It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:05 am 
Garbage Man

In Jan 2013 I finally had the time to start a hockey website I've been thinking of building for a few years now. The site's purpose is to follow and track hockey prospects from Western New York (Rochester/Buffalo area) that are playing CHL, NCAA D1, Junior A or New England Prep School hockey so that hockey fans from this area of the state have a place to go to learn about the increasing amount of talented hockey players from the area and where they are playing. I'm fairly competent with computers and have used a free Wordpress Theme (Graphene) to develop what I see as the first iteration of the website. I have zero programming knowledge or background but the Wordpress format allows even the most novice of users to design a "fairly" decent site. My problem is, now that I've got about 80% of the information I would like up on the site, I'm now looking to see what I can do to bring the layout and design of the website up a notch and make it look more professional. The problem is I don't know where to begin. I was looking to see if anyone could point me in the right direction or to provide any advice or opinions they can. In case you want to see how the site is currently designed it's at

http://www.wnyhockeyprospects.com

Also, I hope this post doesn't violate the forum rules. If it does, I apologize and I mean no harm and please take it down. I'm just lost and looking for some help.