It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:45 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Almost as amazing as his public speaking!

Los9090
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:00 pm 
Superstar Goalie

JD1970 wrote:
icehound wrote:
JD1970 wrote:
I think these kids should be suspended for 3 games, and then given a new rich contract.

Hey...If McKelvin has a good game on Sunday, maybe they should be hired on full-time...to paint all the other players' lawns.

Personally I think they should have hit Jauron's house. But he probably wouldn't have even noticed.

Very true

Markus
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 pm 
Power Forward

End The Curse wrote:
Markus wrote:
I really don't want to sound like an asshole here, and I know i'm going to take heat for it...but...

With this guy's intelligence level, i'm not so sure he deserves that lawn in the first place.

Not saying it was right exactly...but if Karma ever applied to anything, that lawn would not be his.

If there is one thing I cannot stand, it is people that give interviews like they grew up in a damn padded cell.

Dumbest fucking post since Sabrejunkie was invented. Just because he's an illiterate dumbfuck from the hood means he doesn't have the right to own a home with a lawn? Sorry, but because he's a professional athlete with plenty of money he can buy many houses with giant lawns if he chooses. In fact, if we apply your reasoning, just for typing something so stupid YOU shouldn't be allowed to have a lawn.

Chill, bro. I said don't make a big deal about it.

Mike Vick deserves millions?

Where does that end?

Clearly, Mckelvin never was truly schooled. As a football player, you can do anything to get passed. You can even attend a high end school and still not know that a football game can indeed end in a tie.

I don't know if it was drugs that warped this kid's brain, or not, but it had to be something.

The world isn't perfect, guys. Not everyone, especially not McKelvin deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Just because someone can do something, doesn't mean they should.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:21 am 
Star Sniper

It's supply and demand. A defensive back of his ability, atypical intelligence and all; is still more desirable than would be you or I.

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:41 am 
Mrs. Miller

Markus wrote:

Where does that end?

Clearly, Mckelvin never was truly schooled. As a football player, you can do anything to get passed. You can even attend a high end school and still not know that a football game can indeed end in a tie.

I don't know if it was drugs that warped this kid's brain, or not, but it had to be something.

The world isn't perfect, guys. Not everyone, especially not McKelvin deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, but what does him not being smart have anything to do with whether or not he deserves to own a home and have it be vandalized? I'm not seeing the correlation.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:55 am 
Garbage Man

Markus wrote:
End The Curse wrote:
Markus wrote:
I really don't want to sound like an asshole here, and I know i'm going to take heat for it...but...

With this guy's intelligence level, i'm not so sure he deserves that lawn in the first place.

Not saying it was right exactly...but if Karma ever applied to anything, that lawn would not be his.

If there is one thing I cannot stand, it is people that give interviews like they grew up in a damn padded cell.

Dumbest fucking post since Sabrejunkie was invented. Just because he's an illiterate dumbfuck from the hood means he doesn't have the right to own a home with a lawn? Sorry, but because he's a professional athlete with plenty of money he can buy many houses with giant lawns if he chooses. In fact, if we apply your reasoning, just for typing something so stupid YOU shouldn't be allowed to have a lawn.

Where does that end?

someone not being as intelligent as others doesn't mean they are a bad person. You don't have to be schooled to be talented or make a life for yourself. From what I hear, the guy is a great teammate in the locker room and he is always nice enough to do interviews for people. It's not like he's a criminal or something, he has just as many rights as you and I.

He is still a very good football player, he just fucked up big time on one big play. Yea it pissed me off at the time but there are so many worse things in the world. It definitely wasn't something that warranted trespassing on his property and vandalizing his lawn.

ItsMe
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:56 pm 
Penalty Killer

Scud Norwood was intelligent.........

What does amaze me is the mentality to act really dumb. Seems a fad or something. There are some very intelligent people out there, in all walks of life, who put on a dumb-ass act for attention, or a statement, or because it is cool to be a dumb fuck, I dont know. Unless we know someone, isnt it an invasion to judge?

