It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:30 am 
Cup Winner

mechaphil wrote:
Helene Elliott (Kings beat writer) is reporting Center Ice will cost 4 payments of $14.99 this year.

When I asked about GCL pricing, Jo Innes (Backhand Shelf blogger) said the prevailing rumor is it'll be free. I don't buy that, but who knows.

I really hope that rumor is true about GCL.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:12 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I'm in the process of adding Center Ice and the price I've been quoted is $49.99. But they haven't been able to complete my order yet. Still, I'm pretty sure we're looking at 50 bucks.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:26 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Update: I was told there's a free preview as always. It goes until the end of the month, and I can't buy the package until th preview is over. But it is 50 bucks.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:46 pm 
Superstar Goalie

what cable company?

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:55 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Comcast, but I don't think that should matter since, as stated earlier, I believe it's inDemand that sets the price.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:08 pm 
Cup Winner

Looks like GCL will be 50 bucks for the year. Ends up being a hair over a dollar a game.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 am 
Sober enough to run a server

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Update: I was told there's a free preview as always. It goes until the end of the month, and I can't buy the package until th preview is over. But it is 50 bucks.

If, for once, the Sabres home MSG feed is available in HD over Center Ice I'd consider $50 a pretty good deal.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:07 am 
PP Quarterback

Since GCL is only 50$ and available in Europe I'm thinking about buying it.

Does anyone know if the playoffs are included in the 50$ deal? (I only found a forum post about it)

Has anyone ever cancelled the automated season renewal? It says I have to call a hotline in the US (no way of knowing ho much that costs from Europe) to cancel it, otherwise I automatically buy the next season. Does anyone know if that is true?

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:27 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Don't know about renewal toothpick, but I know playoffs are not included in Center Ice because the broadcasting networks change (mainly on NBC networks in playoffs). So I'd guess no playoffs in GCL.

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:32 pm 

Stuuuuuuu wrote:
Don't know about renewal toothpick, but I know playoffs are not included in Center Ice because the broadcasting networks change (mainly on NBC networks in playoffs). So I'd guess no playoffs in GCL.

Yeah, if you're out of the local broadcast area, getting coverage of the first round can be spotty, but from the second round on, they are all pretty much covered by NBC, NBC sports or NHL network. (I would think it would be pretty easy to find streams of that)

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:50 pm 
PP Quarterback

Crosscheck wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:

Yeah, if you're out of the local broadcast area, getting coverage of the first round can be spotty, but from the second round on, they are all pretty much covered by NBC, NBC sports or NHL network. (I would think it would be pretty easy to find streams of that)

Hmmm, now the question for me is, does GCL show the playoff games for Europeans, since the coverage of NBC etc. doesn't matter here?

I thinking about asking the online customer support, but I don't really trust information by customer support (no offens to anybody who works in customer support).

EDIT: Finding streams was never really a problem for me, but it would be nice to watch in a better quality and with the PS3 app I wouldn't even need to hook up my laptop with the TV....and 50$ (38€) isn't much especially if playoff games are included).

Crosscheck
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:43 pm 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html

Quote:
Because the entirety of the NHL playoffs in the U.S. are now broadcast via NBC's networks, all subscriptions for Center Ice and GameCenter Live will include just the regular season.
(For our friends overseas who have been able to watch the playoffs in the past, contact GameCenter support to confirm whether or not the postseason is included.)

So if you DO get the playoffs, it'll only be because you're in Europe...we don't get it over here.

sabretoothpick
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:04 pm 
PP Quarterback

Crosscheck wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/much-nhl-center-ice-gamecenter-live-cost-2013-222800253--nhl.html

Quote:
Because the entirety of the NHL playoffs in the U.S. are now broadcast via NBC's networks, all subscriptions for Center Ice and GameCenter Live will include just the regular season.
(For our friends overseas who have been able to watch the playoffs in the past, contact GameCenter support to confirm whether or not the postseason is included.)

So if you DO get the playoffs, it'll only be because you're in Europe...we don't get it over here.

Thanks. Didn't see that. For once it would be better to be a NHL fan in Europe. Although everyone can watch NBC in the US, so it doesn't really matter.

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:58 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Crosscheck wrote:
Stuuuuuuu wrote:

If, for once, the Sabres home MSG feed is available in HD over Center Ice I'd consider $50 a pretty good deal.

As skyline said, it's a buck a game. After paying just over two bucks per game for the last four years or so, I'll take it, even if I have to watch the oppositions' broadcasts.