It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

fly as hale
 Post subject: Computer help...please!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:29 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Hey, so I know a bunch of you are computer savvy, so I'm hoping you can help me out with this!

I just bought a Kanex iAdapt mini port adapter to connect my MacBook Pro (version 10.7.3, bought in late 2011) to my HDTV. The images show up great on my TV, but the sound is not playing. I went to System Preferences->Sound->Output->My TV, yet the sound is still playing out of my MacBook's speakers. I find it odd that my laptop is recognizing my TV as a preference to play the sound out of, but it's not doing it. If it makes a difference, I own an Insignia TV, but my MacBook is reading it as a Samsung. Does anyone know what the issue might be and how I can fix it? It's driving me crazy!

Hockey Night in Buffalo

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:12 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Buy a PC ;)

Wow. First time I've ever been able to use that. Squanto and XC may be able to help you...I despise Macs.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:38 pm 
Mrs. Miller

NYIntensity wrote:
Buy a PC ;)

Wow. First time I've ever been able to use that. Squanto and XC may be able to help you...I despise Macs.

NEVAAAAA!!!

I think I'm just going to get some RCA cables and hook them up to my headphone jack if I can figure it out...

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Squanto
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:08 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

The only time I worked with one of those DP to HDMI adapters, it worked using the steps as you described. I can try and find the time to see if I can figure something out for you.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:18 pm 
Sober enough to run a server

I've got a DP to HDMI adapter at home but it doesn't do audio, so I've got no experience with that.
sorry :/

fly as hale
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:33 pm 
Mrs. Miller

Thanks guys...I think it might be TV actually. I think I'm going to try the RCA cables and see if it works that way.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:43 pm 
Cup Winner

I'm sure you've messed with your TV settings already, possibly need to adjust sound input from HDMI with TV?

Unfortunately, I do not have an HDTV to connect my MacBook to so I offer no assistance at all.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:28 am 
Mrs. Miller

Well I know you're all dying to know if I figured this out... I bought RCA cables to plug into my headphone port, and for some random reason the sound just started working before I even plugged in the cables! My computer even automatically switched the sound settings as soon as I plugged inthe HDMI cable. Gotta love technology...

Hockey Night in Buffalo

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:41 pm 
Superstar Goalie

fly as hale wrote:
Well I know you're all dying to know if I figured this out... I bought RCA cables to plug into my headphone port, and for some random reason the sound just started working before I even plugged in the cables! My computer even automatically switched the sound settings as soon as I plugged inthe HDMI cable. Gotta love technology...

Just marking this in my book; the next time you come with a question, I'm going to ask you if you've rebooted 3 times ;)

fly as hale
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 am 
Mrs. Miller

NYIntensity wrote:
Just marking this in my book; the next time you come with a question, I'm going to ask you if you've rebooted 3 times ;)

:D

Hockey Night in Buffalo