All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

sabresindc
 Post subject: 2012 Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:30 pm 
Captain Clutch

well yesterday philly picked up Grossman from Dallas for a second round

Today Montreal acquired B. Geoffrion, R. Slaney, and 2nd round draft pick in 2012 from NSH for H. Gill and a conditional 5th round pick in 2013. Pierre LeBrun just reported that if Geoffrion gets 40 gp in Montreal next year, Nashville gets that fifth-round pick. If he doesn't play in that many games, no pick for Nash :shock:

Let the deals begin

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

gr8daygo
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:43 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Come on Darcy sell sell sell. But find me a center in the process

E X C E L L E N C E

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:44 pm 
Captain Clutch

gr8daygo wrote:

If we're a seller (which I'm pretty confident we are) then don't expect much except for a couple prospects and a pick or two

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

gr8daygo
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:08 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

sabresindc wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:

If we're a seller (which I'm pretty confident we are) then don't expect much except for a couple prospects and a pick or two

I don't believe there are any top centers in FA... so we are gonna have to trade for one sooner or later... if we could package something up for a center at the deadline it is one less piece to find in the off season.... so sell with the intent of finding a center....

E X C E L L E N C E

daz28
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:25 pm 
Star Sniper

Nashville's butt has to be sore right now. 2 players and a 2nd for a 36 yr old pylon who will be a UFA.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:47 pm 
PP Quarterback

daz28 wrote:
Nashville's butt has to be sore right now. 2 players and a 2nd for a 36 yr old pylon who will be a UFA.

They really want to win now, and Hal Gill is a stay at home defensman who brings them playoff experience, size, and a Cup-winner. It's all or nothing for the Preds. Their window is open for this year, and probably this year only.

@TJLuckman550

sabresindc
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:19 pm 
Captain Clutch

gr8daygo wrote:
sabresindc wrote:
gr8daygo wrote:

I don't believe there are any top centers in FA... so we are gonna have to trade for one sooner or later... if we could package something up for a center at the deadline it is one less piece to find in the off season.... so sell with the intent of finding a center....

Most teams who have a "top center" are not in the position to get rid of them since most are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:56 pm 
Star Sniper

Trading for a top C means losing several good players that you probably don't really want to lose (ie - NOT Roy or Stafford, but Ennis, Myers, McNabb, etc). Then you get one great player and still have to fill the holes from the players you just lost, but you have a cap problem because now you have about the same total cap hit as before, but with one or two less players. Since Buffalo doesn't have much cap room I don't see this as a good option.

Sell off Roy, Boyes, Hecht (if possible), maybe Gaustad, and collect as many draft picks or prospects on ETCs as possible. That will allow for a lot of options going toward the draft, with some great Cs available on the cheap. We're not winning the Cup next season either, so why splurge for a top vet C under contract now when it won't make a difference? Get a rookie that's as close to a sure-fire top C as possible and he'll be ready by 2013-14, when other roster moves might have the team ready for a legit run.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:03 pm 
Cup Winner

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
Trading for a top C means losing several good players that you probably don't really want to lose (ie - NOT Roy or Stafford, but Ennis, Myers, McNabb, etc). Then you get one great player and still have to fill the holes from the players you just lost, but you have a cap problem because now you have about the same total cap hit as before, but with one or two less players. Since Buffalo doesn't have much cap room I don't see this as a good option.

Sell off Roy, Boyes, Hecht (if possible), maybe Gaustad, and collect as many draft picks or prospects on ETCs as possible. That will allow for a lot of options going toward the draft, with some great Cs available on the cheap. We're not winning the Cup next season either, so why splurge for a top vet C under contract now when it won't make a difference? Get a rookie that's as close to a sure-fire top C as possible and he'll be ready by 2013-14, when other roster moves might have the team ready for a legit run.

That's actually the best bet I would say also. We should sell of any players we can outside of Vanek, Pommers, Ennis, Kassian, Miller, and Myers for draft picks or prospects. Get what we can out of these bums and just draft a shit ton of new guys.

I know no one is trading a top C from their team unless Vanek, Pommers, Miller, or Myers goes to them. I for one don't want to see any of those guys go.

Personally, I want a really good defensive guy for the backend on this team, because our D has been a huge problem, because these guys can score, doesn't seem like it this year but they have before. Maybe they can do it again.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:00 pm 
Captain Clutch

Ok, I actually created this thread to bring to light other teams trades in the league. If a mod wants to move this to the Sabres forum, please do since majority of the posts are related to the Sabres

AudSabres
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:34 pm 
Superstar Goalie

What I find funny, is the fact there are conversations regarding the Sabres and "Trades" being used in the same sentence :lol: There is a section dedicated to Sabres trade talk in the Sabres Hockey forum.

Things are still quiet on the trade front/rumors etc for now so maybe this can stay a little longer. This thread was created for general NHL trade deadline talk so we should try to keep it to that. :P

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:55 pm 
Captain Clutch

AudSabres wrote:
What I find funny, is the fact there are conversations regarding the Sabres and "Trades" being used in the same sentence :lol: There is a section dedicated to Sabres trade talk in the Sabres Hockey forum.

Things are still quiet on the trade front/rumors etc for now so maybe this can stay a little longer. This thread was created for general NHL trade deadline talk so we should try to keep it to that. :P

EXACTLY!

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:36 pm 
Cup Winner

I hope to see a good team get even better by trading for superstars that our GM would never think of trading for.

I bet LA lands a pretty big name, or even Philly.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:44 pm 
Star Sniper

Darcy always repeats his mantra of "no trades to be made." Let's see if this is indeed the case.

Kubina to Detroit next trade?

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:16 pm 
PP Quarterback

Firesale

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:31 pm 
Captain Clutch

Howie Hodge wrote:
Darcy always repeats his mantra of "no trades to be made." Let's see if this is indeed the case.

Kubina to Detroit next trade?

ooooooh, so close. Kubina to Philly for second and fourth rounder

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:42 pm 
Cup Winner

If you want more jersey's from one player, Dominic Moore got traded the the Sharks, so that is 9 teams he has played for in his 8 years in the league.

So what is the record for teams played by one player? Anyone know who that is or does Moore hold the record for most teams played for in his career?

Rud wrote:

AudSabres
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
If you want more jersey's from one player, Dominic Moore got traded the the Sharks, so that is 9 teams he has played for in his 8 years in the league.

So what is the record for teams played by one player? Anyone know who that is or does Moore hold the record for most teams played for in his career?

According to hockeydb.com, that title belongs to Mike Sillinger (12 teams)

Runners up with 10 are:

Michel Petit
Mathieu Schneider
J.J. Daigneault
Jim Dowd

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/players/most_teams.html

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 pm 
Cup Winner

Well More only needs three more teams to tie it. I hope he can get that record, he has plenty of time left to do it.

Rud wrote:

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:49 pm 
PP Quarterback

Lightning trade F Steve Downie to Colorado for D Kyle Quincey. Lightning immediately turn around and flip Quincy to Detroit for a first-round pick.

@TJLuckman550