PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:41 am 
PP Quarterback

Montalo wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Montalo wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
Montalo wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
Yes, I am so glad the NHLPA is going to cause a lockout, too.

the NHLPA cant cause a lockout.

A lockout happens through league management, and only happens if the league wants it. A strike however, is what the NHLPA CAN do and cause, but they wont

ok, either way. the odds of their not being some sort of work stoppage is minimal right now.

you know, i think this might help PREVENT a work stoppage.

think about it. the NHLPA rejects this switch now, but it isnt really a sticking point for them. THis gives the NHLPA a concession to use during the new CBA talks. The NHL will win with the new realignment, and the NHLPA will win with something else that they want

You're exactly right, but exactly how much time will it take the NHL to figure out what they want to give back. Either way, this is still the NHLPA's fault, whether they can "impose a lockout" or not, they'd still be the damn cause of it.

it also could have been because the realignment was awful, as saw by the union

the NHLPA exists to promote the best interests of the players and, if the realignment was not, then they did their duty in rejecting it.

Any work schedules should be done with the consent of both parties, with them working together to make the best senario for both sides involved, and not one side shoving an unfavourable schedule dow the throats of the other party.

I suspect that teams like Buffalo, toronto, montréal and boston had a decent amount of say in this, in order to avoid the long travel trips that having TB and Florida in the same conference entails

THe reverse is also true, and more damaging. If you played for a team such as tampa, would you really want to increase your travel distance, and play four northern teams?

Sorry, I didn't even look at this before posting that picture. Sorry. Didn't mean to offend, because I can see how it did. My bad.

Anyways, I can see where you're going with this. I have a feeling that NHL is adamant about wanting to go to this sort of system. The only way I see it working is if the NHL has plans of expanding in the near future, which I don't see happening. My friend was telling me that he doesn't think the talent pool is big enough, but I think it could be.

@TJLuckman550

Montalo
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:00 pm 
PP Quarterback

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

Sorry, I didn't even look at this before posting that picture. Sorry. Didn't mean to offend, because I can see how it did. My bad.

Anyways, I can see where you're going with this. I have a feeling that NHL is adamant about wanting to go to this sort of system. The only way I see it working is if the NHL has plans of expanding in the near future, which I don't see happening. My friend was telling me that he doesn't think the talent pool is big enough, but I think it could be.

I think a lot of it has to do with the issue of Phoenix. If Phoenix moves East, say to Québec City, then i think the NHL wont be AS comitted to this system, but i think you are right. THE LNH, as it stands now, is most likely dedicated to this system. Also, as much as I hate to say it, IF the LNH expands, then i think it would be smart to copy the NFL. two confrences, four divisons in each with four teams.

ANd about before, i apologize for flipping, and a lot of that post, while principally aimed at you, was mostly my frustrations about fora and internet things in general.

patkane88
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:14 pm 
Captain Clutch

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
patkane88 wrote:
Here is the link to the story.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384427

I am so glad the NHLPA said no to this :clap:

Yes, I am so glad the NHLPA is going to cause a lockout, too.

Cause a lockout?? That was by far the stupidest idea for realignment possible. I think it might prevent one by them saying no

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13