It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:31 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Radio - 96.9 97 rock or 103.3 the edge locally
TV - Channel 4 CBS (i believe tasker is one of the announcers)
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201009120 ... hins@bills

Gameday Tipsheet - Week 1
By Chris Brown, Lead Journalist
Posted 14 hours ago
Top 3 Individual Matchups
1 – Terrence McGee vs. Brandon Marshall – It’s anticipated that McGee will be assigned to follow Marshall all over the field on Sunday, which the Bills have done in the past with receivers of similar caliber. In his last two games against the Bills (with Denver) Marshall had a combined 15 catches for 181 yards and a touchdown, but McGee has had success when given such assignments in the past.

2 – Aaron Maybin vs. Jake Long – Maybin may not be a starter on the depth chart, but he’s going to see a lot of the field in the team’s nickel package and in other passing situations. He’ll put his speed rush up against the two-time Pro Bowl left tackle and see if he can deliver in putting heat on Chad Henne to throw off the rhythm of the Dolphins passing game.

3 – Demetrius Bell vs. Cameron Wake – The left tackle, following a long but successful offseason knee rehabilitation, will take on the two-time CFL Defensive Player of the Year (2007-08) in Cameron Wake. The expectations are high on Wake as he is expected to be the linchpin of the team’s pass rush after the offseason departures of Joey Porter and Jason Taylor. Wake will be on the move a lot as he'll line up on whichever side of Buffalo's formation is the weak side.

Top 2 Bills Advantages
Good Advantage – Rushing attack – The Bills three-pronged rushing attack with C.J. Spiller, Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch offers Buffalo with versatile game-breaking options. Facing a defensive front that no longer has veteran anchor Jason Ferguson at nose tackle and a pair of rookies in the front seven, Buffalo should have some measure of success on the ground.

Best Advantage – Pass defense – Buffalo returns their entire secondary from a season ago, which was responsible for 22 of the team’s 28 interceptions a season ago. Despite the scheme change defensively and Miami’s addition of Marshall, Buffalo’s 2nd ranked pass defense of a year ago is expected to lock things down and prevent the big play.

Bills Number 1 Must
Run game – The Bills’ three backs are expected to be the engine of the Buffalo’s offense. As long as their ground game can keep the Bills’ offense in manageable down and distance situations come third down, Buffalo should be able to hold onto the football long enough to finish drives with points, and in turn keep Miami’s own productive rushing attack off the field.

Scouting Eye
Henne ready?
After a relatively successful first season as a starter in 2009, observers in Miami are asking if Chad Henne is really ready to build on last year after a less than productive preseason. Henne completed just over 55 percent of his passes and averaged less than six yards an attempt and a passer rating of 77.2. He’s also yet to develop clear chemistry with top wideout Brandon Marshall by most accounts.

Compare it to Trent Edwards’ figures in which he averaged over nine yards per attempt and completed better than 68 percent of his passes and had a 102.7 rating and you understand the concern in south Florida.

Shuffling the deck
Last season it was the Bills that were starting five players in new positions on their offensive line. While the Dolphins line shuffling isn’t quite as drastic, there are three new players on the interior. At left guard will be Richie Incognito, who finished the 2009 campaign with the Bills. In the pivot is Joe Berger, a six-year vet, who won a competition with former starter Jake Grove. Grove was subsequently cut on Thursday by the club. And at right guard is rookie third-round pick John Jerry.

Getting a good surge off the line has been somewhat of an issue for the Dolphins in the preseason, which is a concern knowing the running game is the bread and butter of Miami’s offense. Starter Ronnie Brown averaged just 2.2 yards per carry in the preseason and as a team they managed just 3.3 yards per carry.

Add in the fact that LT Jake Long is hobbled by a knee injury and the Dolphins front five could be looking at some inconsistent early season play quickly.

Converted defensive ends
There has been a lot of talk about the challenge Buffalo’s former defensive ends have faced this offseason in their transition to outside linebacker in the Bills’ new 3-4 system. The players Miami is counting on at outside linebacker are still in the process of making that move as well.

Former defensive ends Cameron Wake, Ikaika Alama-Francis and rookie Koa Misi are all still adjusting to not playing with their hand on the ground. Wake, much like fellow Penn State alum Aaron Maybin is trying to improve his consistency against the run while also adding pass rush moves to counter his speed rush.

