It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Squanto
 Post subject: Re: Your NFL Predictions
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:54 pm 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
sorry guys.

Sorry for what? Because some guy who doesn't have much more knowledge than any of us ranked the Bills last? Who cares!

None of these analysts actually know anything. Adam Schefter gets shit wrong constantly, yet he's regarded as 'the best'. Chris Mortenson is a hack of the highest order. Tim Cowlinshaw reported that Revis' contract was 'done' 3 weeks before it actually was. Hard Knocks showed the Jets' GM LAUGHING about that report. John Clayton lives in Seattle (and has a studio in his house for his reports), yet he was the ESPN Power Ranking guy for the AFC East and NFC East.

Snapshot these rankings, and see what the end of the year rankings look like. I guarantee they'll be about as accurate as Mel Kiper's draft predictions.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:58 pm 
Captain Dynasty

im sorry you are ranked lower then lions. thats why im sorry.

i was just posting the power rankings, seeing what you guys thought.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:19 pm 
Cup Winner

I don't care for them because half the time they suck and don't reflect much.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:37 pm 
Captain Dynasty

hilarious article

http://deadspin.com/5633345/dear-summer ... e=true&s=i

X-pensfan
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:55 pm 
Star Sniper

daz28 wrote:
X-pensfan wrote:
I predict that billions of dollars will be spent on beer, marketing beer, while encouraging kids into the fantasy world of alcohol abuse and exploiting women and whatever else they can get away with.

NFL players will still be praised for being Saints when they get drunk and kill people with their cars and do 24 days of time instead of getting away with it scott free like their lawyers said they could.

12 women will be raped throughout the season by NFL players, 2 will go public and both will be swept under the carpet by big money lawyers.

NFL players will continue to take drugs and steroids.

And the Steelers will win the Super Bowl.

I understand your point, but I think you're ranting here. To vilify having some beers, and chasing women is bad. Then comparing it to rape and DWI is insane. Look, if you let beer commercials or athletes encourage your children to be criminals, you're just a bad parent. I'm sure Doug Stanhope would rip this notion to PIECES.

ironyisadeadscene wrote:

and if the new england coaching staff has such a great recipe for victory, then its the rest of the leagues fault for not doing the same. shame on them for evolving and creating a game plan whose success rate is the closest thing to a sure thing.

Bingo. This fits in SOOOOO many pro sports discussions too, irony. If it's so fucking easy to do, then match it, or stfu.

No no, those were SEPARATE points that I made, hence the spacing. The raping of women and the vehicular homicide are not connected to the Labatt Lesbian whores that give a kid his first woody and a deep rooted desire to consume A TON of beer as soon as he can get his hands on it.

"And I love that I have an erection that doesn't involve homeless people." Kreiger

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:33 pm 
Captain Dynasty

This NFL regular season contest will be called by Al Michaels and Ryan Stiles!

Tvan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:55 am 
7th Defenseman

CJ Spiller will make Marshawn Lynch expendable and we will trade his criminal ass.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:44 pm 
Captain Dynasty

anyone see terry bradshaw verbally abuse roethlisberger, saying hes an embarrassment and shouldnt be a steeler?

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:57 pm 
Captain Dynasty

brady is on cruise control. hes killing my fantasy team.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:12 pm 
Captain Dynasty

OH WHAT THE FUCK????????????????????

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:53 pm 
Captain Dynasty

glad to see the colts lose. i think they, like the pats, are falling from the leagues elite. texans are gonna be dirty.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:53 am 
Cup Winner

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
glad to see the colts lose. i think they, like the pats, are falling from the leagues elite. texans are gonna be dirty.

I wouldn't deny that, the teams and players are just getting older.

When Brady and Manning retire you will see those teams fall from the mighty throne they sit on.

I don't doubt that, but I doubt they will be as terrible as some of the leagues worst.

Rud wrote:
As I said in the GDT, the call on Rivet was horseshit. The Bruins player was holding onto Rivet's stick like it was the last fucking raft on the Titanic.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:57 am 
Captain Dynasty

apparently, the patriots are actually too young. they have reloaded, they are just too young. i dont see the patriots slipping far, and theyll be elite again shortly.

but yeah, i guess the pats have a shit ton of young talent.

Skyline_BNR34
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:01 am 
Cup Winner

They know how to draft is the key.

As long as Bilicheat is running the show the team will be good. When he is gone, I see them slipping further and further, unless another coach as good as him is found.

I know their defense is real young this year. But I still see when Welker finally goes, the team won't nearly be as good as before. That guy is so shifty and has great hands he catches nearly everything thrown his way.

Rud wrote:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:02 pm 
Captain Dynasty

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81097630/
granted, this guy blew up, but the fact is, both feet were in bounds, came down, and his hips and knees hit the ground before the let go of the ball.

this is a touchdown in every sense of the word. im not sure what this new rule is, but it sure is the dumbest rule.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:14 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81097630/
granted, this guy blew up, but the fact is, both feet were in bounds, came down, and his hips and knees hit the ground before the let go of the ball.

this is a touchdown in every sense of the word. im not sure what this new rule is, but it sure is the dumbest rule.

Dumber than the tuck rule?

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:17 pm 
Captain Dynasty

by far.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:00 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
by far.

No way.

The tuck rule basically reads that even if a quarterback isn't making a forward motion with his arms, if he is pulling it back into himself, then it is still an incomplete pass. That's retarded.

The catch rule states that a player must be in control of the ball throughout the entire catch. The ball popped out upon Johnson's hand striking the ground which is why it was called incomplete no matter how much he wants to say he was "flicking it away." The officials saw the ball hit the ground, come out and ruled it as such. Now I think he maintained possession long enough for it to be considered a catch, but at least the rule is backed in logic since most of the time when the ball pops out, there never was the amount of control Johnson exhibited.

The tuck rule is just fucking stupid. It's taking something that isn't remotely a passing motion and making a fumble an incomplete pass.

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:08 pm 
Captain Dynasty

of course he had possession. that ball was in his hand over 2 seconds. it was secured in his hand, both feet came down, he fell, ball stayed firm and secured. its fucking stupid. meanwhile, in college, players, in celebration drop the ball prior to the goal line, and its still a touchdown.

its a fucking absurd rule. thats a catch in every sense of the word. to deny that as a catch is absolute insanity.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:19 pm 
Captain Dynasty

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
of course he had possession. that ball was in his hand over 2 seconds. it was secured in his hand, both feet came down, he fell, ball stayed firm and secured. its fucking stupid. meanwhile, in college, players, in celebration drop the ball prior to the goal line, and its still a touchdown.

its a fucking absurd rule. thats a catch in every sense of the word. to deny that as a catch is absolute insanity.

At least the rule does make sense in situations where control is less than apparent. The tuck rule doesn't make sense in any situation. It turns fumbles into non-fumbles.

Either way, blame Calvin Johnson, he was extremely lazy on that play. Kind of like DeSean Jackson self pwning himself on the goal line last season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next