It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:24 pm 
Star Sniper

"He has not been arrested or charged, but a law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Wednesday that the special prosecutor in the case plans to arrest and charge him. The prosecutor has announced a news conference for 6 p.m. Wednesday, but hasn't said what information she will release."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ques ... 4X2THmetxR

"In many cases, the officers make an arrest and leave it to the courts to work out whether the deadly force is justified. In this case, however, police have said they are confident they did the right thing by not charging Zimmerman."

What I want to know is the explanation of why he wasn't arrested on the spot, like every other case.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:59 pm 
Cup Winner

No one saw anything and only Zimmerman knows the truth, how are you going to convict someone without proof?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:06 pm 
Hart Winner

Exactly. Witnesses heard a fight (didn't some see a fight with Zimmerman on the ground?). NO PROOF FOR CONVICTION

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:35 pm 
Star Sniper

I'm going to take a guess, and say the prosecutor knows more than what we may have heard on the news. I'd also guess that if there was no evidence, there is no way they'd go after 2nd degree murder.

Let's just be glad the wheels of justice are turning, and hope the right outcome is reached. It will probably be a while before all the facts are out. The racial aspect is going to get ugly. That is about the only thing I'm positive of. If this guy had any Mark Furman in him, it will surely come out, and if it does, everyone will clamor that it doesn't prove anything.

I just saw a stat. 130 people have invoked the stand your ground defense, and only 19 have been found guilty. If this law is letting murderers walk, then it's gotta go.

Rutledge222
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:55 pm 
Power Forward

How about that moron from NBC who edited the 911 call? Yeah that wont look good for the prosecutor, cause that edited tape made it seem like Zimmerman was only calling based off of race.

Im gonna go ahead and say Zimmerman doesnt get convicted.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:56 pm 
Hart Winner

daz28 wrote:
I'm going to take a guess, and say the prosecutor knows more than what we may have heard on the news. I'd also guess that if there was no evidence, there is no way they'd go after 2nd degree murder.

Let's just be glad the wheels of justice are turning, and hope the right outcome is reached. It will probably be a while before all the facts are out. The racial aspect is going to get ugly. That is about the only thing I'm positive of. If this guy had any Mark Furman in him, it will surely come out, and if it does, everyone will clamor that it doesn't prove anything.

I just saw a stat. 130 people have invoked the stand your ground defense, and only 19 have been found guilty. If this law is letting murderers walk, then it's gotta go.

How would the prosecutor have big enough evidence to prove this? It was Zimmerman, Martin, and a few witnesses. The witnesses favor Zimmerman, and Zimmerman's story never changed. If there's evidence showing Zimmerman wasn't acting in self defense and just shot him or started an altercation, then yeah, send him to jail. But for now, I don't see any big things that can prove he did it.

And yes, the law is bullshit. It's basically if you're scared, kill whoever you're scared of.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:01 pm 
Cup Winner

I hope they do the right thing, mainly I see it as, no one saw anything except Zimmerman and Trayvon, and one is dead. When it's in that situation, I think it's very hard to prove he murdered him, mainly because he did have signs of physical abuse and altercation on him right now.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Rutledge222
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 pm 
Power Forward

I think the main issue now is that Zimmerman has been portrayed as a racist... everyone has heard about this by now, it will be hard to get a jury without a biased opinion of the situation, so Zimmerman is going to be in for the ride of his life.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:09 pm 
Cup Winner

Rutledge222 wrote:
I think the main issue now is that Zimmerman has been portrayed as a racist... everyone has heard about this by now, it will be hard to get a jury without a biased opinion of the situation, so Zimmerman is going to be in for the ride of his life.

And that is the problem with society.

If the tables were turned I would be willing to bet the race issue would not be taken into effect. His Hispanic anyways.

This is also the deal when criticizing our terrible president. If you don't like him you're racist, not because you think he's an idiot and has done a terrible job.

Rud wrote:

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:13 pm 
Star Sniper

BlueandYellow wrote:
daz28 wrote:

How would the prosecutor have big enough evidence to prove this?

I haven't a clue, but I watched her presser, and she said, "beyond a reasonable doubt". I'm going to guess there's something we don't know. VERY often people have big mouth's that do themselves in. Could be as simple as that.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:16 pm 
Cup Winner

Well the Florida courts let a baby murderer go free, so anything can happen.

Rud wrote:

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:31 am 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Only in America can we protest so much to get someone arrested. If this is the case I want all the heads of government thrown in jail too, they've been killing me for years...

Squanto 7/27/2010

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:29 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Educate yourselves.

Zimmerman admitted to the police that he shot Martin, and is claiming innocence under the self defense statutes.

All the prosecution has to do is prove that Martin wasn't attacking Zimmerman, and he's done. The phone call with the girlfriend is pretty powerful evidence to that end. It shows Zimmerman as the aggressor.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:35 am 
PP Quarterback

Squanto wrote:
All the prosecution has to do is prove that Martin wasn't attacking Zimmerman, and he's done.

well if that was so easy, you'd think that he'd have been arrested by now. i think the phone call has been out as evidence since the beginning, right? it's not easy to prove beyond a reasonable doubt when only ONE side has an active case...Trayvon's lawyers are pretty much bound by witnesses (which i don't think have any credibility, considering the variability in their stories) and existing evidence. All zimmerman's people need to do is assert that he was attacked, and the records of his busted up face prove that as well or better than the phone call proves his guilt.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:02 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

I didn't say it was easy. Just saying that will be the crux of the prosecution since they don't have to prove the shot Martin.

For what it's worth, the phone call from Martin to his girlfriend wasn't in evidence for some time. The police never asked for it based on all reported accounts until the special prosecutor took over.

Again, I'm not implying that this is an 'easy' case at all. Maybe my word choices could have been better.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:08 am 
PP Quarterback

just saw this, thought I'd leave it here.

Trayvon Martin mom Sybrina Fulton on Zimmerman shooting: ‘I believe it was an accident’
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/tra ... 12394.html

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:29 pm 
Star Sniper

PatGreen wrote:
just saw this, thought I'd leave it here.

Trayvon Martin mom Sybrina Fulton on Zimmerman shooting: ‘I believe it was an accident’
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/tra ... 12394.html

You might want to update this:

"George Zimmerman stalked my son and murdered him in cold blood,"

Her comments will have no bearing on the trial, and are basically irrelevant anyways.

PatGreen wrote:
All zimmerman's people need to do is assert that he was attacked, and the records of his busted up face prove that as well or better than the phone call proves his guilt.

I don't see how in ANY way having a mark on your face PROVES who initiated an attack.

As I already stated, the prosecutor knows more than we do. I'd be surprised if she puts her office's reputation on the line with no evidence, and opens them up to litigation, which would have some grounds, because of the delay in an arrest. They were, however appointed the case, and did need time to gather their evidence.

Last edited by daz28 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:48 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Um, fix your quote please. I didn't say that.

daz28
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:09 pm 
Star Sniper

Squanto wrote:
Um, fix your quote please. I didn't say that.

Aye.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:20 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Thank you sir.