It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Los9090
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:48 am 
Superstar Goalie

What an idiot. He'll most likely get suspended and now Nashville will be at a HUGE disadvantage. That's like the Bruins minus Chara.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:32 am 
PP Quarterback

i don't see more than one or two games. it was dirty, but weber did get hit high and stuff first (not that it should matter, but it will). also, i don't know where you saw two hands, but i only saw one (this doesn't matter either, just pointing it out).

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:50 pm 
Hart Winner

PatGreen wrote:
i don't see more than one or two games. it was dirty, but weber did get hit high and stuff first (not that it should matter, but it will). also, i don't know where you saw two hands, but i only saw one (this doesn't matter either, just pointing it out).

On the video it seemed like he put it on his head but he actually put it near his chest and then the other hand on his head.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:52 pm 
Hart Winner

And being a hockey fan, it pisses me off that this would actually be grouped into a blindside accidental hit or something in terms of suspension. One is a routine hockey play accidentally gone bad, and this one is intentionally taking another player and slamming his head into plexiglass. Zetterburg went down and held his head. That obviously hurt.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:55 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Is there a link to this?

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:57 pm 
resident car guy

No suspension, just a $2,500 maximum fine. Wow, what a joke.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm 
PP Quarterback

Yet Byron Bitz is getting a hearing. Fuck this league, sometimes.

@TJLuckman550

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:19 pm 
Star Sniper

This is what I thought would happen. Stupid play, but it really didn't have the potential to cause injury. Def not worth destroying the playoff series. Good call Shanny(did I just say that?).

PatGreen
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:23 pm 
PP Quarterback

in my opinion, the worst part of it is that there were 5 seconds left in the game. i don't care if you're wayne gretzky or todd bertuzzi, you never put your team at risk of losing a game (or a series) for a 1/2 second infraction at a meaningless point.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:28 pm 
Hart Winner

daz28 wrote:
This is what I thought would happen. Stupid play, but it really didn't have the potential to cause injury. Def not worth destroying the playoff series. Good call Shanny(did I just say that?).

I think slamming someone's head into the boards definitely does have the potential to cause injury. What if Zetterburg didn't have a visor? He probably could've broke something!

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:32 pm 
Hart Winner

I really like this TSN comment.

"This makes the NHL look terrible. The NHL stated at the beginning of the year, that they will suspended anyone who 'targets' the head of a player. Weber intentionally took Zetterbergs head and slammed it against the glass!!!! To say thats not a head shot is asinine and again makes the NHL look absolutely terrible."

Last edited by BlueandYellow on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:32 pm 
Hart Winner

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:45 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Holy shit. That's some WWF into the turnbuckle kind of shenanigans right there. That being said......oh what it would be like to have Shea on our team.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:50 pm 
Hart Winner

Displaced Fan wrote:
Holy shit. That's some WWF into the turnbuckle kind of shenanigans right there. That being said......oh what it would be like to have Shea on our team.

The Wings DO have Bertuzzi... The guy who did this...

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:06 pm 
Star Sniper

Displaced Fan wrote:

Oh ya, that's what I was thinking, too. The message that sends is worth the game or two you'd get for it. I wonder why hf boards isn't blowing up about, "where's the reaction from his teammates", like it did with Miller. Just goes to prove that board is comprised of Wings, Pens, and Broons fans only(most of who are arrogant pricks).

I know you're passionate about this B&Y, but people are using semantics here. "Slamming' and "half-heartedly shoving" can make the whole argument change. I honestly think at the last second, Shea realized how ridiculously stupid it was, and let up a bit. if he wanted to injure Zetty, I really don't see how he could fail. With Weber, intent to injure=injure everytime. Maybe he should have been suspended, I won't argue that. The main focus here is would it REALLY send a message that would cure all the ills of the league at the expense of a great playoff series? I say no. I don't want to argue this with you, so this will probably be my last post on it.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:38 pm 
Hart Winner

daz28 wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:

Oh ya, that's what I was thinking, too. The message that sends is worth the game or two you'd get for it. I wonder why hf boards isn't blowing up about, "where's the reaction from his teammates", like it did with Miller. Just goes to prove that board is comprised of Wings, Pens, and Broons fans only(most of who are arrogant pricks).

I know you're passionate about this B&Y, but people are using semantics here. "Slamming' and "half-heartedly shoving" can make the whole argument change. I honestly think at the last second, Shea realized how ridiculously stupid it was, and let up a bit. if he wanted to injure Zetty, I really don't see how he could fail. With Weber, intent to injure=injure everytime. Maybe he should have been suspended, I won't argue that. The main focus here is would it REALLY send a message that would cure all the ills of the league at the expense of a great playoff series? I say no. I don't want to argue this with you, so this will probably be my last post on it.

How is grabbing Zetterburg's head, tilting it back, and putting it into the boards a little shove? Tell me this. Because Zetterburg went down and took a few minutes to get up and he had a fucking visor on. Without that visor he breaks his nose and maybe gets a concussion. That's how he failed at skull fucking Zetterburg, and damn straight he should be out for the rest of the playoffs. Because what he did was disgusting and shouldn't be viewed as a hockey play. Doing what he did has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with hockey. If you were to do that to anyone outside of hockey, you'd go to jail.

I know you're probably not going to respond because it's really hard to try and justify Shea Weber taking someone's head and slamming it into plexiglass, but I'm still astounded as to why I'm fighting tooth and nail to show why this is an awful play.

Los9090
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:21 pm 
Superstar Goalie

2,5K fine? Really? Okay, whatever NHL.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:28 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Zetterberg isn't exactly innocent in this. Didn't even attempt to play the puck at the end of the game, came in, slashed Weber on the hands, then makes body contact with Weber's head down going toward the glass.

Did Zetterberg deserve to get his face smashed, no, thats not hockey. Did he deserve the initial punch, absolutely. Especially with time expiring. What message are you trying to send at the end of that game? Keep your head up against the boards when times expiring? Zetterberg did start it, and Weber finished it, then went above and beyond finishing it.

Squanto 7/27/2010

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:29 pm 
Star Sniper

I think it deserved at least one game, maybe two because it wasn't even a hockey play. The NHL is afraid of tilting the series in Detroit's favor, but they also run the risk of losing control of the series if games or the series gets out of reach. I actually think Detroit is one team that will probably not go for revenge if they are facing certain elimination, but it still allows for players to get emotional and seek "justice" on their own depending on the circumstances.

Nuthatch
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:15 pm 
Penalty Killer

How about if the league reviews the whole mess & suspends them both? Maybe one game for Z and two for Weber? And a larger fine...