It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstruct ... in-madison

dudes a drinking LEGEND. but.... it seems he cant handle his zima.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:18 pm 
Hart Winner

fucking asshole, i swear. first he assaults a cab driver, now he's being a dick to women.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:02 pm 
resident car guy

What a douchebag.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:35 pm 
Page Side

He has a coke problem.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:42 pm 
Captain Dynasty

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
He has a coke problem.

i dont think so. nothing he does seems like its coke to me. it seems he has an ego problem, and his binge drinking really seems to magnify his issues in social situations.

he brings it on himself. he thinks hes untouchable, but to me, it seemed that once the initial "oh man, THATS PATRICK KANE!" moment wore off, people he was around were sick of him and wanted him gone. i wonder if hes aware of that rejection, that it was brought on because hes an undesirable person to be around. or if his self awareness is impaired by his ego, and he thinks hes not the problem.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:26 am 
Page Side

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
He has a coke problem.

i dont think so. nothing he does seems like its coke to me. it seems he has an ego problem, and his binge drinking really seems to magnify his issues in social situations.

he brings it on himself. he thinks hes untouchable, but to me, it seemed that once the initial "oh man, THATS PATRICK KANE!" moment wore off, people he was around were sick of him and wanted him gone. i wonder if hes aware of that rejection, that it was brought on because hes an undesirable person to be around. or if his self awareness is impaired by his ego, and he thinks hes not the problem.

Punching a cabby over 15 cents, and choking a woman? That definitely sounds like coke to me. And that feeling of being untouchable you're talking about? #1 reason people love coke.

I don't know for sure, of course, but the people I know with ties to the NHL, specifically Detroit, say that's the word that's spreading. Take it for what it's worth.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 am 
Captain Dynasty

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
He has a coke problem.

Punching a cabby over 15 cents, and choking a woman? That definitely sounds like coke to me. And that feeling of being untouchable you're talking about? #1 reason people love coke.

I don't know for sure, of course, but the people I know with ties to the NHL, specifically Detroit, say that's the word that's spreading. Take it for what it's worth.

an athlete with an ego doesnt need coke to feel untouchable. hes a guy who simply loves his booze. id think, and maybe incorrectly, that having a coke problem (an upper) and the amount of alcohol he consumes (a downer) would have caused him severe SEVERE complications by now. wouldnt you? i mean, thats ALOT of booze. and it doesnt take much of the wrong ingredients to cause complications.

hes not the first athlete to act like this while drunk. hes not going to be the last. he just is a young, drunk, famous idiot. the perfect storm for douchbaggery.

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:19 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

PuckSniperPensel wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
He has a coke problem.

Yeah.....

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:33 am 
Franchise Defenseman

I think he has a small dick, even in comparison to his relatively small body. So he overcompensates.

I hope he gets mugged and has the shit kicked out of him this summer.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:35 am 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
http://deadspin.com/5909246/reconstructing-patrick-kanes-drunken-weekend-in-madison

dudes a drinking LEGEND. but.... it seems he cant handle his zima.

Props on the Zima reference.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:48 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Squanto wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
He has a coke problem.

Yeah.....

i would have a hard time imagining that NHL people would openly discuss a players perceived drug problem for a rumour to spread.

but who knows. maybe this IS true. maybe i should email the red wings and let them know an employee is telling the public about players drug problems. because if i owned a team, and an employee was leaking info like this, you better believe there would be some ramifications.

nah, im lazy. fuck it. im rumoured to have an LSD problem. you heard it here first.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:38 pm 
Captain Dynasty

watching NHL 36 with kane. he goes into the blackhawks store, and grabs 4 player t-shirts. toews, crawford, hossa, and sharp. he tells the clerk to throw the toews shirt in the garbage, then says "ill buy these 3. i like these guys."

so, i know hes joking. probably a dry sense of humour. but it also seemed to me, that there is a rivalry there, and it may be dislike on kanes end. he also puts on a toews jersey and asks the people what the think. he then says "no. its ugly, eh?"

they then explain the two had an extreme rivalry in the their younger days.

so who knows.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:09 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Sounds like garden variety ball busting to me.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:04 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Squanto wrote:
Sounds like garden variety ball busting to me.

thats what i thought too, but he just kept going with it. at one point, when he dropped the puck at a game between fire and police, he said to a kid with a toews jersey on "your jersey is ugly."

i mean, im pretty sure it was all jokes, but the volume of them in a short amount of time eventually made me wonder.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:58 am 
Cup Winner

I'd say it's a rivalry thing, they both compete to be the best and it is good for the team, he's still not afraid to dish it to Toews.

If it keeps them producing let them keep at it. Those two have known each other for a very long time, I'm sure they are great friends though.

But choking a woman, how do we know it wasn't a sex act? Is Deadspin actually even reliable info?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

deadspins reliable. it sounds like he got rejected and choked, or tried to choke her.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:30 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Deadspin CAN be reliable.

When they actually investigate stuff, they've shown an uncanny ability to dig up some good dirt and expose things.

When they just republish random shit that people send in to them, like this, take it with a grain of salt.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:31 pm 
Captain Dynasty

deadspin is never wrong.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:31 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ever

sabresindc
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:38 am 
Captain Clutch

True, Deadspin is just spewing info that is fed to them but it's pretty obvious that he was blitz in several of those pictures. Now for the choking and anti-semetic speak I call bullshit until actual proof is found. I highly doubt that this chick or her friends filed an assault report. So this is a 20-something doing what 20-somethings do at that age....Drink their asses off!!! The only difference is, he's an insanely rich kid in an area that knows hockey and who he is. If he was in, say Texas, we would never have heard of this

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.