It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:15 am 
Star Sniper

http://gma.yahoo.com/miss-universe-disq ... -news.html

I know the logic behind both arguments. On one hand DNA says what gender you are no matter how much surgery tries to change it. On the other hand plenty of women have implants and whatever else, so how different should that surgery be viewed as opposed to gender re-assignment surgery?

Well I have another question. Why should surgery be involved in the debate at all? If many contestants have surgery in some form or another in order to enhance themselves somehow, why should we bicker over what type of surgery? After all, gender re-assignment surgery doesn't actually change your gender, it just gives you the appearance of having the parts you want. Hormone therapy tries to push the balance closer to the gender someone prefers, but why should that be a factor in a beauty contest anyway?

What I'm wondering is that if female beauty pageants (a silly farce in it's own right anyway, imo) eventually agree to allow transgender contestants, isn't that a discrimination against men who haven't had surgery but still want to compete? If they allow someone who's had the therapy and surgery, but there's also a cross-dressing man that can doll up really well and look beautiful (after shaving of course), should they not also allow him to compete? Both the transgender and cross-dressing person are still male by DNA. It's supposed to be about beauty anyway, not sex. So as soon as transgender people are allowed, I hope the cross-dressing community raises hell against their discrimination.

These are very deep thoughts to ponder while bored at work. I can't wait for the responses.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:19 am 
Cup Winner

I saw that they banned that "girl" from competing. It's stupid because "she" is a good looking "female"

It's a beauty contest, isn't beauty only portrayed on the outside anyways and not actually whether you have a dick or vagina?

But now I don't know what is real anymore. Are all the very hot tall females actually men?

Some guys are born with two X's though.
Rare, but this person could have very easily been one of those guys.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XX_male_syndrome

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Sabresfansince1980
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:24 am 
Star Sniper

If you're confused about all this male/female stuff, I know a certain street you can pay a small fee in order to figure it out up close and personal, with any combination of male/female attributes you'd like to learn about...lol.

AudSabres
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:37 am 
Superstar Goalie

I'd like to see the official contest rules to see what is considered an acceptable contestant.

If there is anything written in the books that states in order to qualify you must have a vagina, then what is the problem? If it states that said contestant must have been born a female with female DNA and the whole 9 yards, then they have reason to back up their ruling. If, however, that is not in there, this could be one long, drawn out fight in court.

Not offering a “Yay” or “Nay” opinion on this as I try to stay away from these types of discussions, but I would like to see the fine print…

He's a middling AHL player who had the good fortune of a drunk arbitrator. - The Squanto re: Tim Kennedy

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:40 am 
Cup Winner

I think I read that they have to be born a female on yahoo a few days ago when I first heard of this.

I dunno though if it was true or if my memory is shot.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:04 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

The only controversy is she entered the contest knowing full well she was in violation of their "natural born" rule.
And she lied on her application.

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/1 ... -born-rule

Squanto
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:16 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

This really is cut and dry.

- She was born a male.
- She went through hormone and gender reassignment surgery to become female.

Ergo, she was not naturally born a female. The contest rules state you must be a naturally born female. Since she was not, AND she lied on her application about being so, then she deserved to be DQed.

While this might be discrimination against the trans-gendered, Miss Universe Canada _might_ be allowed to do so anyways. Private organizations can make legally discriminatory participation rules if they so choose in the US. ( Boy Scouts of America v. Dale )

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:43 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Dammit this is the second time I have been fooled by a sexy man. :oops: I'll never forget the first time though. :think:

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:11 pm 
Captain Dynasty

I have not seen the actual application to know for sure. However, the applicant was a naturally born female (gender), and since she'd undergone SRS, currently female (sex). If it asked for natural born sex, then yes, she lied.

Montalo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:10 pm 
PP Quarterback

AudSabres wrote:
I'd like to see the official contest rules to see what is considered an acceptable contestant.

If there is anything written in the books that states in order to qualify you must have a vagina, then what is the problem? If it states that said contestant must have been born a female with female DNA and the whole 9 yards, then they have reason to back up their ruling. If, however, that is not in there, this could be one long, drawn out fight in court.

Not offering a “Yay” or “Nay” opinion on this as I try to stay away from these types of discussions, but I would like to see the fine print…

this was the miss black beauty one, but i figure the rules are close

it states "d. You must be a natural born female."

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:29 am 
Star Sniper

Whether you agree or not; it says you must have a vagina - and not a scar.

Pretty clear cut.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:28 am 
Cup Winner

Howie Hodge wrote:

Pretty clear cut.

What if they were getting pounded by an immensely huge dick and caused their vagina to rip, thus causing them to have a scar? :lol:

Is that still allowed then? :lol:

Rud wrote:

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:30 am 
Captain Dynasty

'Natural Born Female' is not clear cut as it does not specify sex or gender.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:34 am 
PP Quarterback

natural born female has a loophole? where?

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:36 am 
Hart Winner

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:

it says female... that's a gender.

Montalo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:26 pm 
PP Quarterback

BlueandYellow wrote:
CriminallyVu1gar wrote:

it says female... that's a gender.

and it is also a sex

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:50 pm 
Superstar Goalie

This isn't a philosophical debate. She wasn't born with a vagina. The rest of the conversation about transgender feelings and identity has nothing to do with it.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:48 pm 
Star Sniper

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Howie Hodge wrote:

Pretty clear cut.

What if they were getting pounded by an immensely huge dick and caused their vagina to rip, thus causing them to have a scar? :lol:

Is that still allowed then? :lol:

They'd still have a vagina; so yes. And perhaps you need to go a little easier on those ladies with your large member.....

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:21 am 
Cup Winner

PatGreen wrote:
natural born female has a loophole? where?

I'm trying to find it too.

Rud wrote:

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:53 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:

It's as clear cut as it gets.

This individual was born with full male reproductive organs. He went through gender reassignment to become female. By any interpretation, this person was not naturally born as a female.

The fact that the pagent even put this question on the application clearly means that the organizers considered the possibility of a transgendered individual applying, and did not want them to be eligible, as is their right as a private organization.* If you could say 'Well, I was born with male reproductive organs and genetics, but I FELT like I was female, so I should be considered female.", then you could just as easily say "Well, I was born white, but I FEEL like I'm black, so I should be considered african american."

She's a transgendered female, and the pagent rules specifically forbid that person from entering. A court of law will determine if the restriction is legal in Canada, but past that nothing 'wrong' was done.

* Assuming they follow a similar stance as the US does.