Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:28 pm 
Star Sniper

backthatSASSup wrote:
daz28 wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:
Hell, I'd gladly give up ESPN, as I don't even watch it anyhow. (Hypothetically speaking - cuz that isn't a choice..)

Exactly Howie. Why should WNY'ers be ponying up for ESPN when most sports fans here would clearly rather have the Sabres games? ESPN may be more popular elsewhere, but here the Sabres reign supreme. TWC should realize the wants and needs of its customers. Why should $7+/month of our hard earned cash go to feeding some media giant while we sit on our hands watching the national cheerleading championships instead of the Sabres games.

Stu, just so you know it's the same way with NFL Sunday ticket and the Bills. CI or ST have no rights to the local games.

Ehh, I watch more ESPN than I do Sabres hockey and it's not that I don't care about watching the Sabres, I just watch a lot of ESPN for whatever reason. It's not really fair to make a blanket statement like that. I (and many others) don't value MSG as high as ESPN. I can find feeds online since that's all I care to watch on MSG anyway.

Fair enough, but I do believe there are many people in the Sabres market area that value MSG as much as ESPN simply because of Sabres games. I really don't think there would be as big of an uproar if they dropped ESPN. No one really even batted a lash at losing NFL network. As I said before, the customers who aren't sports fans should be the maddest. They flip the bill for all of it, and get nothing.

backthatSASSup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:38 pm 
PP Quarterback

daz28 wrote:
backthatSASSup wrote:
daz28 wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:
Hell, I'd gladly give up ESPN, as I don't even watch it anyhow. (Hypothetically speaking - cuz that isn't a choice..)

Exactly Howie. Why should WNY'ers be ponying up for ESPN when most sports fans here would clearly rather have the Sabres games? ESPN may be more popular elsewhere, but here the Sabres reign supreme. TWC should realize the wants and needs of its customers. Why should $7+/month of our hard earned cash go to feeding some media giant while we sit on our hands watching the national cheerleading championships instead of the Sabres games.

Stu, just so you know it's the same way with NFL Sunday ticket and the Bills. CI or ST have no rights to the local games.

Ehh, I watch more ESPN than I do Sabres hockey and it's not that I don't care about watching the Sabres, I just watch a lot of ESPN for whatever reason. It's not really fair to make a blanket statement like that. I (and many others) don't value MSG as high as ESPN. I can find feeds online since that's all I care to watch on MSG anyway.

Fair enough, but I do believe there are many people in the Sabres market area that value MSG as much as ESPN simply because of Sabres games. I really don't think there would be as big of an uproar if they dropped ESPN. No one really even batted a lash at losing NFL network. As I said before, the customers who aren't sports fans should be the maddest. They flip the bill for all of it, and get nothing.

Ehh, but we'd lose MNF games, college sports game airings, sports news (that isn't hockey, naturally), etc. I have a feeling that we (as in Sabres fans) won't be dealing with MSG much longer. I think Pegula and Black will want to find another outlet. If that's the case, MSG is basically useless in the Buffalo area.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:40 pm 
Star Sniper

MSG serves one purpose; and that is the Sabres games.

MSG's Stan Fischler is painful to listen to. A blowhard who thinks having been a "reporter" for the Rangers over the last 40+ years makes him an expert.

The first thing I ever read from Stan Fischler, back in the day was "I would take Bobby Orr on my team any day; as long as I could have Walt Tkachuk first." Kind of like saying I'd like a Rib-eye steak, but only if I could have a hamburger first...

Good nite Stan. :roll:

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.