Setting the edge in the run game has been their biggest issue and with C.J. Spiller on the other side of the line of scrimmage they’ll be vulnerable if he’s used as a receiver out of the backfield.

Secondary issues
Perhaps the area of greatest concern for the Dolphins is their secondary. Second-year man Sean Smith was benched with veteran Jason Allen replacing him in the lineup at right cornerback. The team also put veteran Will Allen on injured reserve with multiple reports indicating that Allen could be healthy in less than a month.

Miami also traded away reliable possession receiver Greg Camarillo to Minnesota in exchange for a very capable slot cornerback Bennie Sapp, but who is also new to the defensive scheme.

Add in the fact that their starting free safety is unproven second-year man Chris Clemons and the eight plays surrendered in the pass game of 25 yards or more and you begin to wonder if the Dolphins will be able to tighten up in time for the opener.

Dolphins add a returner
After working out former Pro Bowl returner Clifton Smith Tuesday, the Dolphins signed him on Wednesday. Smith went to the Pro Bowl in 2008 when he averaged 29.1 yards a kick return. He’s expected to play on Sunday.

The Bills held Smith in check last season when they faced him in a Week 2 win over Tampa Bay. Smith had four kick returns for 108 yards with a long of 30, and he had one punt return for five yards.

Buffalo Chips
Quote of the Week
“I just try to go out and just play. I try to bring excitement to the game and play the way it’s supposed to be played. That’ll never change. I just try to go out and help my team win. That just comes through preparation. I think if you’re prepared and know what you’re doing you can go out there and play full speed. That’s the type of mindset I try to take into the game.”

--RB C.J. Spiller

Stat of the Week
Lee Evans in 12 career games against the Dolphins has 39 receptions for 793 yards (20.3 avg) and eight touchdowns helping the Bills to an 8-4 mark over that span.

Milestones in reach
Lee Evans needs one 100-plus yard receiving game to tie Frank Lewis for the fourth-most in team history (14).

Fred Jackson is 122 receiving yards away from 1,000 in his career.

Roscoe Parrish needs one punt return for a touchdown for the fourth of his career and sole possession of first place in franchise history.

Final note
Chan Gailey is 2-0 as an NFL head coach on Kickoff Weekend.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/articl ... efc32d1184

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:34 am 
Franchise Defenseman

Football season is back in full swing with kickoff weekend. the saints have already beat the vikes again (ref assisted or not). Farve clearly showed his age. but anyway this game counts, and for those of us that remember the years of playing marino and the dolphins, it is time to squish the fish (even if i'm a proponent of this season being a wash).

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:37 am 
Captain Dynasty

im going for the dolphins, hardcore. sorry. its nothing against the bills, it has everything to do with jake long. dont take it personally.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:39 am 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
im going for the dolphins, hardcore. sorry. its nothing against the bills, it has everything to do with jake long. dont take it personally.

no prob i'm very much a proponent of the Bills tanking the season (i don't think we have our franchise QB or Tackle). As well growing up i was a dolphins fan. Would wear my dolphins jackets to games too. (didn't take flack because i was a kid, and that was when the Bills actually where winning)

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:31 am 
Captain Dynasty

I picked the bills, and it'll be in black and white on Sunday in the Syracuse paper. I wonder if anyone will notice if I just pick them in every single game this year. I'm considering doing it.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:03 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

psychemedisabrefan wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

no prob i'm very much a proponent of the Bills tanking the season (i don't think we have our franchise QB or Tackle). As well growing up i was a dolphins fan. Would wear my dolphins jackets to games too. (didn't take flack because i was a kid, and that was when the Bills actually where winning)

Tank Nation is for herpes-ridden Leafs fans. No one else. Say no to Tank Nation.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:39 am 
Captain Dynasty

mechaphil wrote:
psychemedisabrefan wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:

Tank Nation is for herpes-ridden Leafs fans. No one else. Say no to Tank Nation.

I have to agree. My distaste for the tank-for-picks thought is well documented.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:24 am 
resident car guy

I'm picking the Bills. All because of Chan Gailey.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

Tvan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:26 am 
7th Defenseman

I'm not gonna lie, I'm really excited for tomorrow. I am going into this season with the idea that they are going to suck, so I won't be as disappointed when they do.

But I'm still excited for tomorrow. If they only win one game, I hope this one's it.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:50 am 
Franchise Defenseman

I keep thinking 8-8... If they can win some of the close games that they lost last year because of having no offense (or coordinators) they should be a quickly rising team.

