers, he may find himself in a world of trouble, by day's-end.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am 
Page Side

Will there still be a live blog?

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:14 am 
icehound wrote:
I trust Balsillie's lawyers will show no mercy, with regards to the intimacy of the line of questioning. Unless Gary Bettman has some ready answers, he may find himself in a world of trouble, by day's-end.

Just a thought.....if he thought the booing was bad before I wonder what it will be like after this. When is the next time he's supposed to be at an event with a lot of fans? Any opening games?

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:15 am 
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
Will there still be a live blog?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/c ... le1281972/

Starts in 15 minutes

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:24 am 
Star Sniper

I have to confess to being baffled by the NHL's decision to not cross-examine Balsillie. This is a free shot at grilling the man they consider to be the devil, yet they're passing it up while their man Bettman gets his ass torn apart by Team Balsillie? I just don't understand the strategy...it seems to only weaken their case. Bettman himself was very tight lipped and evasive about this decision.

Very bizarre.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:28 am 
I suspect that Balsillie may know stuff that they don't want to be aired in court. Just a thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next