It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:17 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

useful fictions wrote:
been so predictably brash that they have only further reinforced why i can't get along with someone who is so devout and proud of being from western new york.

I have a friend that is very devout about being from Peoria, IL. You know what?

I don't give a shit.

People like different things. Get used to it. Stop being such an uppity judgemental fuckface.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:29 pm 
Hart Winner

Wow man. We Buffalonians are so stupid for being happy. We're all uncool.

useful fictions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:38 pm 
Brawler

the manner in which i was addressed by numerous posts suggests anything but the happiness of those who are so proud of their city. there's nothing wrong with liking where you're from, but if you're happy about it there shouldn't be a need to defend it in such a manner.

i think this discussion died a while ago, and anything else coming out of it is purely posturing, which only i have been accused of. while i don't deny that fact, i think it's time for everyone else to realize how absurd most of these exchanges have been. i also call buffalo home. i'm not happy with it right now, though, and considering the current ideas being considered for the future of the statler building, i don't think anyone should be happy right now.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:42 pm 
Superstar Goalie

useful fictions wrote:
but if you're happy about it there shouldn't be a need to defend it in such a manner.

Please, read what you just wrote. It may have been the most retarded thing EVER written on these boards. I mean, pick any thread, any topic, any subforum, and I guarantee you won't find anything as dumb as this.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:25 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

NYIntensity wrote:
useful fictions wrote:
but if you're happy about it there shouldn't be a need to defend it in such a manner.

Please, read what you just wrote. It may have been the most retarded thing EVER written on these boards. I mean, pick any thread, any topic, any subforum, and I guarantee you won't find anything as dumb as this.

So if someone called you a retarded dipshit fuck and you said "no I'm not" and told the guy why, you would be a retarded dipshit fuck. Nice. But oh wait, that only applies to your city. :roll:

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:37 pm 
Captain Dynasty

everyone always hates their current place of residence, opting to move somewhere better. soon enough, the new place stagnates, and eventually, apathy grows for your current home. people desire change.

i can certainly see why people would hate buffalo, i can certainly see why people would love buffalo. if you wanna hate your home, go for it. dont rub it in the noses of those who feel pride calling it home. just like i call detroit home, and im proud to do so. there is a sense of pride of the people who survive in the rust belt. tough as nails, people are.

show some respect for your home.

useful fictions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:54 pm 
Brawler

NYIntensity wrote:
useful fictions wrote:

this and the post following provide clear evidence that you can't be rational when trying to defend this specific issue. if i hadn't said "in such a manner", then i could understand your point. however, i have stated multiple times that i do like buffalo, that i'm not bashing it, and that i just think it's history is unimpressive, or at least less impressive than many buffalonians would make it appear.

so i think you've just exceeded, by way of completely forgetting about what this argument concerned in the first place, what you feel is the dumbest post on these boards. i mean, most of the posts i've seen on this thread surpass any of mine in their irrelevance simply due to the sentiments behind them which are obviously out of disgust and outrage.

what's worse is that, at this point, the argument on this thread is essentially a steaming pile of shit that i fly around without care, noting these comments that are as poorly constructed as they claim mine to be.

stick together, bros. let's all get a beer and watch the game. smoke a bowl, get our dicks wet, because that's all that matters. it's all about machismo, winning, and womanizing. how does that not make you want to kill yourself?

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:17 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

If you can't stand Buffalo, then great. Your choice, you're entitled to it.

However, you decided to inject your negative opinion into this thread. You could have said nothing, but you made the choice to make your opinion known. Others disagreed, and said something about it. You then spewed some trash about how people were WRONG to not share your opinion.

If you can't handle it when people don't agree with you, don't provide your opinions.

Why don't you just leave these boards, and go somewhere else? I think just about everyone here is pretty tired of your woe is me I want to slit my wrists my life sucks schtick.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:21 pm 
Hart Winner

useful fictions
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:41 pm 
Brawler

Squanto wrote:
your woe is me I want to slit my wrists my life sucks schtick.

yes, woe is me. you had me pegged from the start. i'm so emo, as everyone puts it. christ, the scope of understanding on here is as limited as the locker rooms back in high school. i thought that some things changed since then. i know that at least the kids i went to school with can move past old stereotypes. it's just hard to believe that they're being used to pigeonhole specific people and specific posts when the majority feels that it's appropriate.

contrary to what most of you believe, i enjoy a lot of things. i appreciate natural beauty. i love abstractions that include many interpretations. i love being "on the sidelines". it doesn't bother me that, until now, no one on this board thought much of me. it doesn't bother me that most people who take this thread to heart think poorly of me. in fact, it doesn't even bother me that someone had misinterpreted the meaning of my signature earlier in this thread.

i'm just trying to understand why everyone else is having a hard time moving past that in a thread devoted to their beloved city, and focusing on what they claim is negative instead? if you love buffalo, then love it. there's no need to continue this discussion of who's stupid for not liking what or whom, why they're stupid, how annoying they are, or telling them to get some pussy and live life, as if that's what life is about. it's petty. my comments about buffalo have nothing to do with that, and the extension of responses from my comments on buffalo to personal characterizations as a result of them is what makes this thread a complete reversal from the very history that supposedly makes buffalo significant. if that is what buffalo has, that's all it has. when someone can stop acting on the offensive from their defensive stance, then it may be a conversation worth having. until then, i see buffalo as a city marked by the pride of it's citizens, pride that even causes the harm it does to itself.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:54 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

I think we had you pegged pretty good when you made a comment about how you would like to have shown up at an event, but weren't going to because you didn't think anyone wanted to meet you. Total bullshit. I'm sure plenty of us would have liked to buy you a beer or whatever.

Whatever. This is all extraneous nonsense anyhow. You hate this town, the rest of us are proud of it. End of story.

Thanks for driving a positive thread right down into the shitter.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5