It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Howie Hodge
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:05 pm 
Star Sniper

Just to follow up on VF's post:

Defenceman Kyle Quincey was traded twice in the matter of minutes on Tuesday.

In the first deal, the Tampa Bay Lightning dealt forward Steve Downie to the Colorado Avalanche for Quincey.

The Lightning then dealt Quincey to the Detroit Red Wings for a first round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft and minor-league defenceman Sebastien Piche.

The 24-year-old Downie has 12 goals and 16 assists in 55 games this season.

Quincey, who missed the final 53 games of the 2010-11 season with a shoulder injury, has rebounded well, recording five goals and 18 assists in 54 games.
The 26-year-old led all Avalanche players in ice time, averaging over 22 minutes per-game and was originally drafted by the Red Wings in 2003.

Both Downie and Quincey will be restricted free agents on July 1.

Tampa Bay has been the busiest team leading up to the trade deadline, having already dealt forward Dominic Moore to the Sharks, and defenceman Pavel Kubina to the Flyers.

The Quincey deal increases Tampa's stockpile of picks, as they now have two first round choices and three second rounders in 2012. They will also get the Florida Panthers 2012 or 2013 second round pick as part of the Kubina trade. The Panthers have the option to pick which year to give up the pick.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:07 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

wow, tampa cleaning up and stock piling....

E X C E L L E N C E

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:46 pm 
PP Quarterback

If Tampa drafts well, they're going to be scary for years to come. Stevie Y is making his presence known as an executive.

@TJLuckman550

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:14 am 
Cup Winner

They've won their past three in a row too.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:56 am 
Superstar Goalie

A lot of people here in Norfolk are on edge. The Norfolk Admirals are Tampa's crop team and fans are excited but still upset. They don't like the prospect of seeing long time players like forward Matt Fornataro being shipped out but then again they are excited to see new blood. I find it funny how little these fans know of Tampa Bay or how they fail to see the purpose of a farm team. My neighbor said "Fornataro has been with the team forever! Why would they trade him? He hasn't even gotten a chance to play in the NHL!" To which I told him that sometimes there is a reason why people don't get to play in the NHL. They really don't understand that the whole reason the Admirals exist right now is to train players for Tampa. Some of them even hate Tampa Bay.....which I find hilarious. Either way, with these draft picks I'm liking the future of Admiral's game next season. Should be great.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:18 pm 
Captain Clutch

Howie Hodge wrote:
Just to follow up on VF's post:

Defenceman Kyle Quincey was traded twice in the matter of minutes on Tuesday.

In the first deal, the Tampa Bay Lightning dealt forward Steve Downie to the Colorado Avalanche for Quincey.

The Lightning then dealt Quincey to the Detroit Red Wings for a first round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft and minor-league defenceman Sebastien Piche.

The 24-year-old Downie has 12 goals and 16 assists in 55 games this season.

Quincey, who missed the final 53 games of the 2010-11 season with a shoulder injury, has rebounded well, recording five goals and 18 assists in 54 games.
The 26-year-old led all Avalanche players in ice time, averaging over 22 minutes per-game and was originally drafted by the Red Wings in 2003.

Both Downie and Quincey will be restricted free agents on July 1.

Tampa Bay has been the busiest team leading up to the trade deadline, having already dealt forward Dominic Moore to the Sharks, and defenceman Pavel Kubina to the Flyers.

The Quincey deal increases Tampa's stockpile of picks, as they now have two first round choices and three second rounders in 2012. They will also get the Florida Panthers 2012 or 2013 second round pick as part of the Kubina trade. The Panthers have the option to pick which year to give up the pick.

They're getting it done!!!! Nuff said

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:33 pm 
Star Sniper

The Columbus Blue Jackets have traded veteran forward Antoine Vermette to the Phoenix Coyotes for a second round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft (via Ottawa), a conditional fifth round selection in the 2013 Draft and minor-league goaltender Curtis McElhinney.

Vermette, who is in just the second year of a five-year, $18.75 million contract, has spent the last four years with the Blue Jackets.

The 29-year-old is in his eighth season in the NHL; he's played with both Columbus and the Ottawa Senators.

In 60 games this season, Vermette has scored eight goals and picked up 19 assists.

"We are extremely pleased to acquire Antoine," Coyotes general manager Don Maloney said in a release. "He is a smart, skilled, two-way center who will be a great addition to our lineup."

Vermette also brings 42 games of playoff experience to the table; he helped Ottawa to the Stanley Cup Final in 2006-07 before losing to the Anaheim Ducks.

The 29-year-old McElhinney, who is currently rehabilitating an injury, has appeared in 69 career NHL games with the Calgary Flames, Anaheim Ducks and Ottawa Senators, compiling a 19-26-4 record with a 3.09 goals-against average.

The second round pick was acquired by the Coyotes in the Kyle Turris deal. The fifth round pick in 2013 becomes a fourth round selection if the Coyotes win a playoff round this year.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:42 pm 
Power Forward

And then there's Darcy just sitting and doing nothing like they have a shot to win Multiple Stanley Cups. That's the goal isn't it that Pegula said! Well it's time to rid themselves of the garbage and let the rebuild for the future begin. God I can't wait till Regier is gone and they hire a GM that has some fucking brains. I just don't ever see us being the team that Pegula wants us to be until Darcy is gone.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:27 pm 
Star Sniper

Tough position to be in as a fan. If we sneak in to the playoffs with Toronto tanking; what will the happen? Well, we'll get trounced by The Rangers or Boston. What will they say? We're headed in the right direction.

This could buy Darcy and Lindy another year; and we all know that means more of the same.

I hate to see us lose; but winning now won't do anything to help us long term.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:11 pm 
Captain Clutch

Howie Hodge wrote:
Tough position to be in as a fan. If we sneak in to the playoffs with Toronto tanking; what will the happen? Well, we'll get trounced by The Rangers or Boston. What will they say? We're headed in the right direction.

This could buy Darcy and Lindy another year; and we all know that means more of the same.

I have no doubt in my mind that when Pegula say's Lindy and Darcy "ain't goin nowhere" he seriously means it. He will give them, at least, three years

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:56 pm 
Hart Winner

sabresindc wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:

I have no doubt in my mind that when Pegula say's Lindy and Darcy "ain't goin nowhere" he seriously means it. He will give them, at least, three years

When he saod that in the offseason following his first half a year as owner I think that meant for that offseason.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:57 pm 
Hart Winner

SabresBillsFan wrote:
And then there's Darcy just sitting and doing nothing like they have a shot to win Multiple Stanley Cups. That's the goal isn't it that Pegula said! Well it's time to rid themselves of the garbage and let the rebuild for the future begin. God I can't wait till Regier is gone and they hire a GM that has some fucking brains. I just don't ever see us being the team that Pegula wants us to be until Darcy is gone.

Hmm... Trade deadline is the 27th. Calm down.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:22 pm 
Cup Winner

BlueandYellow wrote:
SabresBillsFan wrote:

Hmm... Trade deadline is the 27th. Calm down.

Pretty much, no big names have left their teams yet.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:52 pm 
Star Sniper

Sounds like salary cap space being freed up to me.

(Sportsnet showed a trade of Wolski, Anisimov, and draft picks to The Ducks for Selanne last night. They said they couldn't confirm it. Nice work...)

The New York Rangers have traded forward Wojtek Wolski to the Florida Panthers in return for defenceman Michael Vernace and a third-round draft pick in 2013.

The 26-year-old forward has tallied three assists in nine games for the Rangers this season. The Panthers primary interest in Wolski appears to be his prowess in the shootout.

''We are very pleased to have acquired Wojtek,'' vice president and general manager Dale Tallon said. ''He is a skilled forward with scoring ability who will fit in very well to our lineup.''

Acquired last January by the Rangers from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for defenceman Michal Rozsival, the winger has scored 91 goals and 158 assists in 402 career games between the Rangers, Coyotes and Avalanche.

Wolski is in the final year of a two-year deal he signed in 2010, worth an average annual value of $3.8 million.

He was originally drafted in the first round (21st overall) by the Colorado Avalanche at the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.

Vernace, 25, has scored two goals and 14 assists in 44 games with the Norfolk Admirals and San Antonio Rampage of the American Hockey League this season. He played 22 career NHL games with Tampa Bay and Colorado, registering one assist.

The Toronto, Ontario native was originally selected by the San Jose Sharks as a seventh round choice, 201st overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.

Los9090
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:50 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Ales Hemsky signs a 2 year $10 million extension to stay in Edmonton. Interesting.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:51 pm 
Star Sniper

The St. Louis Blues have dealt goaltender Ben Bishop to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for a 2nd round selection in the 2013 entry draft.

The Senators have signed Bishop to a one-year, one-way contract.

The 25-year-old netminder has put up exceptional numbers with the American Hockey League's Peoria Rivermen this season, registering a 24-14 record with a 2.26 goals-against average and 0.928 save percentage through 38 games.

The Blues were forced into making a decision on the 25-year-old netminder due to the team's crowded crease. With All-Star Brian Elliott and 2010-11 starter Jaroslav Halak still under contract, the 6'7" Bishop was in danger of becoming a Group 6 unrestricted free agent this off-season.

Bishop was originally drafted in the third round (85th overall) by the Blues at the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

The Denver, Colorado native hasn't played an NHL game since March 7 of last year.

jordano
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:39 am 
Two-Way Center

I'm over in the UK and I'm trying to find a stream of TSN Tradecentre but I'm having no luck. Anybody else in the same boat?

#1 Hockey Nation.

Los9090
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 am 
Superstar Goalie

jordano wrote:
I'm over in the UK and I'm trying to find a stream of TSN Tradecentre but I'm having no luck. Anybody else in the same boat?

I'd get a twitter and follow the hockey sports reporters.

jordano
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:03 am 
Two-Way Center

Los9090 wrote:
jordano wrote:

I'd get a twitter and follow the hockey sports reporters.

Yeah, I'm already doing that. I just like watching the actual program that's all. I'm listening to the audio of the show so I guess all is not lost..

#1 Hockey Nation.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:20 am 
MegaDouche

All non-sabres trade dealing chat goes here. If it deals with the Sabres it should go into the Sabres Hockey thread stickied there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next