It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

The Rev
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:09 pm 
Emergency Call-Up

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i do root for the red devils.

Quote:
Man Utd is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Man Utd" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"Man Utd Man Utd went on a plane Man Utd Man Utd never came back again"

and..

"Man Utd Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").

I hope this makes it clearer that saying Man Utd is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

So... Please REFRAIN from using this term ever again!!!!!!!! Angry

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:14 pm 
Captain Dynasty

The Rev wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
i do root for the red devils.

Quote:
Man Utd is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Man Utd" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"Man Utd Man Utd went on a plane Man Utd Man Utd never came back again"

and..

"Man Utd Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").

I hope this makes it clearer that saying Man Utd is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

So... Please REFRAIN from using this term ever again!!!!!!!! Angry

i knew about the munich disaster, never knew that term held so much meaning towards manchester united.

sabretime30
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:38 pm 
Brawler

Yea I'm a Barca fan... and I must say, that 5-0 manhandle on Real Madrid was sooooo sweet :D

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:43 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

sabretime30 wrote:
Yea I'm a Barca fan... and I must say, that 5-0 manhandle on Real Madrid was sooooo sweet :D

a barcagloryhunter :roll: congrats

sabretime30
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:50 pm 
Brawler

Yhoshi wrote:
sabretime30 wrote:

Hey, usually I don't gloat about these things... but for that one I just had to. Gloating shall stop now

mechaphil
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:06 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Reds up on Steaua 1-0 in the second half. YNWA!

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:49 am 
Star Sniper

You'd think Chelsea would sit at the top of the chart with a game against Everton yesterday. 1 - 1 draw, leaving them short of their goal.

And how about Dimitar Berbatov's five goal game against Blackburn last week? The often underacheiving Bulgarian forward now has 11 goals in 13 appearances this season. Problem is, if you take the five goal game, and his hatty against Liverpool in September, he has only scored 3 goals in 11 games.

Sounds a bit like a younger Alexei Kovalev....... :think:

-Bowler, imitating Freddy Blassie, at the very first M & G.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:41 am 
Thy Horror Cosmic

Beauty comparison, HH :lol:

Liverpool is doing enough in Europa play to hang on, but it seems they're merely playing to avoid relegation in the Prem. Having Stevie G out for a while hurts for sure. Torres needs to get his swagger back, and on the whole the team needs to stop defending like shit.

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:40 pm 
Star Sniper

Huge match this Sunday sees Chelsea match up with Manchester United. Chelsea is three point behind Man U; and have played one more game.

On a side note, MLS standout Edson Buddle is on a tryout with Birmingham City.

Blimey! :think:

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:54 pm 
Franchise Defenseman

Howie Hodge wrote:
Huge match this Sunday sees Chelsea match up with Manchester United. Chelsea is three point behind Man U; and have played one more game.

On a side note, MLS standout Edson Buddle is on a tryout with Birmingham City.

Blimey! :think:

I think ManU will win it.

this week Henry was guest in Salzburg (RedBull Salzburg FC). He said that the MLS is underrated. true. possible a bit too much kick and rush .... but I think the MLS is in the same category like Austria, Switzerland, Israel , Belgium. there should be more games between european teams and MLS teams.

what do you think?

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:20 am 
Star Sniper

I think MLS would match up favorably outside of England, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Brasil, and Argentina. While this may seem like an insult; it's not - those leagues are all great right now. They could probably compete with some of the lower placing teams in Brasil and Argentina.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the glamour matcgups in England were snowed out this past weekend! This includes the much anticipated Manchester United v Chelsea match. :(

A young Howie Hodge was in England in 1979, vacationing with his English parents. Rollie Horton, an English beat reporter, and friend to HH Sr.; had gotten tickets for about five games. The worst weather in 35 years did pretty much what happened this past weekend.

We got to see two games. Preston North End at Leicester City. Yes; it was a breathtaking match - it was really cold.... The second match was Derby at Nottingham Forest; and Notts Forest was a European powerhouse at that time.

Cool match, and HH SR. got to chat with Notts Forest Manager Brian Clough after the game in the "Pilot Club at Notts Forest's Stadium. :clap:

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:48 pm 
Star Sniper

Chelsea lost 3 -1 to Arsenal. Arsenal two points back of Man U. with one more game played. Chelsea is now 6 points back of Man U, and have played one more game.

Man U. won 2 - 0 this weekend over Sunderland to put themselves clear in first with 37 points. Man U's mid week game this week is against Birmingham, so they are really in good shape, having a game in hand on any clubs near them in the Premiership standings. Man U. should stand at 40 points entering their weekend matchup with West Brom.

I'd love to be in England to see some of these games.......

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:05 pm 
Captain Dynasty

sabretime30 wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
sabretime30 wrote:

Hey, usually I don't gloat about these things... but for that one I just had to. Gloating shall stop now

dont listen to him. gloat away.

Yhoshi
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:08 am 
Franchise Defenseman

ironyisadeadscene wrote:
sabretime30 wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
sabretime30 wrote:

stop being so crosby. :cry:

ironyisadeadscene
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:02 am 
Captain Dynasty

Yhoshi wrote:
ironyisadeadscene wrote:
sabretime30 wrote:
Yhoshi wrote:
sabretime30 wrote:

stop being so crosby. :cry:

ok, seriously? go the fuck away. you are an obnoxious asshole who goes around trying to piss people off, then play the "i dont speak english" card to get away with it. im fucking sick of it, and im going to call you out for it.

Los9090
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:41 am 
Superstar Goalie

I can't believe that Bolton and Sunderland...SUNDERLAND!!! Are making a push for 4th place

Los9090
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:20 am 
Superstar Goalie

-Arsenal shuts out Birmingham 3-0...
-Tottenham who might get Beckham wins 1-0 over Fulham
-Freakin Sunderland takes out Blackburn 3-0. That manager should be mgr of the year
-Manchester City with a big 1-0 win over Blackpool to keep pace with Man Utd.
-Liverpool wins at the death 2-1 over Bolton...a HUGE win for the Reds

Howie Hodge
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:10 pm 
Star Sniper

I think Arsenal is the biggest challenge to Man U's title chances.

Man City is tied in points with Man U at 41; but have played two more games, 21 to 19.

Chelsea sitting in 5'th with 35 points, 20 games played.

That questionable Birmingham goal last week that tied Man U, and cost them 2 points comes into play here. Man U would have 43 points and two games in hand to Man City.

Even if Beckham were to join a team like Tottenham, I don't believe he has enough pace (not his strength even when younger) to change the landscape in the top five of The Premiership.

mechaphil
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:32 pm 
Thy Horror Cosmic

The word is coming down that John Henry is gonna sack Roy and bring on King Kenny as caretaker for the rest of the season so they can find a new permanent manager.

Los9090
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:06 pm 
Superstar Goalie

mechaphil wrote:
The word is coming down that John Henry is gonna sack Roy and bring on King Kenny as caretaker for the rest of the season so they can find a new permanent manager.

Big loss by the Reds to Blackburn...you can hear the water boiling under Hodgeson across the Atlantic

Speaking of managers in trouble, Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti must be feeling it as his side dropped a 1-0 decision to Wolverhampton. But hey, I'd take Chelsea's 5th place spot over Liverpool's 12th any day.

Arsenal and Man City draw at 0-0
Sunderland (WTF!!) 1-0 over Aston Villa
Newcastle destroys West Ham 5-0
Bolton and Wigan draw at 1-1
and Everton beats Tottenham 2-1