It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

BS1970
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:46 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Wanna talk about only the Bills? Put it in here.

Image Image
We truly are not worthy of Miller!

BS1970
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:48 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

I just heard that Poz is gonna be out for half the season with his arm injury, and Schobel isn't practicing because of his sore back.

What's with the Bills and always getting bitten by the injury bug.

Image Image
We truly are not worthy of Miller!

JD1970
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:48 pm 
7th Defenseman

Did Jauron get fired yet :?:

icehound
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:39 pm 
Star Sniper

JD1970 wrote:
Did Jauron get fired yet :?:

You wish..matter of fact, so do I...so does the rest of Buffalo.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:59 pm 
Cup Winner

Can we please get a coach with some balls?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:28 pm 
Captain Dynasty

BS1970 wrote:
I just heard that Poz is gonna be out for half the season with his arm injury, and Schobel isn't practicing because of his sore back.

What's with the Bills and always getting bitten by the injury bug.

I heard Schobel practiced today.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:34 pm 
Cup Winner

I hope Poz's arm injury can be played with.

Two arm injuries in two years or three?

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:47 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

I support Alex's idea - April for head coach.

icehound
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:51 pm 
Star Sniper

Bobby April, FTW.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:59 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

If they promoted Bobby April after firing Jarhead (like it would ever happen)...one, I head hug Alex, and two, I would actually think about season tickets.

icehound
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:20 pm 
Star Sniper

mechaphil wrote:
If they promoted Bobby April after firing Jarhead (like it would ever happen)...one, I head hug Alex, and two, I would actually think about season tickets.

Word.

April demands the best, and gets it from his "X-Men" (special teams) - He fosters responsibility, intelligence, effort and excellence, on his squad.

He is a brilliant tactician, who relies on discipline, committment and team-play, to achieve outstanding results.

I honestly think the Rams made a very big (Uuuuuuge-uh) mistake in firing him, and believe he should be given his own team.

He reminds me a great deal of JoPa, in the way he motivates, inspires and encourages players toward a winning attitude.

He's a hard-worker and a born winner.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:22 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Alex's logic is sound, in regards to April - his knowledge is very specific and would go about hiring top-flight talent for his assistants and coordinators and then leave them alone to do their jobs.

I'd love to see him commanding the team on a game-winning drive, with his fearlessness in making decisions and taking risks. A go-for-broke no-huddle offense would thrive under a creative, demanding mind like April's

mrkwllb
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:36 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

I'm looking forward to Sunday's game. If Tony Romo can throw for 300+ yards against the Bucs then Trent should be able to hit Evans and T.O.! And I'm look forward to see Jackson tear it up.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:43 pm 
Captain Dynasty

mechaphil wrote:
Alex's logic is sound, in regards to April - his knowledge is very specific and would go about hiring top-flight talent for his assistants and coordinators and then leave them alone to do their jobs.

I'd love to see him commanding the team on a game-winning drive, with his fearlessness in making decisions and taking risks. A go-for-broke no-huddle offense would thrive under a creative, demanding mind like April's

Truth, one of the worst things a coach can do is meddle with his coordinators. It NEVER works. EVER.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:54 pm 
Cup Winner

icehound wrote:
mechaphil wrote:

Word.

April demands the best, and gets it from his "X-Men" (special teams) - He fosters responsibility, intelligence, effort and excellence, on his squad.

He is a brilliant tactician, who relies on discipline, committment and team-play, to achieve outstanding results.

I honestly think the Rams made a very big (Uuuuuuge-uh) mistake in firing him, and believe he should be given his own team.

He reminds me a great deal of JoPa, in the way he motivates, inspires and encourages players toward a winning attitude.

He's a hard-worker and a born winner.
So is it really Jauron's fault that McKelvin ran the football, shouldn't April get the blame for not telling him to take a knee? April runs the special teams, and the special teams is what fumbled the ball away.

Blame the head coach but not the coordinator in charge of that specific section of team. Jauron is more of an overseer, he oversees the coordinator's jobs and really just keeps a team together, he doesn't really run a football team, it's his assistants that do. Blame them for failed playcalling, not taking knees in the endzone, playing the prevent.

Rud wrote:

mrkwllb
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:58 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

Quote:
So is it really Jauron's fault that McKelvin ran the football, shouldn't April get the blame for not telling him to take a knee?

truthfully. No April shouldn't be blame for McKelvin not kneeling. That was all McKelvin trying to be a hero.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:02 pm 
Cup Winner

mrkwllb wrote:
Quote:
So is it really Jauron's fault that McKelvin ran the football, shouldn't April get the blame for not telling him to take a knee?

truthfully. No April shouldn't be blame for McKelvin not kneeling. That was all McKelvin trying to be a hero.

But people were yelling at Jauron for not being a good coach on that situation, but Bobby April is the one who really coaches that unit, so any blame on any coach should be put on April, not Dick Jauron.

Rud wrote:

mechaphil
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:03 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

That is true, but there should be no blame slung at any of the coaches - that was purely Mumbles trying to be a superstar instead of a team player.

icehound
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:12 pm 
Star Sniper

If McKelvin decided to run it back , solo - It's Jauron's problem, because he runs the team and needs to stress his wishes, his strategy, on any given play - through the chain of command.

If It was run back, it was Jauron's call, no matter how one looks at it - The failure to say: "Under no circumstances is that kid to try to run it back." would have been the failure to deliver the definitive "order" to play conservatively. Which is what should have been done...

If April said: "Coach, I think we can run it back..." and Jauron said: "Whatever..." or "Sure, Bobby, let's run it back!" - It would have still been Jauron's judgment...

Either way, the head-coach has the final say - Which means that the play, as it was executed (right or wrong) was Jauron's call - To Jauron's credit, or his liability, as a coach.

Pretty cut and dried. REAL coaches take responsibility for each and every decision made on their watch. Whether they choose to participate in the decision, or not.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:03 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The one thing I will say is that Jauron is looking VERY smart for telling Schonert to go take a hike.