It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Nuthatch
 Post subject: Re: Been a bit
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:45 pm 
Penalty Killer

I'm trying to remember the advice I've heard/seen over the years... Keep a journal & record EVERYHING. All the offers you make/things you do, and all that she does. Keep notes of witnesses who will back you up. She can't cut you out of the bank account- she has to support the kids. She can't cut off your medical/dental insurance. Make sure you get a lawyer who specializes in military divorces- don't get snowed by someone who says they aren't any different. There's a lot of crap that is specific to the military and an unschooled lawyer can really get you hosed. Set everything in writing; her word is no good. Stick to your obligations and make note of how she handles hers.

((hugs)) to you on being a better parent than she is. Stick to it- the kids need you to be 'normal' for them.

Oh, and don't bad-mouth her. But if she says crap about you, write it down & see if you've got witnesses. Keep printouts of emails & text messages!

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:56 am 
Superstar Goalie

Sup everyone! Update time. Still in Virginia and trudging through the custody shite. I have full temp custody but waiting on the final showdown in court. It's been nuts. I'm desperately trying to find work that will pay for day care and be enough when combined with child support to pay the bills and feed mouths but it is fracking hard as fuck. Sobriety is strong. Just got back from a weekend AA campfire conference which was sweet. Haven't touched a drop in 15 months....pretty damn crazy considering I'm from a small town in upstate NY hahahaha! So aside from my butt hole being as puckered as it can be because of the stress I'm surviving and moving on. Go Sabres.

Squanto
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:50 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

So I'm late to the party as usual, but just wanted to say good work man. Keep on plugging.