Please click here to view the forum rules

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:00 pm 
Hart Winner

There were no survivors...

Rud
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:48 am 
Superstar Goalie

Both teams in this series are just taking turns playing in only one end of the ice. It's entertaining, but neither of them are getting out of the second round if they keep playing like this.

Los9090
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 am 
Superstar Goalie

Bryzgalov sure isn't really living up to that 9 year $51 million deal. He had some solid flashes this year, but I don't think this what the Flappers brass and fans had in mind.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:14 pm 
Hart Winner

Bryzgalov really I think is an average starting goaltender. That's mainly due to his slowness. Guy's really awful on one timers.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:37 pm 
Cup Winner

The Pens weren't very good in their own end either.

I think Bryz will have a good game to finally shut people up, but who knows. Neither team can win on offense alone. The Capitals have proven that time after time.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 pm 
Page Side

It's amazing. Paul Holmgren did an incredible job reshaping the Flyers and completely retooling the roster.

Then, to address poor playoff goaltending, he signed a goaltender with one of the poorest playoff records in the game to a long term contract.

Derp.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i dont think it was just to address poor playoff goaltending, it was just to adress poor goaltending overall. and i thought it would work. it hasnt.

that said, did you know going into this years playoffs, lundqvist had like a .907 save percentage, career, playoffs? hes been MUCH worse then miller, and alot of people calling for millers head point to lundqvist for clutch goaltending.

but its an overrated stat, IMO, because all it takes is one playoff to turn yourself around.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:54 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I have to do mandatory fun tonight with my wife and her coworkers but I'll be checking the score all night.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:12 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i dont think it was just to address poor playoff goaltending, it was just to adress poor goaltending overall. and i thought it would work. it hasnt.

that said, did you know going into this years playoffs, lundqvist had like a .907 save percentage, career, playoffs? hes been MUCH worse then miller, and alot of people calling for millers head point to lundqvist for clutch goaltending.

but its an overrated stat, IMO, because all it takes is one playoff to turn yourself around.

Or a cup too.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.