It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:44 pm 
Hart Winner

jvaccaro6 wrote:
Zetterberg isn't exactly innocent in this. Didn't even attempt to play the puck at the end of the game, came in, slashed Weber on the hands, then makes body contact with Weber's head down going toward the glass.

Did Zetterberg deserve to get his face smashed, no, thats not hockey. Did he deserve the initial punch, absolutely. Especially with time expiring. What message are you trying to send at the end of that game? Keep your head up against the boards when times expiring? Zetterberg did start it, and Weber finished it, then went above and beyond finishing it.

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he muscle Shea Weber off the puck and actually get to the puck? How, if he actually did touch the puck with his stick, did he not try and touch the puck???

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:45 pm 
Hart Winner

Also that wasn't much of a slash. Especially when it was him trying to get Weber's stick away from the puck, and it certainly wasn't as bad as WEBER TAKING HIS HEAD AND SLAMMING IT INTO THE BOARDS.

People don't seem to see the difference between
A HOCKEY PLAY
and taking someone's head and putting it into plexiglass.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:16 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

BlueandYellow wrote:
Also that wasn't much of a slash. Especially when it was him trying to get Weber's stick away from the puck, and it certainly wasn't as bad as WEBER TAKING HIS HEAD AND SLAMMING IT INTO THE BOARDS.

People don't seem to see the difference between
A HOCKEY PLAY
and taking someone's head and putting it into plexiglass.

I'm not justifying slamming his head into the boards. I'm say that Zetterberg didn't really make a conscious effort to play the puck until after 4 seconds expired. Was he going to score from behind the net with .5 seconds left on the clock? No, he made contact with his stick on Weber's hands, and then threw a body check while Weber was against the boards with his head down, trying to keep possession. That's why Weber got pissed. No slamming someone's head against the glass isn't a hockey play. I'm well aware of that, and actually said that in my original post. I'm just saying Zetterberg could have made a better attempt to play the puck, can't play the puck with your sick up around a guys mid-section, especially not 6'3 Shae Weber's mid-section. That's all I'm saying. Zetterberg is the victim of a cheap shot, but it's like that guy who runs his mouth, then gets punched in the face for it. Sure Weber didn't get hurt, but he certainly doesn't need to back down from that either.

Squanto 7/27/2010

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:55 pm 
Hart Winner

Zetterburg very well could've scored with 4 seconds left from shooting it behind the net. There's that chance. Bertuzzi had a missed shot with about 2 seconds left. He was looking for the puck the whole time, and what he did wasn't out of the ordinary. Sure, the slash could've been a 2 minute minor, but if Zetterburg gets even a hearing for that that's bullshit. Because he wasn't slashing him for the sake of slashing him, he was trying to get Weber's stick out of the way so he couldn't shoot it down the ice.

All I'm saying is, if that is all that made Weber drill Zetterburg's face into the boards, then he's a bigger baby bitch than Crosby. Because getting hooked/slashed in the stick shouldn't even be discussed when you're debating if Weber should get suspended for slamming someone's head into the boards.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:42 am 
Superstar Goalie

Jay is just saying that Zett wasn't sitting there quietly doing the crosswords when Shea hit him. He pissed the guy off by slashing him. Shea went over the top Hulk style, which is bad um'kay but Zetterburg wasn't being a fucking innocent boy scout either.