It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:34 pm 
Captain Clutch

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/winnipeg-zach-bogosian-avoids-suspension-leaping-hit-andreas-153342424.html

You make the call (video of hit is in the link). I'll put it this way, I am losing what little respect I had for the puck daddy blog every day. First they declared the Myers suspension a travesty since he didn't get more time and now he says that this is "dangerous hit" but doesn't deserve a suspension.

I personally think that ANY "dangerous hit" should get supplemental discipline. Just because he didn't target the head doesn't mean it shouldn't face the same fate.

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:45 pm 
PP Quarterback

So as long as the opponents head is not involved you can do whatever you won't without getting a suspension.
A 5 minute major + 10 min penalty for charging should be an automatic 1 game suspension.

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm 
Garbage Man

Seriously! You can't hit a guy in the numbers, but you can freaking leap into a guy and crush him?

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:49 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

http://video.thescore.com/watch/bogosian-gets-ejected

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:22 pm 
Captain Clutch

motzie12ak wrote:
Seriously! You can't hit a guy in the numbers, but you can freaking leap into a guy and crush him?

Yep, unless you have a "history." See, Bogo has skirted around being suspended several times so that is Shanahan's usual excuse. If Kaleta did that same exact hit he would have been gone for 10+ guaranteed just because of his history. I hope Nodl isn't seriously hurt but he is showing signs of a concussion....

SHOCKING!!!!!

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:00 pm 
Garbage Man

sabresindc wrote:
motzie12ak wrote:

Yep, unless you have a "history." See, Bogo has skirted around being suspended several times so that is Shanahan's usual excuse. If Kaleta did that same exact hit he would have been gone for 10+ guaranteed just because of his history. I hope Nodl isn't seriously hurt but he is showing signs of a concussion....

SHOCKING!!!!!

I hate when they use the 'no history' excuse on players that have 'almost' been suspended a bunch of times. The reason they have no 'history' is cause they never get suspended!

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:06 pm 
Superstar Goalie

So is it illegal to leave the ground after making contact? Because I think contact is made before Bogo's skates break contact with the ice.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:16 pm 
Cup Winner

Of course, a 5 minute major for charging and a game misconduct and no suspension, but some pussy hit Myers throws and only gets two gets three games?

Shanahan is losing more and more respect from me. He lost all credibility when he didn't suspend Lucic, and now this is one of the many times he has let a suspendable hit go unpunished.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.