It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

lamaisonbleu
 Post subject: Hey NHL!! Fix This!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:44 pm 
Late-Round Gem

'Third man in' rule sometimes unfair. In tonights playoff game Ottawa goon pummels Ranger player while he is laying on the ice. None of the linesmen come over to break it up, and the ref is standing by with his arm up. After about 5 punches to the head of the Ranger, and no help in sight, Dubinski jumps in to do the linesmen's job. He is given a game misconduct, and he and the goon are gone. Nice trade for Ottawa. Teams will be adopting this strategy if they don't fix it.

BlueandYellow
 Post subject: Re: Hey NHL!! Fix This!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:12 am 
Hart Winner

Carkner needs to get a suspension. I don't think randomly starting to pummel someone for no reason is a hockey play.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:38 am 
Star Sniper

The rule is fine, but in this scenario the officials applied it incorrectly. When one player sucker punches the other to the ice and that player never takes his gloves off or throws a punch, then it's not a "two man" situation where Dubinsky is the third. It's a one man fighting situation where Dubinsky becomes the second man in. That was a real fuck-up by the refs. The way they called that, under that logic, any player can get jumped and pounded on and all his teammates have to stand and watch. Garage league, as usual.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:27 pm 
Hart Winner

Exactly. It's bullshit. I don't exactly know what happened between Boyle and Karlsson in game 1, but considering I can't even find anything on it (I.E video or article) just tells me some biased sens fans love seeing Carkner commit assault.

SabresBillsFan
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:28 pm 
Power Forward

Wow I haven't seen so many players going after one another with blantant head shots in all my years of watching playoff hockey. This Philly series is unbelievable with players going after on another and no one is safe. Giroux getting in a fight with Crosby. Wow this years playoffs are great. Darcy should take a long hard look at this current squad and build the team in almost the same mold as Boston and Philly. Because these teams are both young and will be the teams to beat in the East for years to come.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm 
Hart Winner

Crosby was being a real dick. Fucking batting gloves away and clutching people. Then when Giroux goes after him he doesn't drop his gloves and throw until the ref grabs Giroux. Fucking joke of a hockey player.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:20 am 
Star Sniper

Crosby is just putting another nail in the coffin of his reputation. The whole damn team though...even Neal...is acting like class A fucktards. Crosby hasn't gone far enough to deserve a suspension, because being a whiny cheap ass punk isn't suspendable, but Asham should be gone for the series and fined for his throat check on Schenn after his clean check. Neal should be gone for the series games for his leaping charge on Couterier who didn't have the puck, and his head shot on Giroux. Adams should be gone for a game for 3rd man in and pulling Hartnell's hair (even though he deserves to have his hair pulled).

Basically Bylsma must be a douche if he lets this attitude prevail. After the game he talked about how he doesn't want to see his team get undisciplined and take penalties. Uh...try a complete and utter mental meltdown that Bylsma himself could've avoided if he took a TO to get his team's head on straight. With Malkin and Orpik taking their share of cheap shots lately, the entire team looks like the guest speaker at the Assholes Anonymous Seminar.

Los9090
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:52 am 
Superstar Goalie

Couterier wasn't hurt, so I bet James Neal gets off scot free.

Rud
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:39 am 
Superstar Goalie

I guess Matt Cooke was the sponge for that entire locker room's bush league bullshit. He picked up all of zero penalty minutes yesterday while the rest of his team exploded. They're looking like, perhaps, the dirtiest team in the league after the dirtiest player in the league cleaned up his act.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:22 pm 
Star Sniper

Update -

Carkner gets one game (should've been 2-3 imo), and Hagelin gets three games for the elbow on Alfredsson (about right, imo).

Craig Adams gets an automatic one game for instigating the fight with Hartnell, Bylsma gets a 10k fine.

Still waiting for the ruling on Asham and Neal...