It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 pm 
Star Sniper

This is mostly about fines, but figure it will leak to suspensions. Here's a 'scenario' for you.

Your name is Dominick, and you live in Little Italy. You make your living cutting produce and stuff at a local restaurant, and have been mostly happy doing so. Your boss records your work via camera, but you don't mind, because he's always been a good guy. Suddenly, one day, he approaches you, an says, "Dom, you know I like ya, but I'm gonna have to fine you $30 for not washing those mushrooms before you cooked them".

Is this fair to Dominick?

Is it fair to run a league(which now begins to sound like some giant protected corporate monopoly) and fine whoever for whatever?????????

I would not want to work under those conditions, yet I'd love to make balla cash.

Please discuss.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:09 pm 
Hart Winner

That example is wtf.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:19 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

So which fine are you bitching about, retarded example notwithstanding.

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:22 pm 
Star Sniper

Any fines. Should Dominick's boss be allowed to team up with the other 22 restaurants in L.I., and run rough on all the workers like that. Dirty mushrooms can ruin their business just as quick as a dirty hit can.

BlueandYellow
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:24 pm 
Hart Winner

:obscene-hanged:

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:26 pm 
Star Sniper

Wahtev, I guess you're not getting my point. Maybe someone will, haha. I just think this type of action on a smaller scale is clearly unfair.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:26 pm 
Captain Dynasty

I think James Harrison should stop being a fucking baby and either grow the testicles to retire, or stop bitching about it and play football.

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 pm 
Star Sniper

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
I think James Harrison should stop being a fucking baby and either grow the testicles to retire, or stop bitching about it and play football.

ya, but this wasn't about him at all. Just the principle of the idea of selective fines.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 pm 
PP Quarterback

i think all NFL players should play 2 years in a rugby league and learn how to tackle, since about 1 out of every 35 players really knows how to.

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:30 pm 
Captain Dynasty

PatGreen wrote:
i think all NFL players should play 2 years in a rugby league and learn how to tackle, since about 1 out of every 35 players really knows how to.

Been saying this for years.

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:31 pm 
Star Sniper

PatGreen wrote:

They'd also learn that you don't have to end every play with a dirty hack either. The NFL is dirty, yet I like it. I think they are compensated WELL for what happens in those dirty moments after the play. Keeps the league tough.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:33 pm 
PP Quarterback

it's funny...rugby players don't break tackles often (and it's not because we're not athletic) and we rarely get head/neck injuries, even at the professional levels.

you can clean someone out really well even if you wrap and drive, and it almost never involves head contact.

i'm not bragging, but for an example, i broke a guys ribs with a clean as day tackle...he tried to run me over but i was lower and i drove through him. (i felt horrible, but he's fine...i just use this to explain clean hits can be HARD hits)

PatGreen
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:35 pm 
PP Quarterback

daz28 wrote:
They'd also learn that you don't have to end every play with a dirty hack either. The NFL is dirty, yet I like it. I think they are compensated WELL for what happens in those dirty moments after the play. Keeps the league tough.

i don't think you've seen a lot of rugby. people are almost always getting stomped on or raked when they are on the ground. i don't mind dirty stuff in scrums as long as it's not malicious like romanowski.

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:38 pm 
Star Sniper

Anyways, should Dominick be taxed, or should he be warned, then fired??

The NFL(and NHL) is using fines as a scapegoat to keep them out of the scene. If they warned, and then fired their employees, they'd rid themselves of their own 'supposed' problems.

PatGreen
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:39 pm 
PP Quarterback

if they do it right, they won't get fined.

daz28
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:41 pm 
Star Sniper

PatGreen wrote:
daz28 wrote:

i don't think you've seen a lot of rugby. people are almost always getting stomped on or raked when they are on the ground. i don't mind dirty stuff in scrums as long as it's not malicious like romanowski.

In a NFC playoff game it's almost every play. I guess my point is that they are magicians at it too. In rugby, you dirty and don't care. NFL is always on the sly.

Van_Da_Man
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:13 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

PatGreen wrote:
if they do it right, they won't get fined.

:clap:

"I'm going to go to the spa and have a hot tub and massage and relax," Miller said. "That's it, and it's back to work tomorrow." Ryan Miller after clinching the North East division.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:24 am 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

Look, the NFL is full of dirty fucking players. How many times do you a see a guy going down, and some dude just comes in and pops him with a shoulder to the head, or jump on the players back?

On feet isn't like it is on skates, you can stop on a dime. Don't believe me, watch some of the cuts these athletes make.

There is no reason for someone to come in and add that additional hit, it's bush league and not how the game is supposed to be played. I agree football is a violent sport, but there is a different between violent sports, and just plain intending to cause injury or additional pain.

They can all bitch and moan, but learn to play the game the right way. They are being paid, and if they don't like the new policy, then go play UFL or CFL. Just like if you dont like things going on at your job, either deal with it, or quit. Those are their options.

Squanto 7/27/2010

CriminallyVu1gar
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:31 am 
Captain Dynasty

jvaccaro6 wrote:
Look, the NFL is full of dirty fucking players. How many times do you a see a guy going down, and some dude just comes in and pops him with a shoulder to the head, or jump on the players back?

On feet isn't like it is on skates, you can stop on a dime. Don't believe me, watch some of the cuts these athletes make.

There is no reason for someone to come in and add that additional hit, it's bush league and not how the game is supposed to be played. I agree football is a violent sport, but there is a different between violent sports, and just plain intending to cause injury or additional pain.

They can all bitch and moan, but learn to play the game the right way. They are being paid, and if they don't like the new policy, then go play UFL or CFL. Just like if you dont like things going on at your job, either deal with it, or quit. Those are their options.

Or you can be James Pussy Harrison, and cry about possibly retiring, which is pretty much like an emo kid threatening to kill himself after he gets pancakes instead of waffles for breakfast.

jvaccaro6
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:52 am 
Certifiably Hotter than ETC

CriminallyVu1gar wrote:
jvaccaro6 wrote:

Or you can be James Pussy Harrison, and cry about possibly retiring, which is pretty much like an emo kid threatening to kill himself after he gets pancakes instead of waffles for breakfast.

Fuck him, tell him to go retire then. Good luck getting a job with that General Studies degree and modest GPA. It's not like this guy is that marketable anyway, an undrafted LB from Kent State...about as marketable as You and I.

Also, Harrison is just a scum bag of an individual. Dodging 2 White House invites, and being arrested on Domestic Violence, and other issues concerning his dogs attacking his child and girlfriend.

The dude is a fucking joke, go ahead, the NFL wont miss him, retire. The NFL has players come around like this all the time. Like whats his name from SD, or the dude Tampa had a few years ago. They come into the league, play hard for a few seasons, and then are forgotten. I didn't bother to even look up their names, because they are that unmemorable.

Harrison isn't a reason I tune in on Sunday, I tune in to watch a great game, not watch people publicly battered by some meat head who is out there head hunting.

Squanto 7/27/2010