And I see us beating the Pats this year. *prays*

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:07 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

CJ! Spiller!

Rud
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:57 pm 
Superstar Goalie

SQUISH THE FISH

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:29 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

i do think the bills will win. Parcells has recently come out saying he doesn't like how henne's development is going.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... _headlines

The dolphins D hasn't been able to stop the run either. I don't like that they still have dansby.
I think the bills will be ridding a lot of emotion and as long as edwards confidence isn't hurt too bad he should be able to make it through this game.
I like what can be done with three healthy dangerous backs. heck you could put all three in the backfield and snap it to one of them.

And i'll say i don't want to see them lose, i guess i've just accepted this season as the start of the rebuild, and expect it to be a wash, can't say i would not be happy with being wrong.

but we shall see what happens.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:29 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Bills-Dolphins week 1 preview
By Associated Press
Posted 11 hours ago
With a revamped defense and a new big-play wide receiver on board, the Miami Dolphins are looking to rebound from a disappointing 2009. Coming off their fifth straight losing season, the Buffalo Bills are hoping a rookie running back can make coach Chan Gailey's first season a successful one.

The AFC East rivals meet in Sunday's season opener at Ralph Wilson Stadium, where the Dolphins haven't won since 2003.

Looking to follow up their first division crown since 2000, Miami lost its final three games last season - all by seven points or fewer - and finished 7-9 to miss the playoffs for the seventh time in eight years.

The Dolphins' porous defense was one of the major reasons for the sub-.500 record. Miami was tied for fifth-fewest in the league with 21 forced turnovers and allowed a franchise-record 140 fourth-quarter points, a league-worst.

"When you look back at us, we gave up too many big plays a year ago, no question about it,'' coach Tony Sparano said. "That has to be fixed.''

Mike Nolan was hired as defensive coordinator, veterans Joey Porter and Jason Taylor weren't brought back, and the Dolphins used seven of their eight draft picks to bolster the defense.

While rookie linebacker A.J. Edds tore his right ACL on the fourth day of training camp, first-round pick Jared Odrick, a defensive end and 2009 Big Ten defensive player of the year at Penn State, and second-rounder Koa Misi, a linebacker, are expected to play major roles in the Dolphins' 3-4 defense that will put a larger emphasis on rushing the quarterback.

"Those guys have created a little bit of chaos out there at times," Sparano said.

The Dolphins coach is also expecting Brandon Marshall to cause plenty of chaos for opposing defenses. Acquired in April from Denver, the two-time Pro Bowler joins a team that had six receiving TDs last season. Marshall had 101 receptions for 1,120 yards and a career-best 10 TDs in 2009. He is one of two players (New England's Wes Welker) with more than 300 catches over the last three seasons.

"Brandon Marshall obviously adds another dimension to their offense, and you've got to take account of him on every play,'' Bills linebacker Chris Kelsay said.

The addition of Marshall is expected to help Chad Henne, who begins his third season, and first as the team's Week 1 starter. Henne took over for veteran Chad Pennington in Week 4 last season and completed 60.8 percent of his passes for 2,878 yards with 12 TDs and 14 interceptions.

"I guess I feel more comfortable knowing that I'm the starter and this is kind of the way you want to start and get things off to the right start," Henne told the Dolphins' official website.

With Gailey taking over for the fired Dick Jauron in the offseason, the Bills are hoping running back C.J. Spiller can help them return to the playoffs for the first time since 1999. Selected ninth overall from Clemson, last season's ACC player of the year won the starting job in the preseason after rushing for 122 yards and three TDs. Although Fred Jackson (broken hand) and Marshawn Lynch (ankle) missed significant time during camp, Gailey said Spiller likely would have won the job even if the two were healthy.

"He's done a good job and he's earned the spot," said Gailey.

Jackson, who last season became the first in NFL history with 1,000 or more receiving and kickoff return yards, is expected to see limited time Sunday, while Lynch could also take a few carries.

While Miami is looking for an improved defensive effort in 2010, the Bills are hoping first-year defensive coordinator George Edwards - the Dolphins linebackers coach the last five seasons - can help the team transition from a Tampa-2-style defense to the 3-4.

Buffalo, though, has struggled implementing the system, with the starters allowing 617 yards, 34 first downs and 56 points in the first halves of the first three preseason games.

