It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
End The Curse
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:31 pm 
Star Sniper

icehound wrote:
...or switch Marshawn to a traditional "Alstott" type deep-back - Straight, original, power-running, up-the-middle fullback...no blocking, no receiving.

No, Alstott was a much, much better receiver than Stone Hands Lynch.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

fly as hale
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:03 am 
Mrs. Miller

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
I think he will be out for about 5-6 weeks on this one, not season ending, but could just be a bad sprain. Hard to tell if it was his knee or ankle, because the ankle bent around, but it could be in the knee and not ankle.

If it is ankle he'll be back, knee might be gone for the season.

That was definitely a knee injury. Yikes...just cringing thinking about that replay.

Hockey Night in Buffalo

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:04 am 
Cup Winner

End The Curse wrote:
icehound wrote:
...or switch Marshawn to a traditional "Alstott" type deep-back - Straight, original, power-running, up-the-middle fullback...no blocking, no receiving.

No, Alstott was a much, much better receiver than Stone Hands Lynch.

I've seen plenty of Lynch catches.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

mrkwllb
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:02 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

An okay game yesterday. The Good, Fred Jackson make you want to say Marshawn who? The Bad, the offense seemed to take two quarter off, three players where injured. The Ugly, T.O. celebrating on the sidelines after his TD. I found him yelling "Let's go T.O.!" classless. Some will say that's what the crowd was chanting, but I heard "Let's go Buffalo!" Which if T.O. wants to prove that he's a team player that's what he should of been chanting. But of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:19 pm 
Cup Winner

mrkwllb wrote:
An okay game yesterday. The Good, Fred Jackson make you want to say Marshawn who? The Bad, the offense seemed to take two quarter off, three players where injured. The Ugly, T.O. celebrating on the sidelines after his TD. I found him yelling "Let's go T.O.!" classless. Some will say that's what the crowd was chanting, but I heard "Let's go Buffalo!" Which if T.O. wants to prove that he's a team player that's what he should of been chanting. But of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

He was saying just Lets Go, I didn't see him say TO.

And football is always about momentum, we lost it but gained it back. This isn't a take a shift off like hockey or crap, sometimes you just can't complete a pass or their defense really stepped it up.

Football you don't take a quarter off, you simply can't, sometimes you just can't move the ball that set of downs.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:22 pm 
Captain Dynasty

TO has been nothing short of being a great teammate thusfar. He could have bitched after game 1 for not getting the ball, but he's kept his mouth shut. I think he's very appreciative that they're looking to him on some deep routes, and quite simply, he makes the bills passing game much much better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10