It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Stuuuuuuu
 Post subject: Re: The Workout thread 2
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:01 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

OK, here are today's stats:

32:20 total time, 207 calories, average heart rate 120 bpm, maximum heart rate 170 bpm, 10th workout of 9-week program complete.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:54 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I have to wear a diaper cause I poop a little with each situp

PatGreen
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:00 am 
PP Quarterback

i'm 24

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:03 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Anybody else besides me working out today? You gonna let the old man of the group put you to shame?

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:40 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Hahaha well I did just get back from Lowes. I picked up about 300 bucks in lumber and loaded that into my Jeep. My back hurts so it counts as working out.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:07 pm 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

I took the weekend off from lifting, but lifted this afternoon (technically not the whole weekend off I guess) Starting to see some gains, mostly in the forearms and biceps

Squanto 7/27/2010

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:29 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

No EA Cardio today, but I went to the gym. Ran 1.65 miles in 15 minutes. Need to add a third of a mile in 2 onths. Then I did a minor arms/shoulders workout. The big weakness with the EA program is it doesn't really challenge my upper body muscles too much, so I want to do weights and some endurance training on my off days for the Wii.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:45 am 
Superstar Goalie

Girlfriend made me try Zumba with her. I was tired, and it was fun. I'll probably start doing 2 workouts a day; lifting in the morning, and then Zumba/run with her at night.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:45 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Hopefully I'll be able to play a game of hockey with mininal substitutions by April, cause I'm working my cardio harder than I ever have. Phase 1 of my 9 week program is complete.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:08 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Nice job man, keep it up! 2mi today, no timer, but it was 4 songs, so probably still around 15 minutes.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:01 pm 
Superstar Goalie

okay, so I was an athlete for years before my lung collapsed. I have been wanting to get back into shape for a long time now but when I do try I go way to big. I end up getting involved with a program that requires an hour or more a day and i end up getting burnt out on it. I just don't have that kind of time to dedicate to getting in shape right now. I'm looking for a bare bones, simple way to get a little more fit over a two month period. I was thinking a simple plan or daily pushups, situps and a jog every other day. I have turned pretty lazy over the past few years and I won't be able to mentally break that. It will have to be when the workouts start working and I start craving activity. I know it will happen but I need a simple start to get to that point.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:45 pm 
PP Quarterback

i downloaded a couple 20 minutes videos to my xbox so i don't feel strapped for time.

i get up at 430/5 and do it, take a shower, cook 2 eggs, and make my 1 hour commute to work. work for 9-12 hours, drive home- sit in my armchair and sleep. my long day makes it hard to do anything more than 30 minutes or so. i usually walk or run my dog for a mile or two at night, as well. short and sweet.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:58 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I get up with the kids at 6:15, get them ready and out the door to the bus then usually get another half hour of sleep until my youngest gets up. My day is usually errands, appointments, cleaning and cooking. One thing about being a stay at home parent that a lot of people fall into is feeling run down all the time. It's just the same thing day in and day out and you are always at work. I almost never feel like I have enough energy to workout. Once I get the kids in bed at night, after the baths, the homework, reading stories and cleaning up after dinner and the like I can't gather up the energy to workout. I just want to change into sweats and lay on the couch with a beer and a hockey game. I'm always thinking ahead to the chores I have the next day, the things I have to fix, the school work I have to do with the kids or things I need to make appointments for like oil changes, dental exams etc. It blows hahaha. I mean, the family is doing great and things are on lock down but my spare time isn't as fun or worthwhile as it should be or as it needs to be. Ugh.....family life is tough!

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:01 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

You just gotta carve out the time man. In the end, it will be better for your kids to have a happy healthy dad than to have you ignore yourself in caring for them. Maybe get the kids involved in the exercise you try to do.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:44 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Not sure if this may be of interest to anyone, but recently, the Lass and I started doing something that is kind of like combining DailyMile, Weight Watchers and facebook in one. It's called MyFitnessPal and is a downloadable app for your smart phone. Basically, you put in all of your stats; weight etc, add in what your goal weight is and it spits out how many calories you should consume to hit your target weight and how long it should take you to do so. It also has a barcode scanner that you can check to see how many cal/serving/portion size you should have.

I figured why not, so I started tracking everything as of Monday and at the end of the day, for me to drop to the 170 mark, it says I can consume 1740 cal/day and I should hit that within the next month or so. I'm not a big guy by any means and most of my mass is in my legs since I run/play hockey a lot, but I've wanted to trim down to get a little faster when playing hockey and to help get my running back in check for the races I plan on taking part in. Since Monday, I can already notice a difference in my pant size and have found a bit better stride when running. I've also been roughly 200+ under in terms of calories/day when factoring in the cardio that I put in (getting up 30 min earlier in the am and walking the treadmill also helps)

Didn't think I'd be able to stick to it, but when you are tracking what you put into your body and combine it with your workouts, it makes a world of difference! The first couple days are rough, but I found it easy to stay with it. Even if it is just about a week since starting this, energy levels are way up and I don't find myself scrambling for a nap when I get home from work at 5pm. Usually get all the house work done when I'm waiting to digest supper and go for a run.

The Mrs' really likes this also because everything is done by the time she gets home from saving lives :P

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:08 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

This one is falling down the page. How's everyone doing? I'm 5 weeks into the 9-week program, feeling pretty good. Played a game of pickup hockey last week, and it was pretty hard for me. Although I did run 2 miles earlier in that day, so I'd like to see how I'd do fresh. Ran 2 miles in 17 minutes on Sunday. Still need to shave off two minutes in a month, but I think I can do it.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:42 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Come on you creampuffs, get motivated!

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:48 pm 
Superstar Goalie

So I am organizing a team for the Rugged Maniac race. It will be my wife's co-workers and she decided to tell them I was calling them out. Now I have to get into shape. Shit fuck.

Montalo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:31 pm 
PP Quarterback

Displaced Fan wrote:
So I am organizing a team for the Rugged Maniac race. It will be my wife's co-workers and she decided to tell them I was calling them out. Now I have to get into shape. Shit fuck.

that looks fun as all hell. i need to get myself into shape so i can do one of those

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:06 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

What's a Rugged Maniac Race?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next