It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:58 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I saw the movie yesterday, and thought it was amazing. I was afraid that it would be like any other "Star-packed" film, where each major player is fighting for screen time, and it wasn't like that at all.

My favorite two scenes:
When Iron Man gives Hawkeye a lift to the top of the building and says something like "Better clench up, Legalos", and when the Hulk and Loki are in Stark tower, and Loki yells at Hulk to stop, and then Hulk just smashes the ever living shit out him, and Loki lets out that sissy little groan.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:45 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

it was a great movie. the pacing was a little off to me (really lulled in the middle) but the action at the end and "breakout" were fantastic

now for thoughts.
Black widow was borderline useless and was pretty much there for eye candy (and what good candy it was).
The worst part of the movie was the "Black Widow/Hawkeye" moment.
Coulson dieing was depressing. I was really hoping that it was an LMD
Hulk seemed rather "monkey-ish" but it was great to see him put down the flying worm/snake thing with a couple punches.
Hulks "last punch" on Thor and him throwing around Loki were great!

The extras during/after the credits were good. Thanos being the villain in Avengers 2 gives me and idea about how they are going to work the trilogy and the food scene at the very end i found funny

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:18 am 
Superstar Goalie

I didn't see the food scene...I only stayed long enough for Thanos.
I agree, Black Window was useless, and I too was upset that Coulson died. Though they never showed his dead body...
I also noticed that Hulk had a bit of a knuckle-dragging persona that wasn't there before, but I love the way he was presented as actually being able to control himself..."I'm always angry".

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 3:48 pm 
Superstar Goalie

haven't seen it. made you look.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:42 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Displaced Fan wrote:
haven't seen it. made you look.

:clap:

PatGreen
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:43 am 
PP Quarterback

NYIntensity wrote:
My favorite two scenes:
When Iron Man gives Hawkeye a lift to the top of the building and says something like "Better clench up, Legalos", and when the Hulk and Loki are in Stark tower, and Loki yells at Hulk to stop, and then Hulk just smashes the ever living shit out him, and Loki lets out that sissy little groan.

oh man, when hulk flopped him over and over interrupting that asshole primadonna speech...i lost it.

Wozniak wrote:
it was a great movie. the pacing was a little off to me (really lulled in the middle) but the action at the end and "breakout" were fantastic

now for thoughts.
Black widow was borderline useless and was pretty much there for eye candy (and what good candy it was).
Hulk seemed rather "monkey-ish" but it was great to see him put down the flying worm/snake thing with a couple punches.

The extras during/after the credits were good. Thanos being the villain in Avengers 2 gives me and idea about how they are going to work the trilogy and the food scene at the very end i found funny

i thought hawkeye and black widow played the role they should...they're always second fiddle.

personal thoughts:
it was brilliant the way they kept so much humor in it and how the whole movie seemed so organic. unbelievable plot featuring Loki- they really did a great job writing the movie as Loki would scheme a plot. stark's one liners were even better than in iron man 1 and holy crap is mark ruffalo an INCREDIBLE banner and hulk. I thought ed norton did a great job, and I was sad he wasn't coming back, but this couldn't have been better.

so much badass in one film. even as a marvel fanboy and stuff, i can't think of ONE SINGLE thing i didn't like about the movie.

the only things I would have liked better is a burial scene for coulson at the end with all of the avengers present and leaving when captain america walks up to the casket and the camera zooms out as he's walking away and you can see the autographed trading cards.

the second thing is that i wish cap had taken back his earlier comment about tony stark not being a hero. just after he ordered the portal closed, assuming iron man had sacrificed himself (which he, for all intents and purposes, did- he was passed out before he even started falling back down through the portal) to save the planet, cap should have said "i was wrong tony stark...you are a hero".

the very last thing is related to this...where was the gravity that caused iron man to fall back through the portal? maybe there was some sort of pressure change that created a draft that had enough force to seem like gravity. dunno. minor detail that actually doesn't bother me because of the complexity and unknown of wormholes

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:12 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i had never even heard of this movie till today, when i saw an ad for it. then i saw robert downie jr was in it. pass.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:41 pm 
Superstar Goalie

something offensive about irony

PatGreen
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:53 pm 
PP Quarterback

I have no opinion on RJD otherwise...but the man IS tony stark. 100% brought to life from the comics. It's pretty incredible.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:41 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Agreed. There is no other person who would come close, IMO.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:22 am 
Franchise Defenseman

PatGreen wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
My favorite two scenes:

oh man, when hulk flopped him over and over interrupting that asshole primadonna speech...i lost it.

Wozniak wrote:

now for thoughts.

i thought hawkeye and black widow played the role they should...they're always second fiddle.

personal thoughts:
it was brilliant the way they kept so much humor in it and how the whole movie seemed so organic. unbelievable plot featuring Loki- they really did a great job writing the movie as Loki would scheme a plot. stark's one liners were even better than in iron man 1 and holy crap is mark ruffalo an INCREDIBLE banner and hulk. I thought ed norton did a great job, and I was sad he wasn't coming back, but this couldn't have been better.

so much badass in one film. even as a marvel fanboy and stuff, i can't think of ONE SINGLE thing i didn't like about the movie.

the only things I would have liked better is a burial scene for coulson at the end with all of the avengers present and leaving when captain america walks up to the casket and the camera zooms out as he's walking away and you can see the autographed trading cards.

the second thing is that i wish cap had taken back his earlier comment about tony stark not being a hero. just after he ordered the portal closed, assuming iron man had sacrificed himself (which he, for all intents and purposes, did- he was passed out before he even started falling back down through the portal) to save the planet, cap should have said "i was wrong tony stark...you are a hero".

the very last thing is related to this...where was the gravity that caused iron man to fall back through the portal? maybe there was some sort of pressure change that created a draft that had enough force to seem like gravity. dunno. minor detail that actually doesn't bother me because of the complexity and unknown of wormholes

i don't think Coulson is dead. you never actually see him dead. he looses consciousness and the EMTs arrive. Later you hear from Fury that he died. unless i see the bastard laid out i don't think hes dead.

I started thinking about this when Coulson went to get Stark and Stark mentioned the LMDs which I think Coulson used. I really doubt that an agent of Coulsons caliber, even with that gun, would take on Loki without some kind of plan. Plus his death solidified the team and got them to work together. Fury lied about the cards, it would be well within his character to lie about the death.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 pm 
Cup Winner

Wozniak wrote:
PatGreen wrote:
NYIntensity wrote:
My favorite two scenes:

Wozniak wrote:

now for thoughts.

personal thoughts:

i don't think Coulson is dead. you never actually see him dead. he looses consciousness and the EMTs arrive. Later you hear from Fury that he died. unless i see the bastard laid out i don't think hes dead.

I started thinking about this when Coulson went to get Stark and Stark mentioned the LMDs which I think Coulson used. I really doubt that an agent of Coulsons caliber, even with that gun, would take on Loki without some kind of plan. Plus his death solidified the team and got them to work together. Fury lied about the cards, it would be well within his character to lie about the death.

My friend said he never let out his last breath that people do when they die so he can't be dead.

But it was an awesome movie, best line in the whole thing was when Stark asked Banner how he stays calm.
"You really have got a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed? "

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:39 pm 
Captain Dynasty

NYIntensity wrote:
something offensive about irony

:(

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:28 pm 
Superstar Goalie

lol, you know I'm just teasing you

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:02 am 
Captain Dynasty

i cried. for days.

no, i know. i just REALLY dislike RDJ.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:12 am 
Superstar Goalie

I was really indifferent towards him, and pretty much remain so, outside of his role as Iron Man.