It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
YankeeInRaleigh
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2010
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:23 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Los9090 wrote:
YankeeInRaleigh wrote:
Los9090 wrote:
The worse thing about the diving is when the players grab their shins. Ummm, you are wearing shin guards.

getting kicked in the shins hurts like hell regardless of whether or not your wearing shin pads. They're not made or steel or something, it's like 1/8th inch plastic with some thin padding.

Not to say that there wasnt plenty of diving and acting, my favorite is always when there is a slide tackle with ZERO actual contact, and the player still goes flopping down like he's been mortally wounded. That shit is fucking ludicrous.

I was kicked in the shins NUMEROUS times and never fell down clutching my shins like an asshole. Yeah, I'd feel a sensation there, but not to the point where the guards got shattered.

Oh, definitely...i'm not saying ANY of that fake shit was warranted, but people seem to think there is NO pain involved in battling, at high speeds, with other guys for the ball.
And if the most you've ever felt was 'a sensation' then kudos for being so lucky, depending on what the popular shinpads are nowadays i'd guess yours is the minority experience.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21