It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:31 am 
Star Sniper

Live updates also available here: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=290673

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:26 pm 
the updates on the trial are slow as hell.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:38 pm 
Star Sniper

Yea, and Globe & Mail never got started. TSN seems to only update every 20 minutes...never mind, I found it here... http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/l ... le1283822/

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Last edited by End The Curse on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:01 pm 
Star Sniper

Hey, check out the 1:37pm question at Globe and Mail. I think you'll recognize the name!

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:04 pm 
Page Side

I don't see a question at 1:37?!

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:07 pm 
Star Sniper

Look again...in blue.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:13 pm 
Page Side

Check out this attachment. It's my screen shot. There's no posting at all at 1:37 for some reason.

If you look at the bottom though, you can see my question about what a No sale decision would mean for the Coyotes.

Weird though.

EDIT: okay it won't let me add the attachment.

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:28 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

End The Curse wrote:
Hey, check out the 1:37pm question at Globe and Mail. I think you'll recognize the name!

1:37 [Comment From ETC ]
I understand the financial harm that would come to creditors if the league prevails, but how exactly is the league harmed financially if Balsillie prevails? Furthermore, if Balsillie prevails, will he be allowed to bend Bettman over a table and give him a proctological examination?

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:37 pm 
Page Side

Squanto wrote:
End The Curse wrote:

1:37 [Comment From ETC ]
I understand the financial harm that would come to creditors if the league prevails, but how exactly is the league harmed financially if Balsillie prevails? Furthermore, if Balsillie prevails, will he be allowed to bend Bettman over a table and give him a proctological examination?

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

That's TOO funny.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:00 pm 
Star Sniper

Squanto: :clap: :lol:

So, the one major piece of valuable dirt that came out of the Bettman interrogation was when the lawyer for Balsillie got Bettman to admit that if the league is awarded the Coyotes, flips them, and collects a $195 million relocation fee to relocate them, none of that money will be provided to the creditors. I think that's a huge hit for their bid's chances of success.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:20 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

That is a huge hit. But I'm incredibly curious about Baum's mentioning a third, surprise bid.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:33 pm 
Star Sniper

Balsillie slightly sweetened the pot for Glendale. Looks liek the NHL is doing a minor tweak as well.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:33 pm 
Star Sniper

Well, the arguments are over, the deal tweaking done, and in the end everything remains exactly as it was when this whole mess started. The NHL says that they have decided Balsillie can't have a team and because of that this whole ordeal is a sham. Balsillie says that the NHL cannot override bankruptcy laws of awarding the biggest and best deal because they don't like the opposing bidder, so this is an open and shut case to his advantage.

I really have no idea how this will turn out, of course, and no matter how it ends the war will continue in the appellate courts for a long time to come. I think this is the one area that the NHL has a slight edge, and may make the difference as to how this is ruled at the end of the day.

Forget the crap about the "right to decide who owns the team" or the "right to decide if a team can be relocated"; that's all bullshit in bankruptcy court. The NHL's most persuasive argument is its eternal litigation threat, which I believe will cause the judge to rule in favor of Bettman out of fear that the Balsillie deal will not be able to close in a reasonable time frame for the creditors. The free and clear bad deal is better than the good one that never gets out of the courts.

I can't wait to see the ruling, because it will be one for the history books!

Wozniak
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:56 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

i really have to say that im hoping the NHL wins this one and that kind of makes me sad that im rooting for them. I see Balsallies case against them and even though its legitimate it still seems like hes trying to force the square block through the round hole. the kicker being that hes brought a hammer to do so. in the end, he still looks retarded.

As far as the NHL goes, i think they should have the right to govern themselves and that Moyes really had no right to go to court to begin with. let me rephrase, he should have gone to the league about selling/moving the team before going to court.

its clear to everyon that the NHL doesnt want Balsallie in the league. why doesnt he take the hint, go get another team in another league, have them do well to build a track record then to back to the NHL and play by the rules.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.