It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:19 pm 
Hart Winner

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... hl-wp21671

Seriously, Philadelphia? Cheap shotting and JUMPING a fucking veteran after spraying him in the face with cleaning supplies? Fucking barbaric. They deserve death.

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:38 pm 
Star Sniper

The blogger who says, "get them thrown in jail" is sadly mistaken. He meant to say "put on probation". I was beaten with a pool cue(14 stitches on my forehead) by a person who had weeks before threatened someone with a baseball bat. He got probation, which he rarely ever reported too. The only good thing that came out of it was the Crime Victims Board paid my medical bills. The hospital kept sending me bills, and threatening me, and luckily, I found them, and they helped me out.

Glad they got that pot dealer locked up though.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:40 pm 
Hart Winner

:?:

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:00 pm 
Superstar Goalie

BlueandYellow wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Police-Flyers-fans-hunt-attackers-of-NY-fan-waB?urn=nhl-wp21671

Seriously, Philadelphia? Cheap shotting and JUMPING a fucking veteran after spraying him in the face with cleaning supplies? Fucking barbaric. They deserve death.

Unless I'm mistaken, he wasn't wearing his dress blues OR his police officer uniform...the fact that he is a veteran is secondary to the point, IMO.

(I'm a vet, and I approve this message).

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:05 pm 
Star Sniper

BlueandYellow wrote:
:?:

If this is because you're wondering why I posted what I posted, it's to show how the huge public outcry is worthless. Basically this is nothing more than a headline.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:06 pm 
Hart Winner

NYIntensity wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Police-Flyers-fans-hunt-attackers-of-NY-fan-waB?urn=nhl-wp21671

Unless I'm mistaken, he wasn't wearing his dress blues OR his police officer uniform...the fact that he is a veteran is secondary to the point, IMO.

I'm aware of that. But I'd just assume since he's a vet he wasn't a straight asshole or started anything.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:12 pm 
Superstar Goalie

BlueandYellow wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

I'm aware of that. But I'd just assume since he's a vet he wasn't a straight asshole or started anything.

You haven't hung around enough vets ;)

In all seriousness though, he probably was just minding his own business, or maybe engaging in some shit-talking, but that's where its supposed to stop.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:17 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

An Iraq vet in Washington last weekend was involved in a latenight shooting outside Seattle, then fled to Ranier National Park where he shot a ranger dead at a road checkpoint. He's dead now, but I woulda been OK with him getting a beating from Philly fans, to cite a more specific example.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:19 pm 
Hart Winner

Well from the story they paid a hobo to spray him with cleaning spray then they attacked him. Plus, they're Philadelphia fans.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:43 pm 
MegaDouche

It was NYR fan after the WC that Philly fans beat down after losing the game. The knowledge of him being a vet came after the fact and just used to get traffic to their sites.

It was Philly fans being assholes, like they normally are..

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:08 pm 
Star Sniper

I think we're overlooking the most important part. He was a cop, and that's the only reason he will get any justice. If it happened to joe schmo Ranger fan, there would be none.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:33 pm 
Star Sniper

There's something being dumped in the water in Philly no doubt... :roll:

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 pm 
Captain Clutch

daz28 wrote:
I think we're overlooking the most important part. He was a cop, and that's the only reason he will get any justice. If it happened to joe schmo Ranger fan, there would be none.

I feel for what happened to you but your not alone. The justice system screws victims more so than offenders but it's the best we got. I disagree that he will see "better" justice because he's a cop. He was off-duty so it doesn't matter and he would definitely get more sympathy because of his service to his county than his service to his community.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:19 pm 
PP Quarterback

NYIntensity wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

You haven't hung around enough vets ;)

In all seriousness though, he probably was just minding his own business, or maybe engaging in some shit-talking, but that's where its supposed to stop.

I agree with both of your posts. The fact that he is a vet and a police officer did not come out until after the fact. The media was just trying to grab viewers. I don't think it's okay for this to happen to anyone, regardless of who are they are. It's barbaric either way.

While I have respect for those who served, that doesn't mean there are not some who are "straight asshole[s]." From the looks of the video, it looks like the guy wearing the Giroux jersey was the instigator, but I don't really know.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:27 pm 
Superstar Goalie

NYIntensity wrote:
BlueandYellow wrote:

:lol:

daz28
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:11 am 
Star Sniper

backthatSASSup wrote:
From the looks of the video, it looks like the guy wearing the Giroux jersey was the instigator, but I don't really know.

Whole new ball of wax. Suppose they hunt these guys down. How do they prove they instigated it. It does appear that Callahan pushes at Giroux. No probation for anyone. Makes the headlines even funnier. lol

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:55 pm 
PP Quarterback

daz28 wrote:
backthatSASSup wrote:
From the looks of the video, it looks like the guy wearing the Giroux jersey was the instigator, but I don't really know.

Whole new ball of wax. Suppose they hunt these guys down. How do they prove they instigated it. It does appear that Callahan pushes at Giroux. No probation for anyone. Makes the headlines even funnier. lol

We don't know if there is more to the footage, but I think the guy would have a tough time defending himself when he threw the first punch.

union jack
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:15 am 
Late-Round Gem

Okay...so there was a bar-fight...who cares?
Only reason this got coverage was because the dude was an ex-Marine and an off-duty police officer.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:46 am 
PP Quarterback

yhoshi's right, and so is NYI. it doesn't matter who he is, he got beat up at a sports game. it happens all the time, unfortunately.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:41 pm 
Star Sniper

Well I care.

I love sports; but it should be about enjoying a time out from "the real world", and it should serve as a pleasant diversion.

When British "Hooligans" were beating and stabbing people at European Football matches a few years ago, it concerned me - despite the fact I knew none of the victims there either.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.