And perhaps the decision to press charges stemmed from a desire to send a message to the kids. Maybe a punishment was to mow the lawn...and maybe the decision to again not press charges stemmed from some unknown issue....we dont know and never will most likely.

Putting all that aside.....FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:14 pm 
Garbage Man

apparently the report that he was gonna press charges was never true. So McKelvin was never going to press any charges. Those kids got lucky though. My mom's boss knows of the one kid involved and apparently this kid gets into trouble on a consistent basis. I also found out that McKelvin lives in a neighborhood right by my old middle school. It's a very nice neighborhood, big houses, the whole shabang. It was awesome to see the reception he got from the fans today at the Ralph though. The greatness of our fanbase shone through.

SchonyGal
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:52 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Markus wrote:
I really don't want to sound like an asshole here, and I know i'm going to take heat for it..

Then maybe you should not post shit you know will bring on the heat? I will reiterate this is a closed forum (by invite only) and the Mods here will not take any shit.

Markus, I'm not using you as THE example, I'm just backtracking in the thread to where it started. I will also give you the benefit of the doubt because most of your posts here have been :handgestures-thumbupleft:

refer to Melly's sig and Mine - the link to here is not to be posted anywhere.

Squanto
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:17 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

Markus wrote:

I still don't get your point. So McKelvin (and many other professional athletes) are dumb as rocks. Some sports, by their very nature, don't take a degree in particle physics. Some are talented intellectually, some are talented physically.

Why shouldn't a person take advantage of their God given gifts? God gave Leodis a gift of athleticism. In this day and age, there is a market that pays those people a LOT of money. Good for him. He's not out on the streets, he's not getting arrested.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but you really sound like an ignorant asshole.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:20 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Well, we won today? Wooooo...

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:33 pm 
Cup Winner

So just because many famous musicians dropped out of high school they do not deserve to be famous and have made millions either?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

icehound
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:05 am 
Star Sniper

Iz dis thredd asks 2 b kloze?

Dibz 4 mee.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:06 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

My vote is let it go. I REALLY want to see what comes next.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:13 am 
Star Sniper

Someone is in for a rude awakening if they hold to the belief that financial reward strictly comes to those who posess higher levels of intelligence, or work the hardest.

There are celebrities that are dumb as rocks, but are mainstream. They offer little, but reap financial rewards. Or they are born into wealth. Brittany Spears, Jessica Simpson, Paris Hilton, and a few others come to mind.... (I have edited this to add that they do offfer others the opportunity to profit from promoting them.)

There are those who posess nothing other than having been in the right place at the right time, such as Jon and Whatever the hell her name is with the eight kids.

Get over it......

nnyfan
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:10 pm 
Textbook Grinder

motzie12ak wrote:
apparently the report that he was gonna press charges was never true. So McKelvin was never going to press any charges. Those kids got lucky though. My mom's boss knows of the one kid involved and apparently this kid gets into trouble on a consistent basis. I also found out that McKelvin lives in a neighborhood right by my old middle school. It's a very nice neighborhood, big houses, the whole shabang. It was awesome to see the reception he got from the fans today at the Ralph though. The greatness of our fanbase shone through.

I agree, Motz. It was nice to see the support he got from the rest of the fans. It was good for Buffalo, too, after the bad press last week.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:58 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

So, how about Donte Whitner getting robbed during yesterday's game...when he had a fucking 76-yard pick-six. WTF!

fly as hale
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:36 am 
Mrs. Miller

mechaphil wrote:
So, how about Donte Whitner getting robbed during yesterday's game...when he had a fucking 76-yard pick-six. WTF!

What the fuck is wrong with people...

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:16 am 
Star Sniper

fly as hale wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

What the fuck is wrong with people...

Someone had to know about the jewelry to target it. I suspect it was some of Donte's "friends" that went after his bling.