It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:45 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

In this years upcoming draft, would it make sense to draft (assuming he is there whenever we pick) Colt McCoy to run our pathetic offense? He is a career 75% completion QB that would be able to learn the 'system' for a year or so until Edwards contract runs out and then step in and do... something for our offense. By then our line should suck less. Or do you/us forumites feel that he's just another college "system" quarterback? Thoughts?

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

icehound
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:46 pm 
Star Sniper

Sam Bradford.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:50 pm 
Star Sniper

^What him said......

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:53 pm 
Cup Winner

I don't think a QB is our problem.

Go ahead and bash me, but Edwards is more than capable of running the offense fine. we need to address stopping the run before we try and do anything with our offense, we also need to update our line before we deal with QB.

Remember JP Losman had amazing College stats also.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:03 pm 
Star Sniper

Only if Colt McCoy buys the team from Wilson.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:09 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

McCoy or Bradford, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOT TIM MOTHERFUCKING TEBOW

icehound
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:15 pm 
Star Sniper

Tebow is a living, walking myth - A product of the media and the SEC and University of Florida.

Hell, they've already got him enshrined at Canton, and the fucker hasn't taken a snap in the NFL - Lotsa bullshit expectations placed on the kid: Another Steve Spurrier (remember his career with the Creamsicles?) - Another Ryan Leaf.

A soon-to-be-total-fuck-up-meltdown-dud.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:40 pm 
Cup Winner

icehound wrote:
Tebow is a living, walking myth - A product of the media and the SEC and University of Florida.

Hell, they've already got him enshrined at Canton, and the fucker hasn't taken a snap in the NFL - Lotsa bullshit expectations placed on the kid: Another Steve Spurrier (remember his career with the Creamsicles?) - Another Ryan Leaf.

A soon-to-be-total-fuck-up-meltdown-dud.

I doubt that, take a look at the stats he has put up in College, and isn't Florida one of the school's best modeled after NFL style of play anyways?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:07 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Tebow is a product of the team around him. He doesn't have an NFL skill-set. 'Nuff said.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:09 am 
Cup Winner

mechaphil wrote:
Tebow is a product of the team around him. He doesn't have an NFL skill-set. 'Nuff said.

I don't watch College, but it seems like he could have it, judging on stats alone.

Rud wrote:

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:13 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

From what I have seen of him, he's like a Michael Vick-type, only he elects to scamper all over the field when he isn't passing to one of his infinitely more-talented-than-he-is receivers. His team makes him look better than he is.

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:18 am 
Star Sniper

No. The SEC and Florida, and Florida State and Miami do NOT play a West Coast Offense...not at all.

And THAT is the predominant style in the NFL.

Besides which, the players in the NFL are the cream of the cream of the cream. They ain't no little "spark plugs" who come flashing out of some bohunk high-school.

They're the biggest, the fastest, the nastiest players left, after everyone else is shaved away.

They're the most mercenary survivors.

Tebow will end up another Brady Quinn...he was God's gift, too. Wasn't he?

Another Akili Smith, or Seneca Wallace, or Carson Palmer, Jim Druckenmiller, Tim Couch, Cade McNown.

He plays for a stacked program, in a "haves-and-have-nots" conference...and other than his "inspirational" personality, has shown no aptitude to suffer any tough attack, or put up any consistently brilliant play.

Hello, Mark Sanchez....good while you lasted. Where's Testaverde, when you need him?

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:19 am 
Star Sniper

For all the negatives about Tebow, one thing he is is a football player. A blood and guts, tough as nails, rock solid football player. He may not become a star NFL QB, but I'd sure as hell like a guy like him on my team. He could be a hardass fullback, tightend, a Wildcat QB, a special teams terror, a pass rushing end, and who knows what else.

Dude is a manster, and any team that gets him will be glad they did.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:31 am 
Star Sniper

Tebow might make it as a really good tight end. Maybe.

He doesn't have the arm, the poise (to face an NFL blitz) nor the foot-speed (to be another Vick or Vince Young or Steve McNair)...He's the "flavor du jour" in a relatively shallow QB draft.

He may become another Dallas Clark or Wes Welker or a Camarillo-type WR...But, he doesn't have enough smarts or poise or discipline to be another Peyton.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:34 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I'm curious as to what LeFevour has been up to since putting up two - TWO - six TD games earlier this season. Like the rest of the world, I just don't follow the MAC.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:40 am 
Star Sniper

icehound wrote:
Tebow might make it as a really good tight end. Maybe.

He doesn't have the arm, the poise (to face an NFL blitz) nor the foot-speed (to be another Vick or Vince Young or Steve McNair)...He's the "flavor du jour" in a relatively shallow QB draft.

He may become another Dallas Clark or Wes Welker or a Camarillo-type WR...But, he doesn't have enough smarts or poise or discipline to be another Peyton.

Wes Welker type? Doesn't have poise or smarts? I beg top differ on both counts. I've seen almost every game he's played, and trust me, he is no little guy slot receiver, and if there is one thing he possesses as a player is poise. He'll be the last guy to panic, and he's essentially a player/coach for the Gators at this point.

What he is is a leader, a winner and a warrior. He's about 265 lbs of brute force, who can run, pass, tackle, and bring a level of intensity rarely seen in the game today.

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:44 am 
Star Sniper

k. sez u - sez me. no argument.

whatever. let's see what he can do.

To be fair, it also depends on the team that drafts him - He goes to Oakland or Detroit....He's damaged goods and quite fucked.

My two.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:48 am 
Star Sniper

I think the biggest risk that comes with Tebow is if a team drafts him to be a standard dropback QB. It will not work.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:51 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

End The Curse wrote:
I think the biggest risk that comes with Tebow is if a team drafts him to be a standard dropback QB. It will not work.

This is where the Tebow Bandwagon will come to a fiery end...some team is going to draft him with hopes of him being Gridiron Jesus, and they're just going to plunk him behind center with a new set of three-step drop plays.

The only team in the league who has a set-up that Tebow can thrive in is the 'Fins, but there's no way they're gonna finish high enough (or he'll drop low enough) in the draft to take him. If it does happen, though, watch the fuck out, NFL.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:07 am 
Captain Dynasty

colt mccoy simply isnt that good.