It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:15 pm 
Captain Clutch

Boston continues to get dirtier by the game.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/puck-daddy/while-facing-suspension-brad-marchand-makes-self-defense-221829397.html

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:34 pm 
PP Quarterback

i don't see why that's dirty. he didn't try to take the knees out. he got under the hips.

daz28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:56 pm 
Star Sniper

PatGreen wrote:
i don't see why that's dirty. he didn't try to take the knees out. he got under the hips.

The little douchebag didn't play the puck. He just went for the cheap submarine hit instead. Worst part(and prob why he got 5)is because he feigned playing the puck first. The guy is a good little player, but a world class asshole. I can assure you he will get his someday. You don't fuck with fate like he does w/o paying up; or at least that's how the old NHL worked.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:41 am 
Franchise Defenseman

he saw salo coming and ducked. i dont see what the big deal is. from the replay it looked like he was going to play the puck and did in fact beat salo there. salo came in, marchand saw him and ducked.

a little dirty, sure but i dont see how this any more illegal lucics hit on miller.

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:45 am 
PP Quarterback

I think it's dirty. Marchand is a tiny piece of shit. He saw him coming and ducked into his knee area. That's a move that will likely injure your opponent -> dirty.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:33 am 
Captain Clutch

If you watch the whole thing, they hit in the same exact way a few seconds before. It was a massive devistating hit but a normal hit along the boards. Salo was coming in a fairly low speed also. It wasn't like he was going to try and put Marchand through the boards. Marchand went into it purposely and when you go that low you should expect the player to fall ackwardly and possibly causing an injury.

Woz, it is as dirty of a play as the Lucic hit IMO. Shanahan just dropped the ball on that one.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 am 
PP Quarterback

i wouldn't have suspended him. marchand hit above the knee area. it shouldn't be a penalty to avoid checks. you guys are a bunch of whiners.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:26 am 
Captain Clutch

PatGreen wrote:
i wouldn't have suspended him. marchand hit above the knee area. it shouldn't be a penalty to avoid checks. you guys are a bunch of whiners.

I personally think it was at the knees, not above but that is somewhat subjective either way.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:46 am 
Superstar Goalie

PatGreen wrote:

It's clipping, and its been illegal for a long time....getting low is fine, getting so low you take a guys legs out is not.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:35 am 
Captain Clutch

Here is the video from Shanahan with his explination explanation. Boy did I spell that wrong.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=610834

Last edited by sabresindc on Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:11 pm 
PP Quarterback

NYIntensity wrote:
It's clipping, and its been illegal for a long time....getting low is fine, getting so low you take a guys legs out is not.

clipping is at/below the knees, not the thighs

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:18 pm 
Hart Winner

When you go to avoid a check you don't get down in the turtle position and hip check/clip the guy. That's a dirty play.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:24 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
When you go to avoid a check you don't get down in the turtle position and hip check/clip the guy. That's a dirty play.

you can't hip check a guy that is checking you? bullshit. that's not dirty at all. i can already tell you've spent your life watching sports on tv or the computer.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:32 pm 
Hart Winner

PatGreen wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

you can't hip check a guy that is checking you? bullshit. that's not dirty at all. i can already tell you've spent your life watching sports on tv or the computer.

So someone is coming at the puck that's right near you. Instead of playing said puck you stop, go down, and hip check/clip/call it whatever the fuck you want, and concuss the guy. That's not dirty to you?

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:37 pm 
Hart Winner

And obviously, if Shanahan who didn't even suspend Lucic handed him five games, it's against the rules to do that. Seems like SOMEONE never played hockey, eh?

PatGreen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:39 pm 
PP Quarterback

marchand was standing over the puck.

aren't you the guy screaming that shanahan's a joke for not suspending people all the time? sounds like you're playing both sides there. marchand didn't hit salo high. the guy who is going to check someone isn't playing the puck, he's playing the body. why can't both do that over the puck?

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:39 pm 
PP Quarterback

PatGreen wrote:
marchand was standing over the puck.

Dude, watch the video. Marchand isn't standing over the puck. He is skating there and ducks at the last moment to the knee area. That's clipping, plain and simple.
A few seconds earlier the same play happened and Salo and Marchand made a shoulder-shoulder check (a really weak one). That's the normal reaction. They exchanged a few pushes and a few seconds later Marchand DECIDED to clip him. From the rear angle you can see that Marchand sees him and chooses to put his head down to his knee, that's not how you defend yourself, that's how you send a guy flying.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:18 pm 
PP Quarterback

if someone comes to hit me, in any sport, and i can't outrun them, i get my hips lower than theirs because that's how you stay in a play.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:52 pm 
Star Sniper

These small players do what they have to do to stay in the game. Was it dirty? I think it was more reckless than dirty. Also; Salo is hardly a threat to break you in half - he's a fairly sporting fellow.

I'd have to look at it again to decide what, if anything, it merited suspension wise.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

patkane88
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:30 pm 
Captain Clutch

I really don't get this suspension. Yeah he clipped him but I have seen this kind of hit happen so many times and nothing was called, so why was this one?? The NHL needs to be more consistent.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13