It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:42 am 
Star Sniper

Pink fucking cleats? Are you fucking kidding me? Raising money for worthy causes is wonderful, but don't cherry pick one specific strain of one terrible disease and force feed it to the masses with a fucking uniform fashion statement.

I don't want to see uniforms "going green" to save the fucking earth, "going pink" for breast cancer, putting "red ribbons" up their asses for AIDS, or sewing a hard dick on their jerseys for erectile dysfunction.

Fuck...enough is enough. Stop the fucking preaching and bring awareness to your cause without the fucking sensationalism and fashion statements. I'm done with every cause célèbre turning into a fucking uniform symbol of "awareness"; just play the fucking sport and cut the shit already.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:53 am 
Star Sniper

No argument here.

Melly317
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:56 am 
Power Forward

That's definately going a bit far, I didn't even know they make pink cleats for men. Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to sew a pink ribbon patch to their jerseys.

TRBirdman
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:52 am 
Brawler

What ETC said so eloquently. :shock:

I too am rather tired of being bombarded by "causes".

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:51 pm 
Captain Dynasty

breast cancer sucks, but isnt there other types of cancer they could raise awareness to? i think ETC said this too. you dont hear jack about testicular cancer.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:12 pm 
Cup Winner

Well with them showing awareness to one particular cancer at least the brest cancer death rates have been dropping annually.

So it's doing something, and quit fucking bitching about it. Beacause they want to raise awareness for one type of cancer, it raises awareness to all the fucking types of cancer.

Pink is a highly noticeable color, so they use it, it will help save more lives than not.

Shut the fuck up and quit bitching about it ETC, I'm glad they actually are trying to do something about cancer.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

End The Curse
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:34 pm 
Star Sniper

Skyline_BNR34 wrote:
Well with them showing awareness to one particular cancer at least the brest cancer death rates have been dropping annually.

So it's doing something, and quit fucking bitching about it. Beacause they want to raise awareness for one type of cancer, it raises awareness to all the fucking types of cancer.

Pink is a highly noticeable color, so they use it, it will help save more lives than not.

Shut the fuck up and quit bitching about it ETC, I'm glad they actually are trying to do something about cancer.

You like it? Great, then go put on your own fucking pink dress, shove an AIDS ribbon up your ass, and put a fucking green bow in your fucking hair if it gives you pleasure, but don't tell me to shut the fuck up when I am making the point that sensationalizing the cause by turning it into a uniform gimmick is a fucking inappropriate mockery, and at the same time disrespecting and ignoring the infinite number of other fucking causes that are at least as deserving, if not more, of funding and exposure.

How about actually raising money through legitimate means? Do we need a fucking ribbon or shoe or bow for every cause on some jock's ass? You think those fucking pink shoes are going to help cure cancer? You're a dumbshit. Now, feel free to shut the fuck up anytime now, junior, because you're a waste of bandwidth as far as I'm concerned.

Have a great day.

Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, 'cause I get better looking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh lord, it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:39 pm 
Cup Winner

The reason I was so pissed about your douche bag comment is because I had someone die who was very close to me from Cancer.

I don't fucking care how they spread awareness, as long as their doing it, and that is why I hate it when people like you bitch and complain about over whoring shit which is for good causes.

I would be glad to put on a pink fucking dress to spread awareness about breast cancer, because like I said, it spreads awareness to every type of cancer out there also.

And saying those uniforms do not raise money is a fucking lie, they raise well over thousand's of dollars every time they play a game with those on. It helps fund the shit to try and find a cure for cancer.

You are just a waste of breath for all I care buddy, you're a fucking douche bag who has no respect for what people are actually trying to do to try and help out people with cancer.

I'll tell you to shut the fuck up whenever I want you fucking douche bag.

And I want to add, I have a friend who's mom has breast cancer and is going through treatment right now. And I would hate for her to have to lose her mother at the age of 17.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

Last edited by Skyline_BNR34 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:43 pm 
Superstar Goalie

ETC - you're wrong. And I'm not going to get into an internet dick-swinging contest, but you're dead fucking wrong. Something obviously tipped you over the edge, but think about the research that's been done. Yeah, I'm sick of the "save the earth" shit - governments have much more control of how a LOT of waste can be disposed of, but don't want to spend the money. I am not; however, at all sick of the breast cancer awareness and fund raising. The donations people make SAVE LIVES.

You want to cry about a pink ribbon? Imagine your mom with breast cancer, then tell her you don't support the cause. Or tell her to take her pink ribbon off her car or shirt because it's a silly gimmick.

NYIntensity
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:51 pm 
Superstar Goalie

motzie12ak
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:52 pm 
Garbage Man

NYIntensity wrote:
ETC - you're wrong. And I'm not going to get into an internet dick-swinging contest, but you're dead fucking wrong. Something obviously tipped you over the edge, but think about the research that's been done. Yeah, I'm sick of the "save the earth" shit - governments have much more control of how a LOT of waste can be disposed of, but don't want to spend the money. I am not; however, at all sick of the breast cancer awareness and fund raising. The donations people make SAVE LIVES.

You want to cry about a pink ribbon? Imagine your mom with breast cancer, then tell her you don't support the cause. Or tell her to take her pink ribbon off her car or shirt because it's a silly gimmick.

agree with this completely. A lot of the times after games where the athletes wear something of the sort, it gets auctioned off and the money goes right to the cause. Like NYI said, those donations do save lives. Yes there is a lot of pink awareness for breast cancer in our faces all the time, but really, it can only help speed up the process of finding a cure for the deadly disease. And if they can find the cure to one type, it can only lead to helping find the cures for other types. One of my best friends lost their father to cancer when she was only about 16. Cancer kills loved ones every day, so if they wanna do this to show their support, then all the power to em. Fredonias hockey team has worn pink jerseys, MLB baseball teams have worn pink hats, the list goes on. It's not just a gimmick, it's a sign of support to all those that are battling cancer or have lost their lives to cancer.

icehound
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:59 pm 
Star Sniper

Alright. Can't be civil?

First thread closed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]