It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

HelloMyKneeGrows
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:48 am 
Garbage Man

We all know the Bills have a GLUT of RB's, play the Pack this week, and rumors of Aaron Rodgers pleading for his team to trade for his former Cal RB Marshawn Lynch abound. Not to mention the Bills extreme lack of LB depth and this report outta the GB Press Gazette a day ago....

07:45 AM ET 09.16 | Mike McCarthy reportedly heaped praise on A.J. Hawk in August, saying he was having the best camp of his NFL career. A month later, Hawk didn't play a single snap from scrimmage for the Packers in their season-opening victory at Philadelphia. After starting 62 of 65 games in his Packers' career, the former first-round draft pick appears to have reached the point where his best opportunity to be a key contributor on defense might be with another team. There's still more than a month before the NFL's Oct. 19 trading deadline and although Hawk's agent, Mike McCartney, stressed that Hawk remains committed to the team that drafted him fifth overall in 2006, he indicated that Hawk would be willing to change teams if it meant more playing time.
Green Bay Press Gazette

Hawk, 6th Overall in 2006
Lynch, 12th Overall in 2007

Neither team seems to want either player, yet BOTH teams would have a MAJOR upgrade simply by swapping disgruntled, unused, leftover high first round picks. I don't see where either team loses here.....if GB and Buffalo don't make some sort of deal before/after this game, we should all seriously call into judgement both GM's common sense.....

TheBlackDahliaMurder
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:27 am 
Career AHL'er

Trading Lynch for Hawk is ridiculously stupid. Hawk was a huge bust for the Packers, and he's average at best. If we trade Lynch, we better get fair value because when he's the workhorse, he'll give you 1,100 yards and 10+ TDs.

Squanto
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:15 am 
Carlos Spicy-Wiener

This rumor has been fun to watch.

It started off as a blog post on some guy's personal page. He knew a guy who knew a guy who talked to AJ Hawk who said he was being traded to Buffalo for Lynch. WGR reported it on their morning show clearly identifying where it came from. Over the next 48 hours, it made the rounds and hit the national media cycles.

All from one guy's blog that's probably full of shit. :)

It wouldn't been a bad trade. Marshawn is pretty useless here, and they have needs at LB. Not sure it will happen until after this week's game, if it happens at all. Lynch is not going to get significant playing time, even if he does stay; Spiller and Jackson are your guys. Lynch is your situational back. Assuming he'd get 1000/10 this year is laughable.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:13 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

hell i'd take a maroney like trade for lynch. heck maybe gun for a third rounder. green bay is a projected superbowl team and they need a RB. Rodgers and lynch already have familiarity. I'd want the pick.
Here are some pro's i see to making the trade:
pro's
Lynch and rodger's relationship
Lynch has already been playing in the snow
The Packers are projected to be a superbowl team and the pick will be near the end of the round
The packers need a running back after grant is gone for the season.
The bills are rebuilding another pick is useful.

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:41 pm 
Star Sniper

Maybe having Kelsay cover slot receivers was part of the deal. He's been victimized twice already. The DC should be FIRED for this alone.

Ryan911T
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:49 pm 
resident car guy

This game is just awful for the Bills.

Twitter - @Ryan911T - @MotoExposure

Rud
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:58 pm 
Superstar Goalie

And suddenly everything looks much better after one drive.

EDIT: Oh wait this thread isn't for the game. Whoops.

daz28
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:30 pm 
Star Sniper

Rud wrote:
And suddenly everything looks much better after one drive.

EDIT: Oh wait this thread isn't for the game. Whoops.

Oh wait, things couldn't possibly look worse. At least this will allow Capt. check-down to get his standard free 4th qtr. yardage. I'd love to see this guys stats when the game is within reach. Gotta be the worst in NFL history.

psychemedisabrefan
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:09 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

i think most of the bills o-line had the green bay defense for their fantasy teams