It was okay 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Underwhelmed 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
WHAT THE FUCK 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
PatGreen
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:14 am 
PP Quarterback

Spill it. What'd you think?

Did you read the Extremis arc in the comics? WHAT SAY YOU?!

PatGreen
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:24 am 
PP Quarterback

If i look at it from a purely movie standpoint, it was pretty good. My only issue as far as that goes is that I didn't like empowering Pepper so much at the end.

From a comic standpoint, I haven't really had any issues with the marvel movies so far, this is the first time. I don't like that they changed the extremis virus so much. I HATE how they gave pepper extremis but not tony. They left that door open though ("I fixed Pepper...and I tinkered a little"). I don't really like the suits seemed to be made of plastic and held together by spit at the end. Why did they turn the mandarin and the ten rings into nothing? That's like the Joker being a guy who steals kid's birthday cakes. Mandarin and the 10 rings are Iron Man's biggest enemy.

I really like what they did with Happy, i think that was a good way to keep him around. I really liked Yinsen coming back and Stan's cameo. I really liked Tony's dynamic with the little kid. I also really liked that they replaced the alcoholism issues with anxiety- that was clever and i think very beneficial. however, the movie end resolves his issues and i don't see how.

I liked that Tony was pretty good without his suit but it was probably a little over the top as far as how he took out so many security guards. I don't think that even in the comics his out of suit combat skills are that high. I guess he did a good job using weapons that would probably mitigate that issue.

The after credits scene crushed it. I like Stark/Banner's rapport.

Overall, there were A LOT OF EXPLOSIONS. which i'm normally totally on board with. but there wasn't enough straight ass-kicking. i like ass kicking a lot better.

Wozniak
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:30 am 
Franchise Defenseman

PatGreen wrote:
If i look at it from a purely movie standpoint, it was pretty good. My only issue as far as that goes is that I didn't like empowering Pepper so much at the end.

From a comic standpoint, I haven't really had any issues with the marvel movies so far, this is the first time. I don't like that they changed the extremis virus so much. I HATE how they gave pepper extremis but not tony. They left that door open though ("I fixed Pepper...and I tinkered a little"). I don't really like the suits seemed to be made of plastic and held together by spit at the end. Why did they turn the mandarin and the ten rings into nothing? That's like the Joker being a guy who steals kid's birthday cakes. Mandarin and the 10 rings are Iron Man's biggest enemy.

I really like what they did with Happy, i think that was a good way to keep him around. I really liked Yinsen coming back and Stan's cameo. I really liked Tony's dynamic with the little kid. I also really liked that they replaced the alcoholism issues with anxiety- that was clever and i think very beneficial. however, the movie end resolves his issues and i don't see how.

I liked that Tony was pretty good without his suit but it was probably a little over the top as far as how he took out so many security guards. I don't think that even in the comics his out of suit combat skills are that high. I guess he did a good job using weapons that would probably mitigate that issue.

The after credits scene crushed it. I like Stark/Banner's rapport.

Overall, there were A LOT OF EXPLOSIONS. which i'm normally totally on board with. but there wasn't enough straight ass-kicking. i like ass kicking a lot better.

i agree with just about everything you said. The way they did the Mandarin was terrible. I didnt necessarily mind having him be a face for AIM but i hated that he was so oblivious to everything that was being attributed to him. It would have been better if he was on board with the terrorism and playing both sides (sounds a lot like obadiah stanes angle in the the first one) but had Killian pulling the strings.

...and were we suppose to care when Maya died? cause i didnt...

"That wasn't very nice...I do believe you killed my hat."

Driver of the FIRE LINDY RUFF Bandwagon since 2008.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:33 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Actually, Luthor stole cakes.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:14 am 
PP Quarterback

mechaphil wrote:
Actually, Luthor stole cakes.

wat

ksquier89
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:01 am