It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:04 am 
Cup Winner

Displaced Fan wrote:
I think the shittiest thing is that I haven't watched the Bills on a regular basis since they lost the fourth Bowl and I don't see that changing after giving them a chance again with this game. Reminded me too much of being let down year after year as a young teen. I'll stick with the Sabres thank you.

So you can watch 82 games of let downs also?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:04 am 
Star Sniper

icehound wrote:
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
But, what happened was that the Bills were essentially a bunch of cocky motherfuckers, who couldn't keep their dicks in their pants, and lost four straight Super Bowls because they started partying the night BEFORE they ever won the fucking game.

And may your God strike me dead if I'm wrong. They lost because they thought their shit didn't stink, and they came out and played below their capacity.

You are 100% correct, at least as far as the 1st loss is concerned. I was out the night before the Super Bowl in Tampa that year, at an upscale strip club, and at about 3am Odoms, Bennett, Thomas and Talley were all out drunk and partying.

I even offered "good luck, we're all counting on you guys to kick their ass," to Bennett, but he looked at me like I was a total piece of shit, scoffed, and blew me off. Talley, to his credit, jumped in and saved me from total humiliation by shaking my hand, thanking me for being a fan, and giving me an arm around the shoulder letting me know he aprreciated my support.

This is definitely the reason they lost...partying, arrogant fucks blowing their chance at greatness.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:05 am 
icehound wrote:
...for four consecutive Super Bowl appearances, the majority of the Buffalo Bills' roster hit the field still hungover, high, or too coked-up to play.

That's why they lost four consecutive Super Bowls.

Not disagreeing but I am curious as to how you're privy to the inside scoop. I mean the majority? Who's your informant....Norwood? :?

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:08 am 
Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:
I think the shittiest thing is that I haven't watched the Bills on a regular basis since they lost the fourth Bowl and I don't see that changing after giving them a chance again with this game. Reminded me too much of being let down year after year as a young teen. I'll stick with the Sabres thank you.

So you can watch 82 games of let downs also?

At least I know what I'm getting. :dance:

icehound
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:17 am 
Star Sniper

It was an open secret around town, that the Bills loved to fuck around - Everyone knew it, but as long as they were winning, people kept feeding them free booze and drugs and girls...they were celebrities. And they were winners.

Well, guess what. These same people watched them implode when they couldn't break the spiral of partying - Carrying it right up to the last, most important game of the season.

For four fucking seasons. They were all notorious womanizers and coke-users. And folks thought it was cute and cavalier....until they lost.

Then they lost again. And again. And again.

Hell. It's Buffalo legend they way they fucked up - But, no one likes to talk about it because of Hunter's Hope, and the Wall of Fame, and the Football Hall of Fame inductions.

In retrospect they've been made out to be saints and heroes - They were simply serious douchebags, looking for a hometown handout.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:24 am 
:handgestures-salute: First time I ever heard of it. Not saying it isn't true but to use that as why they lost four superbowls seems ridiculous. I mean they got to the bowl doing whatever things they were doing but they lost the big one so it must have been that? It sucked and I still hate it but that seems like a pretty broad blanket statement to say the majority of the team were all hungover, high and too coked up to play in the Super Bowl all four years.

Edit: don't people research before they make smilies? You don't salute with your left hand. :lol:

Squanto
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:28 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Sabres2Sabres wrote:
I still don't see how it was Jauron's fault this time. I'm sure he told Leodis to run and fumble, right?

The coaching seemed solid tonight. Yeah, we still have a few areas to work on - especially not taking penalties (ahem, Bell), but it's week 1 and if they work on their mistakes they have a lot going for them.

I want a coach that shows just a LITTLE bit of emotion. I want a coach that COACHES. Every game I've been to or seen on TV, Dicky Poo is just STANDING there. He's not talking on the headset, he's not talking to players, he's not getting pissed off and yelling at someone. Nothing. No emotion, nothing.

I want him to know when you can trust a player to make decisions, and when you need to walk over and tell him exactly what to do. I want a coach that's involved in the game. Not one that just happens to have a good sear.

All the coaching mistakes come back to Jauron. He's the head coach. If other coaches are fucking up, he hired them. He has to take the responsibility for their mistakes.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:05 am 
Star Sniper

End The Curse wrote:
BTW, the exact same score that Dallas beat us by two years ago... :twisted: :twisted:

Forgot to add the Cleveland game last year...

Oh, and remember that time NE beat us on "Hail Mary" interference in the endzone back in '91? That was beautiful, too.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

SABRESAllTheWay
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:26 am 
MegaDouche

When will enough be enough? Man i was pissed last night.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:39 am 
Star Sniper

Correction above, the Interference Loss to the Patriots was in '98 not '91.

icehound
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:35 am 
Star Sniper

Displaced Fan wrote:
Not disagreeing but I am curious as to how you're privy to the inside scoop. I mean the majority? Who's your informant....Norwood? :?

I was in my early thirties, at the time - One knows people: support staff, media, cameramen, limo drivers, electricians, beat-writers, caterers, medical staff...People one lives near, works with, socializes with, says "hi" to...There's a grapevine, just like in any other city on planet earth.

I can't put an exact number on how many players were "under the weather" for the four Super Bowl appearances. But, I can say for certain that the core players who embraced a particular lifestyle also displayed a consistent level of brazeness and contempt for the gravity of the situation.

They were definitely seen "out on the town" the evenings before all four games, and were witnessed to behave "erratically" before, during the course of, and after all four games...

Draw your own conclusions. Imagine the '86 Mets, and what they were capable of - Then, realize that it's all too possible to have occurred locally, with the level of celebrity enjoyed by the Bills of the early '90's.

One can witness current players displaying the same level of arrogance; seen downtown (both the Bills and Sabres) on any given weekend. Today. This year. Kelly and Company were not unique, in that respect.

It was just less publicized, in those days - No internet. No cell-phones. No Twitter. But, people still talked.

Many were firsthand observers and many more others knew about it.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:49 am 
Star Sniper

The fact McKelvin brought it out of the end zone I can live with; he may have thought he had to at that time.

The fact he tried to pick up a couple extra yards - thus causing a situation where a fumble was caused, I have a problem with.

Lost opportunity.

Just because we hung in this game does not mean I am looking at us as being any better than six wins.

The fact we showed some heart, and competence in our offensive play calling does mean there may be some hope of a decent season.

It makes next week interesting, to say the least.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Wyohomeboy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:50 am 
Power Forward

Last night was classic Bill's football - find some way to lose. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I was busy painting and didn't turn the game on until the last five minutes. I couldn't believe what transpired in front of my eyes, but I guess I should expect it by now. What a way to start the season..Crap!

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:05 am 
Star Sniper

One had only need spend some time on Elmwood in the early - mid ninetees to see what Ice is talking about with the excessive night life. The list of squeeky clean players was a much shorter list on that team.....

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:09 am 
icehound wrote:
Displaced Fan wrote:

I was in my early thirties, at the time - One knows people: support staff, media, cameramen, limo drivers, electricians, beat-writers, caterers, medical staff...People one lives near, works with, socializes with, says "hi" to...There's a grapevine, just like in any other city on planet earth.

I can't put an exact number on how many players were "under the weather" for the four Super Bowl appearances. But, I can say for certain that the core players who embraced a particular lifestyle also displayed a consistent level of brazeness and contempt for the gravity of the situation.

They were definitely seen "out on the town" the evenings before all four games, and were witnessed to behave "erratically" before, during the course of, and after all four games...

Draw your own conclusions. Imagine the '86 Mets, and what they were capable of - Then, realize that it's all too possible to have occurred locally, with the level of celebrity enjoyed by the Bills of the early '90's.

One can witness current players displaying the same level of arrogance; seen downtown (both the Bills and Sabres) on any given weekend. Today. This year. Kelly and Company were not unique, in that respect.

It was just less publicized, in those days - No internet. No cell-phones. No Twitter. But, people still talked.

Many were firsthand observers and many more others knew about it.

I understand, plus I was just thinking more about how to get laid for the first time when they were losing the Bowls. :lol: I don't doubt they were a bunch of douches that lived like kings and played like devils, and all of that could have very well contributed. I just think it's a big leap to say that was the defining reason each Super Bowl. But either way, truce Ice. I like your comments on hockey which is what I enjoy more anyhow...Hahaha! Let's just hope that the Sabres make us happy this year! :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

TRBirdman
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:53 am 
Brawler

Leodis running it out was kinda bad, but moreso, you gotta know that they're going after the freakin' ball!

Wrap it up both arms, stay low, plow forward, and go down. Don't be showing the biscuit to everyone, spinning and flinging limbs everywhere, opening yourself up. It's really not that complicated.

And I hate the Prevent Defense! :x Why abandon a successful scheme? Isn't all that's needed is just a little more caution and awareness by the safeties? The Bills were dead as soon as they showed Brady, "We're really scared now, so don't worry. We'll let you score, but just more slowly."

Ice's subtle evaluation and gentle coaching techniques are beautiful. Our guys do not have the fear of God in them. Recall the tripping penalty on the Patriots' veteran tackle . . . Slobichick yanked him for a rookie on the very next play.

(Disclaimer: This post is for entertainment value only. Birdy is rather stoopid and nothing he thinks is to be taken seriously.)

Los9090
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:29 pm 
Superstar Goalie

I hope the Jets defense destroys Brady next week.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:34 pm 
Star Sniper

Los9090 wrote:
I hope the Jets defense destroys Brady next week.

Eww...a Jets fan! :puke-huge:

Actually, as long as you're a Sabres fan I could care less.

PuckSniperPensel
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:43 pm 
Page Side

I've never been a fan of football. I never follow the NFL. I actually don't know much about the game at all.

Last night, I decided I was going to get into football. I had 3 friends over; all giants fans; and we watched the game.

I was going nuts cheering on the Bills. They looked pretty good for much of the game. Brady and the Pats had some long drives on offense, but as long as the Bills kept forcing them to start on the 20 or further, they had plenty of time to get the stop.

Then everything crumbled.

If that game last night is what being a Bills fan entails; I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to handle it. Haha

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:44 pm 
PuckSniperPensel wrote:
If that game last night is what being a Bills fan entails; I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to handle it. Haha

That's EXACTLY what being a Bills fan feels like. Just imagine if you really liked them and that's what you got.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next