"When you're new and you're putting in something, you're trying to develop it faster than it probably should,'' Gailey said. "But you have to do that because the games start counting this week."

The Bills could be tested against the 1-2 combination of Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown. Williams led the Dolphins with 1,121 yards and 11 TDs last season, while Brown, a 2008 Pro Bowler, was limited to 647 yards after missing the final seven games with a broken right foot. The Dolphins' last 1,000-yard tandem was Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris in 1972.

"There are a lot of things that go into that,'' Brown said. "But that goal is very attainable. It's realistic.''

Miami has dropped five in a row in Buffalo since a 20-3 victory Dec. 21, 2003. The Dolphins defeated the Bills 16-3 in Toronto on Dec. 7, 2008.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/articl ... 5a835a4bc6

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:30 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

5 Things to Watch During Bills-Dolphins

Joe Buscaglia Reporting
[email protected]

Well it's finally here ladies and gentlemen.

The regular season is upon us. There's many opinions about how exactly the Buffalo Bills will do this season, but there really isn't anything better than the home opener of the season.

So the Bills get a division test right off the bat, facing the rival Miami Dolphins at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday.

There will be plenty of things to look for during this football game, and I've outlined the top five for you.

Remember, during the football game I'll be tweeting live from Ralph Wilson Stadium, so join me as I break down the game @JoeB_WGR.

So without further ado, here's five things to watch for during the Bills/Dolphins game:

1) Spiller Thriller Time?
- So that didn't take long. The Bills named C.J. Spiller their number one running back, but it remains to be seen how much exactly they'll use their exciting young running back. I think they are going to utilize Spiller as much as possible. I don't think they'll use the kiddie gloves with him. They drafted him for a reason, and I believe they want to make a statement by punishing teams with his raw speed if they don't give the run game enough respect. I think we're in line for some exciting runs from number 21.

2) Can the D Stop the Run?
- This is the biggest question mark of the contest for Buffalo. The best thing Miami does on offense is running the football. The facet of the game the Bills' defense is worst at is stopping the run. That's a recipe for pure disaster. This team will need to at least contain the run from not completely taking over the football game in order to stay competitive. If they don't, it could get ugly.

3) How Much Maybin?
- Reggie Torbor looks to be injured for the contest, so how much of an impact will Aaron Maybin have on the football game? When Torbor first went down, Chris Ellis was pegged to take over his starting position. I assume that will probably remain the case, but will the Bills stick with Ellis the majority of the football game or will they start to filter in Maybin more and more. It's an understatement to say that the 2009 first round draft pick has been a disappointment to this point, which makes this season paramount to the future of Aaron Maybin's career.

4) D. Bell's Climb Back
- So there's no more room for Jamon Meredith to start for this team. It's time to see Demetrius Bell play a full game. He's been battling back from knee surgery and has looked skittish at times and apprehensive to fully trust his knee. Now, the immediate future of Trent Edwards will be on the line with Bell protecting his blind side every single play. Can Bell take the next step? Or will he continue to be frustratingly below average? Sunday is a big test in answering those questions.

5) Don't Try Forgetting Brandon Marshall
- The marquee acquisition this offseason for the Miami Dolphins was bringing in the big play wide receiver Brandon Marshall from Denver. Now, Chad Henne no longer has any excuses and his progress must be amplified to keep the Dolphins fans and coaching staff happy. Marshall is a matchup nightmare. He's big, fast and incredibly physical, and uses all three to his advantage. The Bills' secondary will have their hands full in containing him.

Final Thoughts
I think the Bills have perhaps one of their best shots to win the football game. The crowd will be alive for the team's home and season opener. The team will be amped up because of the crowd and will also be ready to go because of a new regime and new culture, and they'll be eager to show the progress that they've made.

With that being said, I expect C.J. Spiller to have a big game, and I think the Bills will pull out this victory on Sunday.

Prediction: Bills 24, Dolphins 20

http://www.wgr550.com/BUSCAGLIA--5-Thin ... ns/8122415

Stuuuuuuu
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:15 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Bills are going down!! :twisted: :twisted:

The fish will squish!! :dance: :twisted:

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:30 pm 
Captain Dynasty

i'm excited.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:31 pm 
Captain Dynasty

same old offense. come on defense, looks like its on you to score!

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:43 pm 
Captain Dynasty

cant tackle for shit

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:00 pm 
Captain Dynasty

way to go marshall, lol