It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:51 pm 
Hart Winner

Did anyone see him take both hands, put it on Zetterburg's head, and slam it into the boards? WHAT THE FUCK?! That's ASSAULT!

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 pm 
Power Forward

I hope Zetterberg has a concussion. Weber's the man...

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:29 pm 
resident car guy

That was a real scumbag move.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:36 pm 
Hart Winner

Jammerz04 wrote:
I hope Zetterberg has a concussion. Weber's the man...

please be joking...

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:37 pm 
Power Forward

Ryan911T wrote:

hey bro i just seen the replay. wow that was horrible.. i take back my post. wow. that should get him a bunch of games. that was pretty classless...

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:46 pm 
Hart Winner

Jammerz04 wrote:
Ryan911T wrote:

hey bro i just seen the replay. wow that was horrible.. i take back my post. wow. that should get him a bunch of games. that was pretty classless...

Oh, I thought you saw the video. I was surprised at first.

Yeah, if he doesn't get at least 5 games that's a joke. Because that's

dirty
boarding (i guess?)
intentional
contact to the head
basically assault
things assassins are paid for

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 pm 
Power Forward

BlueandYellow wrote:
Jammerz04 wrote:
Ryan911T wrote:

Oh, I thought you saw the video. I was surprised at first.

Yeah, if he doesn't get at least 5 games that's a joke. Because that's

dirty
boarding (i guess?)
intentional
contact to the head
basically assault
things assassins are paid for

total intent to injure. but never know whats going through the head of a player during a game right? being a divisional matchup in the playoffs has got to be taken into effect and the crowd pumping you up right players make mistakes. but being the playoffs and being one of the best d men in the league i think shanny will take it easy on him. but shea weber made a real dumb move there dropped a couple notches in my book thats for sure. was my 2nd fav d man after Myers...

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:03 am 
Captain Dynasty

i hope shea weber gets suspended, gets pissed off, and is traded at the draft to say, i dont know. buffalo?

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:12 am 
Star Sniper

It was fuktarded, but I've seen far more violent/awful things happen in the heat of a playoff game.

Fine him(unfortunately max 2500), and move on. If Zetty is genuinely hurt, then suspend him.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:21 am 
Hart Winner

daz28 wrote:
It was fuktarded, but I've seen far more violent/awful things happen in the heat of a playoff game.

Fine him(unfortunately max 2500), and move on. If Zetty is genuinely hurt, then suspend him.

Okay, say a guy kills someone in cold blood. Should the punishment be cushioned because something worse has happened before?

This was bad. He took two hands, grabbed his head, and slammed it into the boards. That shouldn't be something suspended for 2 games, the same as an unintentional hit or something. It should be a REALLY long suspension.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:26 am 
PP Quarterback

Yeah. This was completely uncalled for. In what point does one think to grab another guy's head, while holding a hockey stick, and bash it into the boards? What good did Weber think would come from that?

@TJLuckman550

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:28 am 
Page Side

Weber is the fucking man.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:29 am 
Hart Winner

I've seen a few people actually try to justify this "hit".

This is 100% a suspension worthy play. Intention is there, dirty play is there, it's a head hit (LOL), and a boarding play(?).

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:46 am 
Star Sniper

I believe he got called for roughing. 2 mins. My point is it would have been worse if he came flying in at 30 mph, and smashed his head into the glass with the force of his whole body . I'm not defending it, but there just wasn't a shit ton of force behind it. The force generated by shoving is probably 1/20th that of a dirty board call. As I said, if Zetty is fine, then one of his teammates can handle it. I know you're excited about this, and won't accept it, but whatev.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:56 am 
Power Forward

daz28 wrote:
I believe he got called for roughing. 2 mins. My point is it would have been worse if he came flying in at 30 mph, and smashed his head into the glass with the force of his whole body . I'm not defending it, but there just wasn't a shit ton of force behind it. The force generated by shoving is probably 1/20th that of a dirty board call. As I said, if Zetty is fine, then one of his teammates can handle it. I know you're excited about this, and won't accept it, but whatev.

ya the play was dirty but i agree with you it wasn't as hard as it looked. still unacceptable though to grab someones head on purpose and putting it into the glass.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:10 am 
Hart Winner

Quote:
He took two hands, grabbed his head, and slammed it into the boards.

HOW IS THAT NOT THAT BAD?

union jack
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:52 am 
Late-Round Gem

Definitely suspension worthy, but no more than 1 or 2 games. He didn't shove his head that hard into the boards, it was more the intent of the play that made it bad. I've seen far more violent plays go unnoticed by the league.
It was only a 2 minute penalty on ice and Zetterberg isn't injured, that'll help Weber's case also.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:45 am 
Power Forward

BlueandYellow wrote:
Did anyone see him take both hands, put it on Zetterburg's head, and slam it into the boards? WHAT THE FUCK?! That's ASSAULT!

I don't think it's assault but he should be suspend at least a couple of games for that shit. Totally classless move by a great player.

Jammerz04
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:54 am 
Power Forward

anyone see Bytz on Clifford hit in Van LA game? el la not as dirty as webers but still worth mentioning he got 5 minute major and the game and clifford also didn't return to the game.

Also just wanted to add RICHARDS JUST LEVELED BURROWS towards the end of the period. It was fuckin awesome...

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:37 am 
Cup Winner

BlueandYellow wrote:
Quote:
He took two hands, grabbed his head, and slammed it into the boards.

HOW IS THAT NOT THAT BAD?

The other player was wearing a helmet and it caught that.

I'm not going to say it was smart or the right thing to do, but I highly doubt Shanaban will suspend him, or I have no faith in him to suspend anyone right now.

If it happens I'll genuinely be surprised. He deserves one or two on that play though.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.