It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:38 am 
Star Sniper

ksquier89 wrote:
Does this mean there could be a second Jesus that was chillin' on another planet? Maybe the same one? If there is life would you think they are less or more advanced then us? That then begs the question, have their been visits from another realm? If they are more advanced stands a good chance they developed technology to travel such distances. If they are created in our likeness then the possibility to walk amongst us without us knowing is there as well.

I don't believe anything I just said, kinda. But who fucking knows at this point.

Who cares about all that crap. All I want to know is if there are hotter girls out there.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:47 am 
Star Sniper

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Mostly non-likely to happen.

The way we have advanced our technology and how rare it is to have an asteroid even big enough to potential threaten mankind are slim pickins.

I know they are out there, but most are in the asteroid belt.

There have been plenty of asteroids that hit earth that were capable of wiping out humans, as recently as the one that (probably) wiped out dinosaurs. They just haven't hit since we've been around. Being able to "see" out to other far away planets, even ones that look perfectly comfortable, won't actually confirm life though. Confirming anything requires a soil/water/bio sample. I wouldn't bet on that against the next big rock heading our way.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:08 pm 
Cup Winner

Sabresfansince1980 wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Mostly non-likely to happen.

The way we have advanced our technology and how rare it is to have an asteroid even big enough to potential threaten mankind are slim pickins.

I know they are out there, but most are in the asteroid belt.

There have been plenty of asteroids that hit earth that were capable of wiping out humans, as recently as the one that (probably) wiped out dinosaurs. They just haven't hit since we've been around. Being able to "see" out to other far away planets, even ones that look perfectly comfortable, won't actually confirm life though. Confirming anything requires a soil/water/bio sample. I wouldn't bet on that against the next big rock heading our way.

The last one that hit Earth that caused significant damage, yet killed no one was the Tunguska Asteroid, which actually exploded about 5 miles above the ground.

I just don't think an asteroid of that size and magnitude will hit earth in any of our lives at all.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ksquier89
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:16 pm 
PP Quarterback

I have always been under the impression there is a higher being but that all religions are run by the same guy. So maybe reincarnation is real and so is heaven. Heaven being the planet and reincarnation is the entity you end up becoming.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:33 pm 
Page Side

I love this guy. Probably the greatest philosopher of our time.