It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

sabresindc
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:36 pm 
Captain Clutch

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2009-09-24-terrell-owens-cover_N.htm

Quote:
"Yeah, that is always going to be a knock," he says. "And I think it's very unfortunate. Since leaving Philadelphia, I kind of felt like I left those two teams prematurely. Only because of how the media spins, you know, they misinterpreted something I said."

Easy answer, keep your mouth shut!!!!

It's a phrase that basically means, if you wanna see the Sabres at the top, turn the rankings.

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:07 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Meh.

Terrell Owens is somewhat of a narcissist, based not on the times the media have jumped on him for essentially no reason but on his attitude... But I don't really care, and I do believe that I side with him on this and hope that he is successful in only speaking to the media when necessary.

Quote:
Last week, a couple of days after the Monday night loss, Owens said, "Trent has to better assess what he's seeing out there and take some shots down the field."

Owens got grilled on national talk shows, but some writers who cover the Bills locally thought Owens was on target. "I could see where he says he is misunderstood," says John Wawrow of the Associated Press in Buffalo.

Edwards did take shots downfield in last week's win, including TDs to Owens and Lee Evans.

"If they are constantly nitpicking about everything I say in an interview, and they make it into a story, I know I'm playing with a young quarterback," Owens says. "I'm not coming here trying to mess up a quarterback-receiver relationship. Now, he sees and he hears and he reads that stuff. Who knows what he's thinking?"

If Owens is guilty at times of speaking too honestly, he says that comes of growing up with a strict grandmother who impressed on him the importance of always speaking his mind.

Owens has never shown up on a police blotter.

"I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't do none of that. I drink sociably, if I do drink, you know, and I get home safely. … You are never going to see me out there beating up on no girl. No domestic violence, no nothing. No sketchy incidents … that's never going to be me. And I already know if that was me that would be like the end of me. It would be the end. And I know the first thing a lot of people (would say), 'I knew this day was going to come, been waiting on it.' "

....Pretty much.

They do love to ask the man for his opinion and then jump all over him when he gives a response, purely because the media adore creating a caricature for everyone, essentially, and then making everything they say fit into that mold, presenting it one way or another, taking things out of context and suggesting things in voice-overs. They need that story because that is what they have told the public TO is and they cannot go back on that (they never admit their wrongs; think of the Duke lacrosse rape case; no apologies there, or to anyone else they've done that to), so they ask the questions and then demonize the man when he answers honestly. It's not as though they haven't done this to most people, either; it's not like this is unique to TO, because they do it to everybody. Media manipulation of the populace is fascinating. They are only ever positive about their own, when it comes to people. I would love to take a media class eventually...

ANYWAY.

‎"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Khalil Gibran

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:22 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Well the media HAS been all over him. If he talks, he's an asshole. If he doesn't he's a Prima Donna. Lose-Lose.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:51 pm 
Star Sniper

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
Well the media HAS been all over him. If he talks, he's an asshole. If he doesn't he's a Prima Donna. Lose-Lose.

Attempted suicides are his only vice. :naughty:

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

JD1970
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:51 pm 
7th Defenseman

sabresindc wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2009-09-24-terrell-owens-cover_N.htm

Quote:
"Yeah, that is always going to be a knock," he says. "And I think it's very unfortunate. Since leaving Philadelphia, I kind of felt like I left those two teams prematurely. Only because of how the media spins, you know, they misinterpreted something I said."

Easy answer, keep your mouth shut!!!!

He can't...the NFL ordered him to talk with the media.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:56 pm 
Star Sniper

"Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood."

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:00 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Howie Hodge wrote:
"Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood."

The Buffalo media is being a giant bag of dicks trying to goad him and start shit. He's been fine in his press conferences.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:01 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

I've done a 180 on TO. It's so painfully obvious how starved the national sports media will trash anything he says or doesn't say. I actually kinda feel for the guy. He's no saint, but he makes a good point.

The guy shows up, works hard, and calls it like he sees it. What's so wrong with that?

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:04 pm 
Captain Dynasty

Squanto wrote:
I've done a 180 on TO. It's so painfully obvious how starved the national sports media will trash anything he says or doesn't say. I actually kinda feel for the guy. He's no saint, but he makes a good point.

The guy shows up, works hard, and calls it like he sees it. What's so wrong with that?

His last press conference, he was the most professional person in the room...by a long shot.

Squanto
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:25 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
His last press conference, he was the most professional person in the room...by a long shot.

Fucking A RIGHT.

acrossthelines
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:40 pm 
Superstar Goalie

Squanto wrote:

I can't even tell you how many people I've done 180's on.

NO MORE. After about the fifth one, I started giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and doing research on everyone before making judgment calls, and oh boy, is it interesting how wrong SO many people are, and it's not even their fault, to an extent.

Media. :naughty:

‎"Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."
-Khalil Gibran

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:24 am 
Superstar Goalie

Here's a good article. TO basically says 'FUCK YOU' to the reporters :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4514831

icehound
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:33 am 
Star Sniper

I love it how a media-whore like T.O. (or Britney Spears, or Lindsay Lohan, or other such lower life-forms) are always griping about how they have no privacy, or are misinterpreted; all the while inviting the entire planet to view the contents of their refrigerators and the disposition of their undergarments...

Hypocritical assholes.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:37 pm 
Captain Dynasty

A lot of the onus on TO is Donovan McNabb being a douchebag.