It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

BlueandYellow
 Post subject: Re: Draft Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:13 pm 
Hart Winner

Where can I actually watch the draft? NBC turned to fucking idiotic pre trial running

Rud
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:14 pm 
Superstar Goalie

BlueandYellow wrote:
Where can I actually watch the draft? NBC turned to fucking idiotic pre trial running

CNBC or the NHL network.

Jammerz04
 Post subject: Draft Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:29 pm 
Power Forward

Fuck Jarrot Stoll resigns with the Kings. He was on my wish list for July 1st

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:57 pm 
Hart Winner

Girgensons said he's ready to play in the NHL, if he's physically ready (I guess that means in shape?) and Grigorenko seems confident, too. I hope one of them cracks the roster, they're both really talented, and really big.

Grigorneko seems like a flashier, point scorer with good hands, while Girgensons can do that (not as well I'd assume) but is "a beast" and is very strong.

Good job, Darcy. Two big, gifted centers.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:23 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Grigorenko can't play in the AHL next season. Being a CHL prospect, the 20+ rule applies to his pro eligibility.

Girgensons, despite his UVM-trending trajectory, could turn pro and suit up for the Amerks. Being a USHL prospect, he can enter the AHL at 18.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:48 am 
PP Quarterback

My gut tells me Grigorenko can make the NHL roster next year, and that the Sabres are going to try their damndest to make Girgensons go pro right away simply because he can, but he doesn't and decides to get educated instead.

If Grigorenko (let's just call him Grigs, because that's eventually what we'll call him and you know it) makes the roster, I see Roy getting shipped off for whatever the hell we can get for him.

@TJLuckman550

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:51 am 
Hart Winner

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:
My gut tells me Grigorenko can make the NHL roster next year, and that the Sabres are going to try their damndest to make Girgensons go pro right away simply because he can, but he doesn't and decides to get educated instead.

If Grigorenko (let's just call him Grigs, because that's eventually what we'll call him and you know it) makes the roster, I see Roy getting shipped off for whatever the hell we can get for him.

:clap: :clap:

patkane88
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:15 am 
Captain Clutch

Well I have not been on here in like 3months and there is no where to talk about the sabres new prospects so I will do it here. I am more excited to see Zemgus play than the Grigorenko. It could be just me because I not a huge fan of Russians unless they are like Malkin.

Twitter @BUrbanowicz13

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:49 am 
Hart Winner

It's not like he's going to the KHL. I don't understand why that worries everyone. He wouldn't go through an NHL draft in North America if he was going to the KHL.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:37 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

They are NOT trading Roy to make way for two 18-year olds. It might happen that he gets traded, but these guys are not the IMMEDIATE future. Darcy's not that dumb.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:36 pm 
Cup Winner

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Vanek_Fanatic_26 wrote:

They are NOT trading Roy to make way for two 18-year olds. It might happen that he gets traded, but these guys are not the IMMEDIATE future. Darcy's not that dumb.

How is that dumb?

Trading Roy to make way for two guys that have huge size over Roy is smart. Our centers if we get rid of Roy would become the youngest group of centers in the league with Hodgson, Ennis, and the two picks, to me, yea not much experience, but we'd have size down the middle.

I'm surprised Grigorenko fell to us being rated the number 3 North American skater and all.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:58 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Putting pressure on 18 year olds and rushing them into the NHL is no kinda way to run a team. Much less putting more pressure on Hodgson to develop even faster. Even Stamkos-like players don't instantly develop.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:49 pm 
Cup Winner

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Putting pressure on 18 year olds and rushing them into the NHL is no kinda way to run a team. Much less putting more pressure on Hodgson to develop even faster. Even Stamkos-like players don't instantly develop.

I half agree with you. Roy can still be useful to the team, even if we don't like it, he is a good center and had one terrible year. But he has proven in the past he can a good player.

And at one year left, I hope he plays balls to the wall.

But I'd like to see these guys make the jump right now and give us the size we need down the middle. I think Hodgson will be fine next year. To me, does this team really have the time to wait for these guys to develop, or force them into the spotlight and step it up. With Hodgson no one is behind him to push him, no center on our team right now gives me the scare to jump to number one.

I don't see Roy leaving either, unless July 1st someone wants to take him off our hands, he's staying until the end of his contract.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:13 pm 
Captain Dynasty

no one the sabres drafted will be with the sabres past 10 games in the regular season.

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:36 pm 
PP Quarterback

Stuuuuuuu wrote:

No, but Grigorenko may be the most NHL-ready prospect we've drafted since maybe Pierre Turgeon. Besides, with Hodgson and Ennis, where are we gonna put Roy. 3rd-line center? No thank you.

@TJLuckman550

Vanek_Fanatic_26
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:37 pm 
PP Quarterback

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:

I half agree with you. Roy can still be useful to the team, even if we don't like it, he is a good center and had one terrible year. But he has proven in the past he can a good player.

And at one year left, I hope he plays balls to the wall.

But I'd like to see these guys make the jump right now and give us the size we need down the middle. I think Hodgson will be fine next year. To me, does this team really have the time to wait for these guys to develop, or force them into the spotlight and step it up. With Hodgson no one is behind him to push him, no center on our team right now gives me the scare to jump to number one.

I don't see Roy leaving either, unless July 1st someone wants to take him off our hands, he's staying until the end of his contract.

Darcy said after the draft that no contracts with one year remaining were moving until Nash is traded or taken off the market.

@TJLuckman550

Jammerz04
 Post subject: Draft Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:33 am 
Power Forward

patkane88 wrote:
Well I have not been on here in like 3months and there is no where to talk about the sabres new prospects so I will do it here. I am more excited to see Zemgus play than the Grigorenko. It could be just me because I not a huge fan of Russians unless they are like Malkin.

Actually he got compared to Spezza and Malkin.

Imo we shouldn't rush it but I have no doubt this guy has nothing but stardom to come to him in this league. I'd start him in the ahl for sure but after first 10-15 games he will be called up and will perform upto great levels for a rookie.

I loved this draft. In a few years the whole league will be salivating over our large and talented regime of centers.

One thing I would've done though is pick a top goalie. I was hoping for Suban. Cuz once Miller becomes UFA he will be going down to California I have no doubt in my mind about that. We still did have a couple picks to play with and a couple UFA's most notably Boyes who I'm sure will be one of the bigger targets after July 1st hits and Parise, Weber and Suter are gone.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:50 pm 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
no one the sabres drafted will be with the sabres past 10 games in the regular season.

Most likely not as this is not how Ruff and Regier normally work.

But He could make the roster and stay if he impresses enough. He was the third ranked North American skater after Yakupov and Murray.

Rud wrote: