It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:06 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

For anyone who thinks I'm endorsing this jackass, I'm only hoping for some schadenfreude. Accosting the man about a ridiculously shitty decision (which I do endorse) is completely different than up and trashing someone's lawn.

I still think it's funny. If there was a death threat, hell no, I wouldn't think it was funny. But someone tagged his lawn, telling him to take a knee. And I do think that is funny.

Carry on.

Sneaky E
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:58 am 
Garbage Man

^^ I agree with Phil. It's funny. It sucks for him, but once again it is reiterated that this is a sports town with a drinking problem, and I'm sure both were equal players in the outcome of the vandalism.

Squanto
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:49 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

It's not funny, it's not even mildly amusing. It's an invasion of McKelvin's privacy and property. I don't give a shit if he's a public figure or not. You don't fuck with another person's property.

Boo the guy all you want. Call radio stations and bitch about him. Yell at him if you see him at Wegmans. I have no problem if people want to do that.

But someone's home and property is OFF LIMITS.

Los9090
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:53 am 
Superstar Goalie

I guess it could have been worse, bricks through the window, spray paint on the house.

TRBirdman
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:47 am 
Brawler

I'm having trouble seeing even the most passionate and hated fanbases in other cities doing this. (That's excluding European soccer fans, who shoot and torture players that screw up.)

I've always thought of Buffalo fans as being above this kind of crap.

It's mind-numbing that some people think that they are entitled, or it's funny or okay, to say or do whatever they want whenever they feel wronged or slighted. Some people need to grow up and discover self-control and respect for others.

Now I'm all sad and angry to start my day. :cry: :x

SchonyGal
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:03 am 
Franchise Defenseman

:doh: Jim Rome on ESPN radio just spent ten minutes talking about this. "That's why athletes don't want to play in small towns." Let's just say it wasn't pretty. Chalk up another black eye for Buffalo :(

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:07 am 
Star Sniper

Rome is a douchebag.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:08 am 
Star Sniper

...wait, let's play the race-card on this...yeah. Let's blow this up into a big fucking deal!

Okay, some moron acted stupidly/criminally. Let's blame all of Buffalo, for it. Hell, let's blame every small town in North America.

Let's blame the White Man for co-opting the Game of Football from some lost tribe in Africa, or the Amazon Basin, or the Steppes of Asia...

That's right. Let's find someone to point a fucking finger of blame at.

Gimme a fuckin' break. If it were anyone else, the cops would say "We'll look into it." And that would be fucking that. Case closed.

Sheeesh.

Displaced Fan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:33 am 
First off vandalizing someones house isn't cool to say the least. That being said it shows me a lot about how hard losing year after year has been to the fans of Buffalo. That doesn't excuse what happened to his house but it is a sad observation.

Now if it were Brett Hulls' yard..... :whistle:

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:02 pm 
Power Forward

the latest i heard what was painted on the lawn was the final score and a penis....lol....i have to laugh b/c i do think it is kind of funny....it could have been alot worse like a previous poster said - brick through the window, etc...this harmless spray painted can simply be mowed off when the grass grows longer.......as long as no racism was a painted...no harm no foul

Tyler Myers - Future captain of the Buffalo Sabres, and future Norris Trophy Winner

Manning the machine gun on the Tyler Myers Bandwagon - just in case any teams have an idea of prying him away from us (3 GM's shot already)

Connolly/Roy - 2 goals in the last 47 playoff games

MakinItLookMean
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:04 pm 
Power Forward

Displaced Fan wrote:
First off vandalizing someones house isn't cool to say the least. That being said it shows me a lot about how hard losing year after year has been to the fans of Buffalo. That doesn't excuse what happened to his house but it is a sad observation.

Now if it were Brett Hulls' yard..... :whistle:

not brett hull's yard....but the ref who allowed the goal

Tyler Myers - Future captain of the Buffalo Sabres, and future Norris Trophy Winner

Manning the machine gun on the Tyler Myers Bandwagon - just in case any teams have an idea of prying him away from us (3 GM's shot already)

Connolly/Roy - 2 goals in the last 47 playoff games

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:24 pm 
Cup Winner

Who cares if he was a public figure or not, vandalism could always turn into something worse. you have to fear for the safety of the players. Taylor got shot in the leg and killed because someone broke into his house.

Never venture onto someone elses property and vandalize it.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

nnyfan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:57 pm 
Textbook Grinder

End The Curse wrote:
Rome is a douchebag.

OMG...I so agree...I can't stand to listen to him.

On the other hand....Regarding the disaster on Monday night...

If McKelvin hadn't fumbled the ball, we would have been at least ten yards further than if he'd kneed it in the endzone or maybe ran in in for a touchdown and we all would have just been saying "Phew!" or 'OH, YEAH!' It was stupid because the only thing he needed to do was waste time, but he must have seen a hole he thought he could run through and had 'hero' on the mind. Bad judgement, but he must have thought he could make it.

The kids with the spray paint are an embarrassment to Bills fandom and Buffalo.

mrkwllb
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:14 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

whom ever did this crossed the line. McKelvin fucked up, it's done, it's over, let's move on.

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:20 pm 
Garbage Man

http://www.wgr550.com/On-McKelvin--vand ... ry/5232261

http://www.wgr550.com/Two-Teenage-Suspe ... lv/5232651

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:02 pm 
Captain Dynasty

SchonyGal wrote:
:doh: Jim Rome on ESPN radio just spent ten minutes talking about this. "That's why athletes don't want to play in small towns." Let's just say it wasn't pretty. Chalk up another black eye for Buffalo :(

Yeah, so did Cowherd.

I have to say this though. Buffalo has been kicked so many times by luck, officiating and circumstance it's ridiculous. And that doesn't even take into account the countless jokes about buffalo being poor, ghetto, and a shitty place to live.

And people are surprised to find that the general state of Buffalonians is "really pissed off?" Um...duh...

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:10 pm 
Star Sniper

...so it turns out to be two stupid teen vandals...

Does this mean that all of WNY still has to go to counselling, send representatives to reveal their inner-souls, to a panel of national experts, on a "Town Hall" edition of MSNBC - Then issue a tear-filled apology to the American Public, followed by cathartic sobbing and group-hugging?

...or can we just get on with life?

Yeah...I thought so. Thanx. Overreact much?

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:14 pm 
Captain Dynasty

icehound wrote:
...so it turns out to be two stupid teen vandals...

Does this mean that all of WNY still has to go to counselling, send representatives to reveal their inner-souls, to a panel of national experts, on a "Town Hall" edition of MSNBC - Then issue a tear-filled apology to the American Public, followed by cathartic sobbing and group-hugging?

...or can we just get on with life?

Yeah...I thought so. Thanx. Overreact much?

Why won't you think of the children?

fly as hale
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:33 pm 
Mrs. Miller

End The Curse wrote:
Rome is a douchebag.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:10 pm 
Star Sniper

Two sixteen year olds. Probably scared shitless right now.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next